• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Forgeting the Past I Once Knew(Any)

the ghost of a girl that i want to be most
    the shell of a girl i used to know well

With Topsail growing bigger every day (and also growing Camelia’s overflowing heart with love), she has found she can leave her daughter behind in the Gates more frequently. Her parenting methods with Finner were very different from how Topsail’s are now, perhaps simply because he is her firstborn. Even so, despite the threat of the Chamber lingering over the kingdom like a thick cloud, Camelia knows the Gates will protect Topsail – and if the kingdom disappoints, Mast will always be there.

And so Camelia takes the time to travel to the field. The summer heat is warm on her golden back, sending comforting warmth into her bones and soaking into her skin. The walk is peaceful and calm, giving the ex-queen time to reflect on herself without Topsail’s curious voice infiltrating her mind every two seconds. Although she doesn’t mind her daughter’s voice sounding inside her head, Camelia finds the peaceful walk by herself to be uplifting and enjoyable.

The field is a chaotic bustle of politics and competition, as usual. Although Camelia was gone from Beqanna for a few years, the field has never changed. It – and the meadow, its sister – are steadfast, historical places of the land that she supposes will never disappear. And so the dunskin mare gracefully swims between the rough waters of debating and pining, seeking out those with the heart of a true Gates member.

Her gentle brown eyes stumble across the sight of a stallion lying in the mud immediately. Finnley and Kaelie instilled a deep sense of mercy and desire to assist into their daughter, and it has always proven to show through in the times it is needed. This time is no different. Camelia’s steps hurry to get closer before she is leaning down, her eyes anxiously scanning over the stallion’s body. She notes a few scratches and cuts along his face, ears, and neck but there are no other visible signs of injury.

Speaking softly, Camelia’s says, “Are you alright? Do you need help standing up?” Her immediate concerns are about his physical well-being – is he dying, did he need water, was he starving, did he break a bone, could he stand up – and never about what happened to get him there or what his name was or how he ended up on the ground. First, Camelia needs to make sure he isn’t dying.

camelia

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Forgeting the Past I Once Knew(Any) - by Camelia - 11-13-2015, 05:48 PM