• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a wasted dream - [Felinae, any]

He’d been watching them from afar, this entire time. Not once had he abandoned them (though often it felt that way.) It tore at him, the feeling that he could be so close but he couldn’t do anything about it. The first week without her Zeik had remained solely in his predatory form, tearing through the woods and clawing at small animals in flushed anger. How he could have deserted her, he’ll never know. He didn’t even show face, couldn’t stand against the white terror that had torn his life to pieces. Zeik knows now that it was foolish to open his heart up, to try and experience life. Makai’s outburst suddenly made so much sense.

But it wasn’t enough to keep him away for long. He’d come back in the shadows at first, under the cloak of night. He’d watched Felinae grow rounder until his daughter had been brought to life, watched as she and the pale flecked mare grew a connection, even watched as the horned stallion had caused so much unrest. He was biding his time, waiting for the opportune moment to retrieve what rightfully belonged with him. Little did he know that there was someone else waiting in the rafters for the same moment.

The night Magnus had stolen them away Zeik had watched with his throat in his mouth. His blue-grey falcon body was tense the entire time as he watched Felinae slip from the mountainside with Minette and escape to the safety of the Gates. There was nothing to be done - Felinae had made her choice and she’d made the right one, she had Besra to think of now. But the ache that burrowed somewhere deep within his marrow began to seep out into his thoughts, and some nights Zeik awoke with a burning sensation to be near her again.

So he’d abandoned his perch on the outskirts of the meadow and shifted into his raptor form, wings pumping soundlessly into the morning light as he flew across Beqanna. He’d never felt such urgency before, and the fire that ignited his journey sent him spiraling into a mad haste that soon had him panting from the exertion. But Felinae could not wait, Besra could not wait. As the sun breaches the horizon Zeik crosses the border without so much as a blink. No one will think twice about an ordinary falcon and his concern was pointed for Felinae alone, the Gates be damned.

He screeches, the call intended for her and her alone. He knows that she will understand, that she will seek him out. He’d gone too long without her.

Z E I K

-everything we are and used to be is buried and gone-

felinae
    I'm so excited, delighted. I won't deny it or fight it.

This last year had been the harder and longer than all the other years she has experienced in life. Torn between love and longing at once side and disappointment and anger at the other. But there was fear too. Felinae couldn’t say that she wasn’t afraid of the red eyed winged male, he scared her to death and Besra’s birth didn’t make it any easier. The girl was like a light in dark times and together with Minette Besra had been the thing that had kept her going, she loved her daughter dearly. Yet there still was something missing, something that Gryffen had stolen from her.

The cobalt blue roan mare has been searching for him, ever since she had been set free. She really thankful of what Magnus had done for them and she was thankful that she could leave Besra safely in Min’s care, but there was one she longed for. And now he had come for her, finally.

Her stomach flutters and her heartbeat rises in anticipation, the mere thought of the blue roan male was enough to cause such feelings. The excitement is readable in her eyes as she presses her nose gently against Minette’s shoulder, a silent plea for her friend to look over both the girls. Felinae knew that they were safe here, but she wouldn’t forgive herself if something happened to her dear little girl.

She changes her form, chirping happily before stretching her wings in favour of changing the ground for the sky. It has been too long ago that she had flow among him and she has missed it. So, so badly. After circling around Minette, Besra and Amorette a few times the bluebird sets off, her wings carrying her in his direction.

Felinae answers his call, although her own screech doesn’t reach as far as his. It doesn’t take long before she finds him, chirping to express how content she is. The bluebird feels small and vulnerable next to the much bigger falcon, but she knows that the predatory bird isn’t a threat to her, instead she feels safe and complete now he’s back in her life.

She had barely reached the ground when she changes her form again, standing on all four legs as she looks at him in expectation. Felinae’s gaze is full of excitement and love, longing so badly for her falcon and hoping he would soon join her on the ground. ”Zeik.”

[Image: felinae_zpsxzrcory8.gif]

He almost can’t believe it’s her. The small bluebird that flits through the sky and comes to hover near him is like something from a dream. She shifts, her mouth saying his name in a way that nearly causes his heart to leap from his chest, and Zeik hovers a few more times before rolling gently and shifting back to his original body. The form seems strange, its been so long since he’s been Zeik. But Felinae is there, finally there, breathing, whole, beautiful. He’s silent. He can’t move, can’t force himself to wrap her in his embrace because he’s frozen from the shock of it all.

A year. They had been without each other for a year. His dark head rises, auburn eyes flashing with a feverish excitement as he takes a hesitant step forward. “Felinae?” He breaths, almost like she isn’t real. His head drops, ears falling back before he retracts his step and squares, feeling the all-too-familiar weight of shame grow heavy on his shoulders. “Can you ever forgive me?” He whispers, teeth grinding together with the pain that sentence causes him.

There is so much more that he wants to say, so much more that he want to know. Where was Besra? Could he see her? Did she know about him? But they fall behind the one that lingers in the air between them now. For the first time in a long time, he feels helpless.

Z E I K

felinae

Every second that she has to wait longer she gets more and more restless, somewhat irritated even. Felinae was eager to see him and wanted nothing else than to be close against Zeik, to be embraced by the stallion she had given her heart to. And with him declining her that, her enthusiasm, excitement and true happiness slowly started to be replaced by impatience. Then he shifts.

”Zeik” she call out towards him again, a girlish grin spreading on her lips as she takes a few steps forward. Her body is tense and trembling, neck curved to reach out towards him. There weren’t words that could tell how much she wanted to be close to him again, how much she had missed him and neither did she know how to tell him how happy she was to see him again.

But then he moves backwards. The cobalt blue girl freezes, eyes widening slightly as her heart shatters. Tears starts to show in her eyes, not yet rolling down her cheeks, but clearly noticeable. With the sudden pain comes anger and with a snarl she bares her teeth at him. And then she does what he could not. Felinae moves to stand beside him in just a few seconds, pressing her body against his after her teeth come down at his neck once. ”There is nothing to forgive.” The anger is still present in her voice, but mixed with the tears and excitement it is easily pushed to the background.

Felinae closes her eyes, taking a deep breath to savour his scent, while a few tears roll down her cheeks. Gently her muzzle touches his neck and soon her whole head rests against him. The bluish mare doesn’t know what to do and neither does she know how to voice out how she feels. Her body is still trembling a little, as Felinae isn’t able to release the tension that comes from the excitement to see him again. ”I’ve missed you.. I missed you so much” she mumbles against his skin, before stepping forward to press herself closer against him. ”But please.. Please don’t leave me ever again..”

OOC: Okay.. I clearly struggled with this post. Had a hard time finding the right words to translate my Dutch words to proper English without leaving anything out.. Well, that obviously didn't work XD.

Felinae has changed, so much so that Zeik’s eyes widen with her confident step forward. The mountain had shaped her, made her into stone, and then spit her back out with steel in her heart. Her teeth scrape against his skin and the sensation snaps him back into his hardened resolve. All this time and he’d never really known how much he had needed her in return. It was odd, to see himself so low and have her - his little bird - bring him right back to his senses. They really were meant for each other. Her fiery words elicit the dryest of chuckles and the roan stallion leans against her, into her. “You are certainly something of a wonder to me.” He whispers.

He can feel the way she tries to hold herself together, the faint trembling of her body as she inhales his scent. The worry, the pain, the shame; they all seem to fade the longer they spend together just reconnecting. He’d been an idiot not to fight for her, he knew that now. He knew that the moment the red-eyed asshole had held him under his thumb with a threat. Zeik was no power against magic, but he should’ve fought. Felinae was worth that. As she breaths against him, light, fluttery gasps, he swears to himself that he will never let her go again. Ever.

“I’ve missed you too.” He murmurs, trying his best to sooth her. His nose draws gentle circles along her spine, only stopping for a moment so that he can close his eyes and drink this moment in. “It’s alright now though, I’m not leaving you and I never will.” He promises, letting the words drift over her in a blanket of sound. His voice is rumbling now, he can hardly contain the joy that she gives to him. But still, there’s another bright star that looms over them both and Zeik can no longer contain himself.

“Our daughter, Besra.” He questions; yes, Zeik knew her name. He’d been hiding in the lofty trees of the mountain the day Felinae had given birth. It was a risk, but it had been one worth taking. Feli will never know how much that moment had hurt him and given him new life. “Is she here? Does she know I exist?” He questions softly, trying (and failing) to keep the strain out of his voice.

Z E I K

felinae

He was right, she has changed. But could you blame her for that? She had been torn away from her home, away from her lover and thrown in the claws of a predator. Yes, she was still afraid of the red eyed male, afraid of what he could do to her or Besra or other members of her family – because that was how she thought of Minette and her daughter. Felinae had learned during her stay in the mourning mountains. She had learned about the bad things in the world, things she hadn’t come across before Gryffen had come along.

The tension, irritation and frustration flows away as time passes and slowly she relaxes more and more at Zeik’s side. The cobalt blue roan mare doesn’t even think of moving away, instead she would press closer against him if that had been possible. The grooming comforts her, but it is only after a short while that Felinae lifts her muzzle to return the favour. Just like before her stomach is fluttering and before she knows it she is back to the same girly, giggling state. His words sooth her, like a comforting blanket that is huddled tightly around her. ”I’ll keep you to that promise” she replies softly, voice much lighter and warmer.

She pulls back, to face him again, yet she isn’t able to meet his gaze. Felinae casts her eyes down flustered, before shyly reaching out towards him. Careful her muzzle touches his cheek, slowly trailing downwards to his nose. With a girlish grin she shivers, high on this strange, fluttering feeling again.

She cannot stop the wide smile from pulling up the corners of her lips. Yes, they had a daughter and it honestly comforts and enjoys her to hear that he knows about the blue haired filly. ”Oh Zeik, she’s fantastic. So sweet, beautiful too” she instantly replies, pressing her nose against his again. Felinae doesn’t lie. Their daughter is gorgeous, a perfect combination of the two of them and even though Besra had been confronted with a horrible sight at the day of her birth, she has thus far grown into a sweet young girl.

To answer his question she nods, smiling softly. ”She’s here” she replies before pausing shortly. ”I left her in Minette’s care, she is safe with Min.” While looking at him she tilts her head a little to the side, suddenly a little hesitant and enthusiastic too at the same time. ”You want to meet her, now?” she answers, instead of answering his question. Of course she did tell Besra about her father, but she honestly didn’t know how the girl thought of it right now. Amorette and Besra grew up like sisters, acted that way too, and now Amorette has found a father in Magnus she wasn’t entirely sure who Besra thought of as her father.