• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Excuse me while I touch the sky [Gallows,any]

SO RICH, SO PRETTY

He's seething when he lands, though he kisses the ground divinely as he touches it. It's a beautiful thing his landing, no one that knows him would expect less. Kirin is a proud man-child, vain even, but he is glorious. They all are, The Children, and rightly so. It would be a heady task to dissuade any of them otherwise.

Kirin folds his wings against his lavender skin, snorting with irritation at the wall of fire before him. If he wasn't so pissed off he might admire the beauty of it, or rather the beautiful spectacle it made against his coat. Not today, today he glared angrily as the rainbows played up the fire in his silvery eyes. The Gates had wronged him again, this time it was personal. Let Tioga live her lie there, let her renounce their blood ties, but to hell with her if she thought to take what was his.

He hates to wait, so he wastes no time in making his presence known, rearing and yelling into the nebula colored blaze. He didn't know who he would find at the helm of the Kingdom and he didn't care either, so long as someone showed.

Soaring sadist of Silver Cove

My, my, he is a conceited young puss, isn't he?
    The force of his rage is adorable in one so young, but I won't underestimate it. I've heard quite a bit about the sordid family of the Cove and if they ever stop fucking one another and singlehandedly diminishing the seal population, they might be a force to be reckoned with.
    This one, however, he's the brains. He won't be dirtying his hands with anyone's blood.

No, I think sourly. He wants me to dirty mine over a girl.

I heard the winged lavender child coming, but it is amusing to make him wait. (Although I am growing to detest the wall of fire, even this monstrosity has its perks. An effective magician could render it null, however, and I'd rather put Eight's talents elsewhere.) Kirin's thoughts build and swirl until you'd hardly have to be a mind reader to know that he is pissed.

Well, he's just going to love me, then.

I canter through the flame wall, wings spread and golden eyes dancing. I am an unassuming mare, not much to look at and certainly not within the narrow confines of attractive for this young stallion. My coat is dirty reddish brown and my form is average, albeit muscular. The most impressive thing about me are my wings. They are rust red with black bars and hints of white to them. Even better than how they look, of course, is how they work, and they could be skeletal for all I care as long as they could launch me into the sky.

"Let's get to the point quickly, shall we? You're Kirin. I'm Gallows, and yes, I'm one of the rulers here. Fennick is king, but I wouldn't ask to talk to him about your little problem. He's entirely too polite." I toss my head towards the wall. "You're safe to walk through unless you're hiding an army under those purple wings of yours."

Without a backward glance I walk back through the wall. I know he will follow. One benefit of the thing is that no one on the outside can hear us talking. And based on Kirin's seething, this could be a catalyst I don't feel like sharing with spies.

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

HE'S SO TALL, HANDSOME AS HELL
    HE'S SO BAD, BUT HE DOES IT SO WELL

What he receives, is not what he expects. Maybe he expects too much, perhaps he is entitled to feel that way. His temper ebbs, curling back inwards, somewhere to be tucked away or left coiled to spring. She's nothing of what he expects a ruler to be, to look like. Plain, utterly plain, just as Kult- all save for her wings. Those, if nothing else, he could appreciate about her appearance. Call him biased.

Nothing hides the scrutiny in his eyes as he looks her over. Tracing the lines of her soiled edges, staying to linger only on her feathers.

She speaks his name, making a quick speech about who he was and who she is. His eyes harden, unsure how she had known him, known his name. She invites him in though, that much he can be sure, jesting at what lies beneath his wings. He gives her a mocked smile, closed mouthed and pulling tightly at the corners of his cheeks. “Very well then,” he relents, following her through the flames. He wasn’t sure what it would feel like, walking through fire, and he is disappointed to feel nothing.

“Where do you stand with the Gates?” No sooner than he had cleared the wall of fire does he begin with the questions he had for her. “They have something of mine and I’d like it back. They’ve grown too bold as of late.” A flick of his tail, his thoughts pooling with images of his half sister, and then of a roaned mare surrounded with snow.

It would be impossible for anyone else to think higher of this boy than he already does of himself. But it would be interesting to see how far his delusion goes. I grin to myself, following the derailed train of his thoughts. The Silver Cove children are rather unique. If by unique you mean an incestuous slightly creepy orgy.

But hey, to each their own. I could never look at my brother as anything other than a slightly annoying distant sibling. I can't say that fucking him ever sprung to mind. Of course, given my track record with sex, it's not surprising that that's rarely my first through twentieth thought.

I grin, a wicked thing, devoid of charm and full of amusement. I am no beauty, but what am I is far more valuable.

(Hey, he doesn't have the monopoly on self-aggrandizement)

He is blunt, a mercy, and I reward him with my usual straightforwardness.

We are not allies, and I don't see us becoming allies by any stretch of the imagination.

The Gates. Ick. Besides being weak, they think of themselves as a protector of the weak and act as if that gives them specialness. As if they should be above and protected simply because the spineless find a home there. Not to mention, very few Gates members think highly of the Valley, and I find it hard to get behind a kingdom that hates my home. I'm funny that way.

They have grown, period, and that's a problem. But what do you want from me, as Queen?

Like I don't know. But hey, I'm not above games. In fact I love them.

If you think I will storm in there and demand the return of your toys, you are exaggerating both your own and their importance. If you want my blessing to do so yourself, well, that you can have. But perhaps... you have another idea?

After all, even pretentious purple ponies can surprise me.

G A L L O W S

He stares coolly at the dirty, brown Queen. Watching her smile at him with an entertained air, simply glaring back at her with his silver-hazel eyes. He can appreciate her quick and curt responses and for the most part, her answers are the ones he wants.

No.

No, they are not allies, they would not soon be allies either. Excellent, absolutely excellent.
    The young, lavender male almost purrs with satisfaction. He liked getting his way, he found his requests very reasonable. As far as Queen's went, this one wasn't so bad he supposed.

"Grow they do." He agrees, musing over his options. "You go?" He laughs then, turning the humor around. Had she thought him so daft? Besides, she was..ancient. "Don't be absurd. My siblings will go, and I suppose while they are there they can assist the Gates with population control." He turns then, flashing a sincere smile this time because the thought was so utterly satisfying.

For the first time since entering the wall of flames, Kirin takes a moment to really look at his surroundings. The Valley, so this is it. He'd never been inside the Kingdom, and he hadn't flown over it for some time now. Ever since they put up that damnable wall. "So, are you the one who erected this monstrosity?" He asks, watching the firelight dance across the grass and trees. He'd fully unappreciated this sentiment, it made for a terrible inconvenience- having to fly around the Valley instead of right overhead.

Ancient.
    I get that comment much too often, and I am starting to think I need to beat the shit out of some idiots to squash that particular rumor. Okay, yes, I'm old. I've been around since most of these horses's great great great great grandparents were born. But I'm not to the creaking and groaning stage yet. And thankfully, with immortality, I never will be.

Ancient, indeed.

I have half a mind to bite this little upstart but I restrain myself. After all, he's doing exactly what I want him to do.

"Perfect. Give them hell, with my blessing. We have a war about to start and we wouldn't want them to feel like they haven't been provoked."

Horses like the ones in the Gates always need a reason to exercise their power and blood-lust. And I am obliging enough to do so. Always a giver, that's me.

Kirin brings up the wall and I immediately pull a face. No, of course it wasn't MY idea. It was the drunken ravings of a trio of stallions who are wonderful Valley members but who also give me the urge to knock their heads together. Thankfully, Fennick and most of the current residents weren't hard to nudge around to my way of thinking.

"Absolutely not. It blocks the view, and it will be coming down shortly." I give Kirin an amused look. "Will the Covelings be of any use when the war arrives, or shall I assume you are going to be off preening?"

G A L L O W S

It's no secret, Kirin's stuck up nature. He's never tried to hide it. Why should he? Everyone was always milling about so concerned for everyone else's feelings, trying to play nice, be accommodating. Kirin accommodated himself, his family, to hell with the others.

His eyes wander as he listens to what this Queen has to say. She relents though, she says go ahead, he gets his way. Oh how he does like his way, such the spoiled little tot. She could not have given him a better answer, she could not have pleased him more. Perhaps she was ugly, old, dirty but she wasn't entirely horrible. No, perhaps he could suffer in silence at her appearance because she was a gracious Queen. He likes this one.

At his other questions she turns to look at him a bit miffed. No, not her, how could he even think she would have anything to do with it. "It does doesn't it? Bit of an eyesore if truth be told, though I'm sure it's handy." Kirin's silvery eyes look at the flames with a curious regard, someone had put it up, somewhere here surely. He liked nice things, always had, he was much like his Father in that regard. Perhaps even more so than his Father, more like his Grandmother- not that he would ever know that.

War.

He's heard little birds chittering of it as he flies over them. Though he hasn't concerned himself with it overmuch. However, the Cove was his, his families. He'd be damned if someone snatched it from him, from them, took any of his special things. "Oh, I'm positive we would not surrender what is ours without a fight. With the right circumstance we might be useful to the Valley. What exactly do you have in mind?" He's curious, simply for the sake of curiosity, besides there could be something in it for his home. Especially toys for his family, he had been collecting and they grew restless with no outlets. "Your majesty." He adds with a shit eating grin, dramatically dipping his head.