• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ordinary [magnus/any]

The mare was good on her word to visit the kingdoms. The Gates was the first that she reached on her solo tour. The ebony woman notes the serene landscape. The air is scented lightly with honeysuckle and grass as the warm summer temperatures have embarrassed the Gates much like most of Beqanna.

Sharp nails pull the glossy black towards what could be described as the heart. A huge tree stands proud and strong at it's center and Dragonglass seems drawn to this ancient being. Nostrils flare to scent for other equines that might be near. The young woman decides it probably best to give a soft call to announce her presence in the land. It's always best to be safe than sorry.

dragonglass
    covet x irk

(sorry for crappy intro posts XD...it's so short!)

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

He had hoped that she would come. He had watched her leave with that stallion, still uneasy with how he had reacted so violently to Yael, and hoped that she would find her way to the Gates—hoped that he would be able to check on her and ensure that she was all right. So when he sees her on the border, hears her soft call ring out over the land, he is relieved. Every cell in his body practically sighs from it, and his gold-flecked eyes flicker with his pleasure as he makes his way over to her, wings tucked in at his sides.

“Hello there, Dragonglass,” he greets as he comes to a stop, dropping his golden head into a more formal nod. “I’m so glad that you could make it.” Taking a step back, he gestures toward the kingdom unfolding around them—the sun washing over it, turning the green hills golden in its light. It was a stunning place to live; despite the fact that he knew he did not truly belong here, he had grown to love it. Had grown to love everything that it stood for and everything it meant for Beqanna. It was a haven. It meant rest.

Bringing his attention back from the soft, rolling hills, he smiles at her, “This is Heaven.” It was his favorite name for the kingdom—the most fitting one, in his opinion. He knew that more people knew the land as the Gates, and he was not against calling it that, it always felt better to call it what it was: Heaven. It was the land where no judgement was passed. Where anyone could claim sanctuary. Where they could find something to eat, pleasant company, a kind ruler under Mast, and someone to watch over them.

He could only hope that Dragonglass would feel the same way about it as he.

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

As soon as those dark eyes laid upon the winged male, a visible relief washes of the young woman's features. She can't help but smile broadly as she approaches him. Clearly she was happy to make it to the Gates as well as see a familiar face. Limbs lift higher to bring the mare in with an excited anticipation to see Magnus. What was it about him that made her heart race? She had only exchanged a few words with him ever. Dragonglass even agreed to go with another stallion for a herd life...but she can not contain her excitement. "Oh Magnus." She reaches him with soft, breathy vocals. (Partly from her long trek and partly from her giddiness.) Oh Dragonglass... The mare tosses the inky threads as she attempts to reign in her stupid filly-ish crush daydreams. How embarassing... The mare shyly laughs to herself as she reaches Magnus.

She was acting like an absolute idiot and attempted to maintain some sort of normalcy. Magnus was indeed very handsome. His wings were quite the sight for a mare like Dragonglass. Long lashes fall over her eyes as she collects her thoughts and packs them away before lifting the dark pools to meet the gaze of the buckskin stallion. "I'm so happy to finally have made it." Lobes finally tune into his words and process them. The shiny black ballerina moves to gaze upon the beautiful surroundings. A breath catches in her throat as she is swallowed by the magnitude of her surroundings. Her gaze finally meets Magnus', a soft smile on her lips and her eyes glossy with the overwhelming beauty that surrounds them. "It's beautiful..." The only words she is able to form at this very moment.

dragonglass
    covet x irk

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

Watching other souls experience Heaven for the very first time is perhaps one of his favorite things. He enjoys watching their faces light up, watching their eyes travel the gentle slopes of the kingdom, watching as they bask in the golden light. He feels the small flare of pleasure as he watches her do just that, and his crooked smile is wide and genuine, his black-tipped ears perked forward. “It is indeed beautiful.”

Although, in his mind, that word was too weak for what the kingdom actually was.

Taking a step backward, he gestured toward the land with a gilded wing. “Shall we?” He moved toward the side, waiting for her to catch up to him, before he began to lead her around it. He did not hurry their pace and instead took his time, letting her take it all in, pausing whenever she wanted. “I'm glad that you are able to see it during the fall," he finally mentions as they make their way throughout the kingdom.

“I think it’s one of the most beautiful times for the Gates.” It was when the trees took on the colors of amber—the leaves turning into flames of orange and brown and red. You could almost see the dying light of summer in the shades of the large trees. He loved the violence of summer’s final end; he loved the way that she crawled for every last inch in her final days. It made the biting cold of winter that much more enjoyable. “Is there anything in particular that you would like to see or know?”

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]