• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM]

She is not far away when a call rings through the forest, though this voice is not one that sounds like Scorch... Naga had been out exploring the world for a while, not knowing that Scorch had passed on. She did not get to know Scorch well, but the hairless flame licked Queen had found her at the edge of the kingdom alone and hungry as a filly and took her in as a member of the sisterhood. That was enough to earn her a special spot in Naga's heart, that was the closest to a mother she ever had....and that is saying  A LOT... Poor mare will be devastated when she finds out Scorch is gone. She slinks along through the trees, she is in her feline form. She hops up into the tree branches, her favorite mode of travel, and hops swiftly toward where her fellow sisters are gathering....around Lagertha? The large black cat is confused, a little downhearted...she wondered what happened to Scorch?? But that does not matter right now, Lagertha seemed to have a urgency to her call. Once everyone was gathered around, their Queen spoke.

war? Naga thought to herself. No way...a war? She had never witnessed a war....neither had her mother or her mother's mother....But if something were to happen, she knew she would stick by her sisters and fight if necessary. Her choices are limited to two....side with the gates or side with the chamber. Now...this is Naga we are talking about. The moment Lagertha mentions that the Chamber is allied with the Valley, she lets out an audible snarl. She now realizes she has given herself away...our kitty is not much of a social gal. She hops down and shifts as soon as her paws hit the ground. She shakes out her mane and body, her big green eyes blazing. She hates the Valley...

She listens to the others give their opinions on who the kingdom should side with, some say gates, some go with the chamber, though one mare's opinion piques her interest. She agrees, and once the last mare speaks, she steps forward. Naga dips her head down respectfully to her queen and then turns her head to acknowledge her fellow sisters. She is a little nervous, it is hard enough for her to speak to just one person.. Her tail flicks bashfully without her realizing, her voice cracks a little in the beginning but soon begins to even out. Her little flame of confidence trying to ignite.

"Hello, some of you know me, some of you don't. I am Naga, I've been a....silent...sister here for two years now. I have come to love this jungle and would defend it and it's honor with my life because it saved mine. For me, I say I am very much in tune with option three. This is true, they both want us on their side, they both trust us. It is definitely a good opportunity for us diplomats to show our skill at mediating, and showing we are a strong yet level headed ally. This way, we could prevent a war all together, saving many souls from untimely death. Though, if we tried option three, we could go with it as long as we could, if it does not seem to smother the flames, then I say side with the Gates."

She states that last few words with vigor. She could not live with herself if she sided with the very kingdoms her sick, demented, whore mother calls home....she left them for a reason, to be safe. Her brother would be there too....she wondered how much their mother played with his fragile mind...her thoughts pushed aside she speaks again.

" I can't side with a kingdom that is joining with the Valley...I came here to escape that place. Plus I think they are too unpredictable and clever...what if they try to double cross us? Though, I also believe it would be wrong to side with them anyway. The Dale is a strong kingdom, and obviously we are more than a strong, skilled bunch if women. Just us both could hold out own against the chamber and the valley. Add the gates, and you have an entire, massive cavalry. It's true, if we side with the gates we are doing what is right. I couldn't imagine others thinking we are a bunch of barbarians. We can't be known for being a bully kingdom that prays on weaker kingdoms, right? I think we should consider trying the third choice first before taking a side."

She hopes she does not come across as pushy, her words were passionate though, her love for her home showed. Her green eyes blazed, she wondered if they would consider trying to peacefully end this friction between the kingdoms. If they lost fellow sisters in a war, that would be beyond devastating. Naga always chose to be the peace keeper, no matter the situation. This quality aggravated her mother beyond belief.

Stepping back a little more, she stays quiet and listens intently, her ears pricked forward. After this meeting was over she had to try to talk to Lagertha, she just needed to know what happened to Scorch.  

naga

the jungle panther of atrox and shadowmere

She had left herself out of the conversation, simply hanging on the fringes, leaning against one mare or another, maybe a male or two if they presented themselves. The insatiable flirt was always enjoying the company of others, simple harmless fun to her and the striped curves that would never be able to stop moving. They bicker, they argue, and she keeps her opinion to herself.

Though a chorkle escapes her lips when Lagertha speaks, and announces her loyalties, and like the stupid bickering hens they all are, they change their opinions, and side with the Gates. It seemed that the Amazonian legacy had been lost, seemed that the heritage that struck fear in others hearts was forgotten.

What had happened in the time that she had been away. Were not the mares of the Jungle the strongest group there was? Were they not ones that allied with all, were they not ones that admired the strong, and scorned the weak? It is the laws of nature, only the strong survive, and yet now at this moment, they were rallying around the weak. Who cares what is right or wrong? When infection had taken over the Tundra, where had the women been?

Then there is a 3rd opinion presented just as she was muling over a few ideas herself. Her smile quirks and she then decides to speak Aye, mediating is of course reasonable, but joining a side afterwards? Would that not make it appear that we are infact a bit biased? She pauses allowing the others to mule over that one for a bit. Then more discussion accures and she stands silent, a little ruffled, and possibly irritated at the sisters in their lack of back bone.

It wasn't that she didn't love her home, not that she didn't love her sisters, she just missed the old ways. Missed the habbits of their heritage, the strength and pride they held. The life of the Jungle and the endearing tattoos that the spirit kissed them with. When they held their heads high, when they became one with the land and one another, when they could move as one, and instinct prevailed. This group seemed to be a bit divided, if not completely disorientated. Are we afraid of the Chamber? She pauses muling over the thought.

It appears that we are stuck in a rock and a hard place. We can ally ourselves with the weak, or the right path as some call it. Or we can risk the treatury that is bound to come from the Chamber, knowing that we are supporting the strong, she pauses once more. Her thoughts rolling off her tongue in simple thoughts, not angry, not accusitory. Just a few thoughts that she hoped the sisters would consider in their descissions.

Should we not consider ourselves in all of this? What do the Gates have to offer in return for our assistance? And the Chamber, what would they bring us if we helped them? she shifts herself a little the broomstick of a tail thwacking againsts her hindquarters. Ears perk forward listening to anything the others have to say.

For me I still say mediation is the right path for us, in that case both sides would owe us. We are a strong group and should protect our own above others. That includes our allies, have we not considered them in this decission? What side is the Dale for? Or do they to think that mediating would be the best way? She would fight if she had too, no one could ever accuse her of being a coward. The whole business of war was just so boring, and picking sides, even more mundain. To her it was a simple decission, ally ourselves the Chamber, and as soon as they turn their back on us, well wipe them out. Obviously they are not as strong as they present themselves to be, otherwise they would not be requesting our assistance. The Chamber could use a good ass kicking. And honestly the Gates need to grow up and learn to take care of their own. I do not profess to know much about the situation. After all I was not there. Just that to me they both appear to be cowards, sniveling to siblings for help, because neither can help themselves. She pauses once more unsure if anyone else was of the same opinion. She wasn't angry, just muling over the weight of this decission, attempting to bring them to actually discuss the issues, and not just cackle out names on a whim. If anything I would say that they rightfully fear us, and should we ally ourselves with one or the other, where does that leave us and our allies after the war?

Teak

The world is not all black and white

She had not been silent for long when a strikingly striped zebra mare stepped forward. She points out that siding after mediating would show biased. Naga nodded her head, she had a point there. This would cause a bit of an issue when it came to trust. Also, the point that it is true about the Dale. What if they have chosen to side with one or the other? Would that mean they would potentially to disagree and have to fight against their ally? And truely, what WAS in it for the sisterhood? She mulled everything over, weighing all the possible outcomes and options. It was hard, the striped mare was right, we are indeed in between a rock and a hard place.

As the striped sister finishes, Naga steps forward once again.

”I agree, I did not think that through before, it would show bias and that would not be favorable for us. I do still think mediating would be a good position. Definitely would be good if we want to not risk anyone’s safety for the sake of someone else’s quarrel. In all seriousness, what is it that makes it this battle between them a problem enough for us to step in? What would we gain if we were to prevail? What will we lose by not stepping in? If it is true that they can hold their own without us.”

She turns her head to Lagertha, her eyes full of ambition and readiness.

”Lagertha, should we not send a diplomat or two to discuss options with our allies to see where they stand before we make our decision? If that is something you want to do I would definitely volunteer to go.”

With that she nods her head respectfully and steps back between her fellow sisters.

naga

the jungle panther of atrox and shadowmere

ooc: sorry I replied again lol I am just really feeling into her right now haha muse overload!

i was filled with poison,
    but blessed with beauty and rage

"Although I do enjoy a nice blood bath from time to time," she says curling her lips into a smile as she appears, literally, out of thin air, "I do agree with Sunday - if we can have peace, let us keep it until we are stronger but if we are risking our own borders to keep peace, let us at least align with someone who could use our help." She looks around to the group there are a few new faces that probably wouldn't know her. Prague had done some discovering on her own.

The chamber had a child of hers, a child she thought had been stillborn...but this said child is no such thing. Her child has a mind waiting to be exposed of ill intentions laced with a sharp tongue. The Chamber has several magical candidates, some of a degree worth mentioning, others just show tricks. The Gates? They were hurting for numbers and quite lacking in rabbits in hats. "I vote the Gates, I will fight if necessary but I imagine I can be of use in other areas of battle."

She thinks momentarily, putting up a mind-block incase anyone was listening - she could create natural disasters, storms, large animals, etc. the possibilities are endless really...

p r a g u e
    immortal,magical mare of the amazons

[style].sundaypic2{background-image:url("http://barbellsandbeakers.com/beqanna/witchflygif.gif");width:500px;height:500px;z-index:1;border:black solid 1px}.sundaytext2{z-index:2;width:400px;height:370px;position:relative;top:20px;overflow-y:auto;color:#ffffff;text-align:justify;font-family:times;background-color:#000000;opacity: 0.4;filter: alpha(opacity=40);padding:10px;}.sundayname2{z-index:3;position:relative;top:30px;color:#ffffff;font-size:25pt;font-family:times;letter-spacing:10px;}.sundayquote{z-index:7;position:relative:bottom:80px;color:#000000;font-family:times;font-size:8pt;}[/style]
    She is disheartened at first by the calls of the sisters for war - war war war! Sunday doesn't have an ounce of ill will in her body, she shed that the moment she stepped into the jungle and became baptized by the light. It was such a strange thing to have happen, given that her interactions were laced with the wariorress strength the kingdom was well known for. Every queen she served under was every bit a warrior - with shield built out of their very marrow, hidden talents that were just as poisonous as they were beautiful.

Sunday, however, never even had an ill thought toward another creature.

"If we decide diplomacy," she allows, glad for other voices to join her own. "I would love to facilitate the discussion. And any other empath or mind reader - I think this would be a discussion that would take great care. If we are not careful we could unite two kingdoms...against us."

The thought had crossed her mind.

"I hope they wouldn't dare," she adds with her usual calm humor.

SUNDAY

never put your faith in a prince. when you require a miracle, trust in a witch

I am iron and I forge myself

The Khaleesi knew that by speaking her own preference, she would influence a few to choose the Gates as well, though she managed to keep the satisfaction in check when the next two or three to speak also counselled joining the Gates. No one else urges them to join the Chamber, for their own safety, and instead the discussion turns to mediation. Lagertha knows this is futile. Straia will not apologize, even if the Gates were willing to meet them in a neutral place to discuss reparations. It isn’t in their nature to be sorry for what they have done. The Chamberlings wanted chaos, they wanted war, and Straia was willing to bring it to them. But those words were words she could not reveal to her Sisters. That conversation had never happened.

Lagertha listens quietly, paying attention to their words and nodding when appropriate. They have good points, of course - her women are smart and calculating. But she also heaves an unconscious sigh of relief when Prague appears in the middle of the conversation. Thank the old gods. Her presence was a boon and gave others a solid reason to leave them alone - as if the wrath of the Sisterhood was not enough. As for the Gates coming against them… she imagines that Magnus would never let that happen. Not when she has opened her land to him (nevermind that the presence of a girlfriend irked her to no end - his permission would need to be clarified). The Chamber, on the other hand, would probably love the challenge. If and when it all came to a head, she would make sure that it is well away from their beloved home.

Silence falls and no one else steps forward; Lagertha is acutely aware of Lyris and Tantalize’s absences, and while she wishes they were there, there is nothing they can do about it. Onward and upward. Adrenaline begins to rush with the verdict that she already knows well before she announces the tally. “We will, of course, send someone to the Dale to advise them of our plans. Right now the vote stands at two for the Chamber, five for the Gates, three for mediation, and one abstention. Unless anyone else has something to add, we will aid the Gates. Details will be hammered out later, and as I mentioned before, no one will be forced to fight. In fact, we will need some to stay behind and protect the Jungle and children.” Her gaze flies briefly to Rhy, and then to Sunday and Teak. “Joscelin, take Naga with you to the Dale and let them know what we plan on doing. Keep an eye out for Ravens, they are the Chamber’s spies. I will go to the Chamber, and then to the Gates. Prague, if you would come with me to the Chamber, and Rhy, if would meet me at the Gates’ borders, I think that would be ideal.” Not that she couldn’t protect herself; touch her skin, threaten her enough to sprout the pods that spit the seeds that would now be covered in frog poison and illness is certain, death a very real possibility.

Prague’s presence is blatant show of force, and keeps them from plucking anything from her mind. Rhy is her even keel, and even if she didn’t want to fight, Rhy would need to know the plan, just in case something were to go wrong.

“Any questions?”  

Lagertha

warrior queen of the amazons

[let me know if i missed anything - i counted Prague as a vote for both mediation and the gates. things should get interesting from here on out!]

I am iron and I forge myself

The Khaleesi knew that by speaking her own preference, she would influence a few to choose the Gates as well, though she managed to keep the satisfaction in check when the next two or three to speak also counselled joining the Gates. No one else urges them to join the Chamber, for their own safety, and instead the discussion turns to mediation. Lagertha knows this is futile. Straia will not apologize, even if the Gates were willing to meet them in a neutral place to discuss reparations. It isn’t in their nature to be sorry for what they have done. The Chamberlings wanted chaos, they wanted war, and Straia was willing to bring it to them. But those words were words she could not reveal to her Sisters. That conversation had never happened.

Lagertha listens quietly, paying attention to their words and nodding when appropriate. They have good points, of course - her women are smart and calculating. But she also heaves an unconscious sigh of relief when Prague appears in the middle of the conversation. Thank the old gods. Her presence was a boon and gave others a solid reason to leave them alone - as if the wrath of the Sisterhood was not enough. As for the Gates coming against them… she imagines that Magnus would never let that happen. Not when she has opened her land to him (nevermind that the presence of a girlfriend irked her to no end - his permission would need to be clarified). The Chamber, on the other hand, would probably love the challenge. If and when it all came to a head, she would make sure that it is well away from their beloved home.

Silence falls and no one else steps forward; Lagertha is acutely aware of Lyris and Tantalize’s absences, and while she wishes they were there, there is nothing they can do about it. Onward and upward. Adrenaline begins to rush with the verdict that she already knows well before she announces the tally. “We will, of course, send someone to the Dale to advise them of our plans. Right now the vote stands at two for the Chamber, five for the Gates, three for mediation, and one abstention. Unless anyone else has something to add, we will aid the Gates. Details will be hammered out later, and as I mentioned before, no one will be forced to fight. In fact, we will need some to stay behind and protect the Jungle and children.” Her gaze flies briefly to Rhy, and then to Sunday and Teak. “Joscelin, take Naga with you to the Dale and let them know what we plan on doing. Keep an eye out for Ravens, they are the Chamber’s spies. I will go to the Chamber, and then to the Gates. Prague, if you would come with me to the Chamber, and Rhy, if would meet me at the Gates’ borders, I think that would be ideal.” Not that she couldn’t protect herself; touch her skin, threaten her enough to sprout the pods that spit the seeds that would now be covered in frog poison and illness is certain, death a very real possibility.

Prague’s presence is blatant show of force, and keeps them from plucking anything from her mind. Rhy is her even keel, and even if she didn’t want to fight, Rhy would need to know the plan, just in case something were to go wrong.

“Any questions?”  

Lagertha

warrior queen of the amazons

[let me know if i missed anything - i counted Prague as a vote for both mediation and the gates. things should get interesting from here on out!]
    She is horribly, horribly late.

She wishes she had a good excuse. But she doesn’t. And unfortunately, the truth is rather embarrassing.

She had been, well, experimenting. Yes. Experimenting.

She had decided, in her infinite wisdom, that she wanted to discover exactly how much lightning she could call down at once.

She had gone to the far southern reaches of the Jungle, far, far away from where any of the sisters live and had, well, let loose. And had promptly set most of the southern Jungle on fire.

The subsequent rain storm that she’d had to call down to get rid of the fire had been fierce … and had promptly caused a flood. And the wind she’d called in to blow away the water had of course, caused further problems. The clean up had, frankly, taken a long time.

Not that she’s going to admit any of this to Lagertha.

But she’s here now, even if she’s clearly missed the most important part of the meeting. She arrives just in time to hear Lagertha order her fellow sisters to visit the Dale to inform them of their plans. Yeah she’s DEFINITELY missed something big.

Her ears perk when Lagertha mentions helping the Gates. Interesting. How very interesting. She can’t say she had expected that. But at least this will put them at odds with the Chamber. She has been hankering after a fight lately after all. She wouldn’t mind putting her lightning to some actual good use, rather than … experiments.

She sidles up to Lagertha, having enough good sense to look more than a little embarrassed for herself. “I’ve clearly missed a lot. I apologize for my lateness.” She doesn’t bother explaining herself. Lagertha knows her failings well enough. And the Khaleesi really doesn’t need to know that she nearly burned down a quarter of the Jungle. “Care to catch me up?”
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com