• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ordinary

She was ordinary. 

To the left and to the right there were bright and shiny examples of uniqueness. Boys and girls of all colors of the spectrum. Some had eye catching traits like wings and horns and scales. Oh my! Dragonglass walked among the throng on bodies invisible. There was a steady buzz of conversation and the occasional crack of a tail at the pesky insects that divulged upon the equines this time of year. Our girl seemed to only be acknowledged by these vampires.

Dark eyes shift as she steps politely out of the way to maneuver a pair of mares engulfed in a rather riveting conversation of the best places to attract stallions in the approaching fall. Dragonglass cared not to think of the next season yet. She was a girl barely past her fourth year and she knew exactly was to come in the season of dying foliage. 

Within a few footfalls she is on the outskirts of the herd. She inhales deeply to cleanse her lungs of the heavy scent of sweat and dung that coexists with such crowds. Pools scan among the faces for possibly one that seemed intelligent enough to hold a conversation worth having and possibly a herd or home to follow.

Dragonglass is an ordinary girl. No fun and flashy traits. She is, however, black. A deep glassy black so shiny you could almost see your reflection in her hide. She can carry a conversation and she can argue a point to the teeth. She does not come with emotional baggage nor does she harbor deep dark secrets. She can't really carry a tune when she sings but she is fearless when asked to be.

It is up to you now to see how special she really it.

dragonglass
    covet x irk

If you despise my existence, I hold no grudge. But to protect those precious to me, I will make no such promises

Some how he found himself of all places in the field. The abundance of mares was clear to the eye yet, there were still sight of stallions, many equine gifted were of plenty yet those like he weren't in sight. He was as any ordinary stallion sure, his wretched appearance wasn't as pleasant as he wished but, he made the best of it.

They always seemed to stare at the boy, nasty glares from snobby mares, and arrogant smirks from pathetic stallions. He didn't seem to mind, he would just simply glare back at them with his blood red eyes glinting in a pleasant manner, at their seemingly amusing expressions. 

He wasn't much of a big shot around like most stallions of Beqanna, he was known as a wanderer, a loner, a clueless soul. Much like any stallion, he wished to begin a herd but, he hadn't yet had the opportunity to find the suitable mare to accompany him and, to settle in their own little corner of the world.

None the less, he spotted a mare currently not being bombarded by a crowd of unappealing stallions, nor the beauties of the Amazon kingdom, he took his opportunity. Striding towards the inky black mare he politely spoke, " Hello, Madame." he paused for a moment gaining his words, " I'm Daey, would you care to share a name?" Crimson eyes locked with hers, he wished not to scare her yet, it was possibly inevitable.

Swiveling alabaster ears in her direction,"Are you enjoying the field?" he husked, the stallion always enjoyed being near other horses. Perhaps it was because his isolation as a child, being abandoned by his mother for his looks, perhaps he was just destined for isolation but, only time could tell.

Daey

html c insane | pic c bokehlight.deviantart.com

Arabian mixture was her genetic make up. This allows the ballerina girl to pirouette easily away as the pulse of the equines intensifies. Lobes flicker back as she notices how casually they caress and and converse. Had mares really allowed themselves to toyed with so easily or were it they who did the toying? Dragonglass preferred to not answer this question but instead turned to meet the gaze of two red gems that nestled under thick white lashes.

Ears detach to flicker forward as they meet the low baritone of the male. There was a quickening in her breast as she listens to his voice. Her own dark eyes watching him with sincere interest. The girl admitted to herself that it was nice to have company.

She watches and notices his body. Intuition tells her that he is being sincere so Dragonglass stays to meet his questions with answers instead of dancing away among the bodies that seemed to engulf the two where they stood...like the rise of the tide of the ocean. There were now seafoam. 

"Please call me Dragonglass" A small smile touches the ebony woman's lips as she hesitates a moment to allow her eyes to shift over the field before returning the pink ones of the pale boy "And not particularly. Too many people and too small of a space. The field just swallows you up." Dragonglass gives her skin a shake to disrupt the new batch of insects that had decided settle upon her and shifts her weight. " It's nice to meet you Daey."

Her own soprano vocals meet his inquires. Yes, many others moved around them with fanciful colors and interesting appendages but Daey holds her attention. The two stood like yin and yang. A balance in the world of chaos and color.

dragonglass
    covet x irk

If you despise my existence, I hold no grudge. But to protect those precious to me, I will make no such promises

He always enjoyed the growing activity in Beqanna. Sure it did bring arrogant stallions to town but, the field was also a place to find new faces say your hellos and find a new home. It was unfortunate that some horses remained here yet, many others joined highly populated kingdoms, while only few were left for herds. Daey always had a liking for the company of mares and perhaps, this is what he needed a herd of his own. Although, he didn't want to force his herd intentions upon anyone, they would have to come willingly and perhaps the ink black damsel was the one?

Clamping down his jaws, the boy did get nervous at times especially when confronting mares. Grinding his jaws together he gained his courage to ask her, they had little conversation so far but, as of now it seemed she wished to get out of this hell hole of activity. Flashing a roguish smile it allowed him to calm his nerves. " It's a pleasure to meet you, Dragonglass." The word felt sweet upon his tongue. His muscles tensed, " It is quite crowded today." He paused  to glance around the field filled with an abundance of activity. " I can release you from this activity." He spoke the words tenderly, " If you want to begin a herd with me in that fact." He bellowed the last words.

" So what do you say?" He lashed his white tail at the pesky insects wishing to land upon his hind. 

Daey

No one is truly ordinary, when it comes down to it. One might be ordinary in appearance, but the mind and the heart have capabilities that many underestimate. It is one of the things Yael loves about the world - there are surprises under every leaf, and a hidden beauty in the simplest of things. That could be the magic talking, or just her standard bit of optimism. With a placid smile on her face, the gold and silver mare lands delicately near the glossy black mare and the pale stallion, tucking her wings in at her sides. She snorts softly, walking over to them, her warm, cinnamon colored eyes betraying nothing of the rather extraordinary circumstances that surround her at the moment.

Yael usually likes the foreigners; they remind her that there is life outside Beqanna, and that there was once a land she left to the ashes and the flames. They remind her to be thankful.

“Xello to you bote. I ahm Yael, and I am from ze Desert. Some’ting tells me t’at you, Daey, are not looking for a keengdom. But I come to offer eet nonzeeless.” A kingdom meant more than just popping out babies. It meant having something to work for, and a larger sort of family. A family of those you choose to be with. A family that can protect and nurture and offer so much more.

Yael, guardian of the desert

Daey awaited her answer patiently, he so wanted to leave this place so he could claim his own land but it was all up to her. Blood red eyes searched through the crowd of many, seeming more distracted then focused upon what was at hand, a voice entered their conversation. It was hard to tell whatever this voice was saying but, it definitely grabbed ahold of the boys attention. Turning his head to the side he found that a mare had joined the fight for recruitments. 

Tossing his pearly white mane, Daey didn't want to be rude but he couldn't help but glare. He had gotten to Dragonglass first and if she were to pursuade the black damsel he would be extremely agitated. " I'm sorry, but I'm not looking for a kingdom, I would prefer to begin my own herd." He seemed to growl the words in a hostile manner. He didn't want to break limits but this mare better back off before he decided to do something more forceful. " I'll be giving you a blessing, for you to back off." He didn't want to lose her, to the kingdom life no matter what. He had just asked her to join him in their own little part of the world, and she hadn't even been able to answer at that.

He examined the stranger cautiously, it seemed to be a golden golden mare with wings. He grimaced slightly returning his attention back onto Dragonglass, he flared his pink tinted nostrils as a warning to Yael, to decide quickly. He could be dangerous at times if he willed himself to cause pain upon others, sometimes he considered joining the chambers but if he became cruel, he would never be able to forgive himself for the pain he enforced upon others. Crimson optics continued to glance back and fourth at both mares mainly at Yael.

Daey

lupei

What the truth is, I can't say anymore

Lupei likes a fighter. He enjoys the way they wind themselves up, enjoys watching them wrestle with their pent up fury over some small matter. He’s not really here for any specific reason (here as in the field) but he figures if he hangs around long enough he’ll see something interesting happen. Right now he’s a horse, his usual self, just unusual in the color. From the tip of his ears to his flank he’s a pleasant mint green. Teal drips from his belly on to his legs, and he likes it that way. It’s fun being different. Not that anything normal had sprung from Astri anyways - his half sister was only a few shades darker green than their mother, so he supposes that the blood among them ran strong.

A glint catches his eye - there’s a golden mare, aloft on heavenly wings that descends upon the mortals near the edge of the gathering. He smirks, knowing he’s found his source of entertainment for the day, and meanders closer. The little group is made up of mostly females, so he figures he can even the playing field a little bit by entering in. But my, what a conversation he’s stumbled upon. It seems the little black mare is up for a new life, and the brute has come first. “Poor sod.” Lupei thinks, tongue running over his teeth for a moment while he listens to the stallion tell off the winged mare.

When the man actually tells her to back off, Lupei laughs aloud - an echoing, gut-filled sound. If he could cry, he would. It’s all too good to be true. He attempts to gather himself, but he just can’t, and a silly grin is still plastered to his mouth when he faces off the aggressive male. “You’ve got some steel, haven’t you?” He chuckles, tail drawing a lazy circle around his hocks. “I’d be a bit more careful with that wagging tongue of yours, or you might find it outside of your mouth.” The horse snaps his jaws once, for good measure, a sly grin accompanying the action.

He turns back to the mare’s, head dropping low to the ground in an over embellished bow. “Lupei, at your service.”

For some reason, he always hated when others decided to join into a conversation which they were not to be included in the first place. Turning his head abruptly towards the intruding stallion, he grinds his teeth together gently causing a loud gritting sound to disperse, sure this sound isn't pleasant, just as unpleasant as it is to have a stallion join into a conversation which he wasn't supposed to.

He didn't want to start a pathetic quarrel with the seeming arrogant creature here to pick on meaningless mortal horses but, if Daey were to possibly turn on his cruel mannered, no mercy side. Lets just say, the possibility of him going on a killing rampage was highly likely at the moment. Irritably he responded, "Perhaps you should keep an eye upon all limbs? We wouldn't want one to become missing." he ended his words soundly.

If he were to become forceful at any moment he would of simply claimed Dragonglass in a second out of pure force and, if it did come to that there would possibly be no one stopping him. At least if anyone tried there was the slim possibility they would live to tell the tale.

Blood red eyes circled the now flock of four equine, two gifted, and two mortal. Directing his attention to the stallion, Lupei who had so graciously announced his name to the whole world, "Lupei, I'm sure it's a pleasure to meet a stallion such as you. But please, I say this with the utmost respect." He showed no respect to any equine of gifted mythic powers, " And honesty but, I don't think your needed." he laced the last few words with truth, and gently placed that upon the table of conversation.

Daey

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

It was not really Magnus’ style to intrude onto a conversation well on its way, but he had been walking into the field when he picked up on the stray ends of it. Bristling at the stallion’s tone, he walked over, gold-flecked eyes flashing and scarred mouth pulled tight. His black-tipped ears laid back against his skull as he listened to Lupei, before snarling darkly at Daey, “That’s no way to talk to a lady.” His gaze wandered to Yael, and he nodded almost imperceptibly, before turning back and laughing, steel running underneath the sound of it. “Let alone a lady who could turn you inside out without batting an eyelash.”

His head tilts to the side a little as he considers the albino, voice lowering, “Perhaps, we should let her decide who is needed and not needed." Straightening and tucking his golden eagle wings into his sides, he turned his attention to the mare in question, expression softening. “Most field encounters are not as,” he paused, searching for the word, “loud as this one.” One corner of his scarred mouth rose into a crooked grin, and he shook his head, sending the inkiness of his mane flopping over his neck. “I apologize.”

He did not like when his anger flared, did not like when the darkness within him became apparent in the edges. He much preferred to gloss over it. There was no need for others to see his sin so clearly. “My name is Magnus,” and then because it seemed appropriate, “from the Gates.” Despite the fact that it was his preferred name of the kingdom, he omitted Heaven from his introduction. He did not feel much like he was Heaven right now—not when he was busy glowering at Daey, body tense with anger.

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    That's the thing about Beqanna, they don't do things normally here. First come does not mean first serve. Even if Yael weren't a magician, she would be able to read the emotions that run across Daey's face with ease. His emotions turn from a bright blue and yellow to a deep red with tinged of black. But Yael isn't alarmed (she rarely is) her nightmares are far worse and far more real than an angry stallion. She was once a Queen - angry and frustrated men are nothing. She IS a magician - he is nothing.

Then the other comes and she sees the wolf in him, his lupine form dwarfed and flickering inside his birth form. While Daey's response was a tad bit rude, it was nothing to get her feathers ruffled about until he threatened her. And it is then that the smile disappears from her lips, only to be replaced moments later at Lupei's warning. Now let's get one thing very clear: Yael is not the violent sort. Unfortunately she is also not the sort to take kindly to threats, and Daey's growl (accompanied by his words) were enough to set the little gold woman on edge. Magnus's approach and calm warning only set solidly in her mind that a little demonstration is in order.

The wind picks up, and the skies darken. The seemingly innocent made grins wickedly, though her voice is the same sweet, accented tone. Her eyes turn black and pupilless as she faces the newcomer. "Lupei ees right. Eensult ze wrong mageecian and you may not xaf a tongue after... " She pauses and let's the wind die down and the sun return, her eyes fade back to their normal warm composure. Yael begins again, ever the mostly gentle teacher. "Our vays are deeferent xere. Eef t'ere ees a choice to make, ze mare ees allowed to make eet. Eet ees up to Dragonglass, not you. So put your anger avay. Eet also xas nozing to do vit respecteeng a myt'ic, but seemple manners."

Sure, he'd never said anything, but a little mind reading never hurt to further her point.