• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am your clean slate, your empty journal, please write me. ( any )

I am nothing.

I don’t say that lightly—not in the way that shows I crave attention or pity. I don’t like pity, and I don’t do well with eyes judging my actions. I don’t say it in a way that means I do nothing, because while I am generally useless in the grand scheme of life, I do walk and I can talk and I tend to multitask at both fairly well. I am pointing out my never ending blankness. My little—no, even—impact on history itself. The fact that if I was to vanish, disappear like eyelash glue on your lid—transparent—no one would remember me. I wouldn’t be someone’s mother, sister, child, friend, lover. I wouldn’t be some noble diplomat. I would simply not be.

Like a snowflake melting on the warm flesh of a mammal.

And I contemplate this feeling a lot, truly I do. I, currently, relate everything to this. I internally curse myself for being so incredibly boring. I critique myself on lacking adventure and initiative. I blame myself for mediocrity and lack of depth. Even the leaves, slowing dying with the fall season, have more to show than I do. They have seen more, heard more, experienced total life. Enough so that God has decided it time to shed them from her dying roots and grow new life to take the meaning of life further.

Here I am, envious of crippling red and orange leaves.

The meadow is how it always is, eternal. It is blessed with emerald blades hardly showing thirst despite the recent lack of water. With fall always came a dry spell, and here it is feeling oddly suffocating. Leaves (I must comment on them despite my inner bickering) have grown to become multicoloured art inspirers. If I as human, I would understand why artists view them as motivation, why paint so elegantly rebirths their beauty upon a blank canvas. They are what I look forward to every year, even years like now when I am miserable with my lack of impact because their colours make me happy. The forest is a plethora of bright, vibrant pops of warm tones that accent my ebony coat. Before the chilling whiteness of snow exposes all angles of survival, and after the summer has spoiled me of all sun and hot weather.

The sun is beginning to rise. I am famous for making it to the meadow at the crack of dawn. I emerge from the hot savannah of my kingdom and feel the temperature alter and disintegrate to more a more bearable climate. It is a time where frost just begins to decorate the scene like icing sugar on black forest cake. The entire season, the time of day (though I am forever plateau…ing?) warming me like hot chocolate for a child would on a snow day.

I stop where I always do, at the tree line. Hazel eyes, watching few… hardly any…equines meander with the sunrise. It’s peaceful. The soft coo of distant birds, the sound of dead tree limbs cracking and popping—serene. And I will stand here—an awkward school girl inhaling my guilty addiction of familiarity—awaiting company that may not want to meet a blank slate.

Exemplary

I will be yours, and only yours, until the day I fade to black

what scares you?..everything

He appears to look around curiously, but all that really was happening was him sniffing around curiously. He had done just as Straia had suggested and spent the year hiding in the shadows learning as much as he could. Listening to others and occationally coming out to aproach one or two of the knewly developed concept of horses all results were the same. They ran from the sickly sweet putridicity of his, more than, undesirable habbit.

Even as he ate the grass to appease the woman that had showed him kindness, he would still every so often sneak away from the Chamber to satisfy his craving of snakes. Not that anyone cared much to pay attention to him anyways. He had chosen his name, he had learned of the world, and yet he still felt slightly lost. He knew he was missing something, as for exactly what he wasn't sure. He found if he stayed in the colder spots where the glare of red did not bother his milky eyes the others appeared to notice him less. The snakes also appeared to be in these places as well.

In fact there was one now. It takes him only a second to locate the scratchy sounds of scales snagging on pine needles. With a snap and a leer the thing slithers down his throat, no longer did the blood dribble down his face, though when he curled his lips afterwards you could see the stain of red along his incisors.

The snap of a twig, and a new scent, like that of Straia slaughtered his whiskery nostrils. This would be the female scent something that he found a novelty and somewhat pleasing, though why he could never guess. He was almost 2 years though not quite and his body was almost fully developed though you could see the gangly legs had not fully been matched with the ribby torso that was attatched to it. He was scrawny, and probably the ugliest, smelliest thing you could see. Though he wouldn't know since that was not a concept he understood. hello there His glassy voice cracks and scratches cutting through his throat only to shatter in the merry silence that had been his to claim.

Thanh

idk things reasons

Photo by anapt