• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I think I'm gonna like it here.
    Azariel trotted along in an unpatterned way, stopping to look and sniff at anything he could. He was absolutely ecstatic to be here, and intended to explore every inch that he could. He was so grateful that Wichita had said he could stay here with her, his new home. And he would have siblings! What a thought that was. He sniffed at a pretty looking flower, huffing slightly when it almost stuck to his nose, laughing softly.
    He wondered to himself how many others there were here. Each person was potential to make a new friend, and he was all for that. A bit of breeze ruffled his mane, and he turned his face into it happily, making his way clumsily forward, stopping to study this and that. His last home was cold, and definitely not as pretty as it was here. He knew already he was going to like it here. He was positively sure of it.
    Johnathen hung his head. He didn't have any other foals to play with. There weren't any who liked him. Then he heard something. The quiet laughing of a foal. His head shot up and ears perked up. He looked around excitedly. Maybe they could be friends. Maybe it was another colt.

He then saw a mouse colored colt. He grinned his most friendliest grin. He pranced up to the colt and said, "Hullo! My name is Johnathen. What's yours?". Being entirely new to friend-making, he tried his best to be friendly. But perhaps he may have been a little too out going, but he couldn't tell. Now, he was worrying that the new colt wouldn't like him.
    At first, Azariel was a bit taken aback by the other colts energy, but he warmed up quite quickly "Hi there Jonathen" He said, unable to help his happy grin "I'm Azariel" he introduced. He was thrilled to meet another colt, though he wasn't used to making friends at all. He'd never really met another foal before, as far as he could remember.
    Maybe Jonathen lived here, and maybe he could show him around. The other colt seemed smaller than him, but he was beginning to think he was just big, if he was going off the few experiences he's had that day. He noticed that the other looked worried, but decided that he wouldn't comment on it, instead just opting to smile wider.

FAMILIAR BREATH OF MY OLD LIES
    CHANGED THE COLOR IN MY EYES

There's nothing better than a cluster of children, nothing better to the little mare named Wichita. She watches the new colt from a distance, making sure he was safe, making sure he 'kept his nose clean' as her momma used to say. She also wanted to give him a chance to meet some horses his own age, or to build his own relationships. It's how they grow, how they learn, and when he needed guidance - he would know where to find her.

She is pleased that in no time, another of the resident foals greets Azariel. A young colt she has never met before, perhaps because she was always so busy with her own children. Maybe he was new though, that could always be the case. In curiosity she finds herself moving towards them, she wanted to see who this was.

“Hi there.” She calls, coming to stand near Azariel. “Don’t think I seen ya around before, I’m Wichita.” She smiles and gives a swish of her tail, resting one of her legs on its point. “Where’s your ma at sugar?” She lifts her dainty head to look around, trying to spot the female to whom this boy belonged.

Wichita
    gentle southern belle of Heaven's Gates