• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Dreadfully Normal
      Cheveyo studied the grounds with interest, strolling leisurely along until she found a suitable spot to stand and rest for a bit. Despite her calmness, she was on high alert, as she always seemed to be. Her tail flicked away a clump of flies, or some other dastardly insects that decided to use her as their perch. She found herself wanting to drift, she had been traveling for quite awhile, so it only made sense to her that she should be able to nap.
     She decided not to lie down. It put her into too much of a vulnerable position. So she stood, her head bowed slightly, still paying attention to her surroundings. She wondered if someone would approach her. It would certainly make her day more interesting, she supposed. She wasn't much of a conversationalist, though she could hold her own. She preferred to listen, take things in. It made gathering information for herself much easier. Nipping at some grass, she sighed contently, breeze ruffling her mane.

there was something in the water, now that something's in me

i can't go back, but the reeds are growing out of my fingertips

Texas isn’t fond of the Field, but it’s a necessary evil. For some reaon, this plain little meadow is where the newcomers to Beqanna gather, mingling with those natives in search of a new home. Texas has never been here for the such reasons – his intentions have always been much more self-serving. Today though, he is here for the kingdom and not for himself, a rare occurance.

The lanky stallion is all too aware of the autumn season, and while the urge to herd away mares never truly fades from a stallion’s mind, Texas has had nearly two hundred years to practice ignoring it.

His attention is caught by a buckskin mare, her golden coat striking against the fiery leaves of the fall. The bay stallion moves from his vantage point on a small hill, walking towards the mare and offering her a friendly nod of greeting. “Hello there,” he says, “My name’s Texas.” He pauses a moment, giving her time to introduce herself if she plans on doing so. “Are you here looking for a home?” In most contexts, such a question might be rude, but this is the field, and there is really only one reason why others come here. They might be fleeing some terrible past or seeking out new adventures, but this is where they always pause before proceeding.

texas

T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls
    Cheveyo studied the bay stallion as he approached, her head cocking slightly as he introduced himself. "Its a pleasure, Texas" she said, bowing her head a little "I'm Cheveyo" she introduced. He seemed friendly enough, and she stood quietly as he spoke more, and she hummed to herself.
    "I haven't given it much thought, really" she said honesty. Her dark green eyes studied him again, more closely "Though, it would be nice" she hadn't really been settled in one place for quite a bit. The herd she had been a part of didn't offer any adventure, or chance in routine. It was a boring and bland existence that she just couldn't handle it. So if this stallion was offering her a place to live, who was she to deny?
    It seemed that was the reason people came to this place. For fresh starts and such "Where is it that you live?" She asked curiously, shifting her weight on her forelegs, her tail flicking once more.

The buckskin mare is polite, a trait that makes the whole meet-and-greet process infinitely easier. While Texas has more than his share of experience when it comes to dealing qith other horses, he’s found that he prefers them polite, sarcastic, or perfectly silent – there are few middle grounds. “Nice to meet you, Cheveyo.” He replies.

Having given her time to consider his question, he listens curiously as she answer. She’s unsure, which is’nt really surprising. Texas imagines that if a stranger approached him and offered him a home he’d be rather hestaint, unless the stranger was an attractive mare, and then he’d be likely to follow her anywhere. He’s clearly very good at priorities and judging the danger level of complete strangers.

“I live at the Dazzling Waterfall,” he says, and for a moment it feels strange to not describe it as the non-mythic neutral kingdom. There are no divisions anymore, at least not divisions that Beqanna wanted. “It’s a small kingdom.” adds the bay stallion in his slow drawl, “Have you lived in a kingdom before?” There are places, he knows, where herds are all that they have. The idea of larger entities like kingdoms are unfamiliar, but he knows better than to presume.

texas

T E X A S
    king of the falls
    The Dazzling waterfall. It certainly had a nice sounding ring to it.  When the stallion brought up the subject of kingdoms, she found herself to be a bit confused. "I can't say I have. I've only ever lived in a herd." It had been a small one at that, mostly all family. Not that she minded small. It could be good. It gave familiarity, and closeness. Plus, she wasn't really one for large groups and crowds. It made her feel boxed in.

"What can you tell me of your kingdom,then?" she asked. She was curious, and wanted to know as much as possible before she agreed on anything. Though so far Texas had given her no reason not to trust him, and seemed to her like a perfectly nice stallion. Though she knew first impressions could be deceiving, so she was still a bit wary.

Though Texas had been born in a herdland beside the Vivid Sea, the existence of kingdoms had always been an accepted – though rarely acknowledged – part of his existence. The land he was raised in was under the jurisdiction of the Chamber of Evil, but even then the monarchs of the kingdom rarely bothered with the small herd lands under their control. As an adult he’d claimed the Wildflower Plateau, and had been perfectly content living the life of a small time herd stallion. But life has a way of turning desire’s on their heads, and Texas had found himself living in, and ruling over, the Dazzling Waterfall. Over a century has passed since the first time he considered himself a kingdom-type of horse, and despite all the kingdoms and lands he’s lived in since that first time, he’s back again at the Dazzling Waterfall.

“It used to be one of the neutral kingdoms, so we’ve never been as passionate about war as the Valley or the Chamber, nor quite as pacifistic as the Gates and the Deserts.” That had seemed like a good explanation when he’d been saying it, but as he lists the other kingdoms to a mare that is likely unfamiliar with them all, he realizes that perhaps it’s not quite as good as he’d thought. “Those are other kingdoms, by the way. There are eight; The Falls is just one of many.” He pauses for a moment, just to be certain he’s not talking too much (an unforgiveable sin, clearly)

“Like I said, it’s small; you’re unlikely to get lost in the crowd. The waterfall itself is magical, capable of healing any injury of ailment.” There, those are the finer points, at least as far as recruitment goes. He’s not quite defined the difference between a kingdom and a herd though, so he adds: “A kingdom has a caste of warriors and diplomats that herds lack, but day-to-day life is much the same if one’s not practicing their caste’s skillset. Does that sound like something that might interest you?”

texas

T E X A S
    king of the falls
    Cheveyo listened intently as the stallion spoke. The whole kingdom thing confused her at first, and she was glad that Texas took a moment to explain to her what was going on. Neutral sounded like her. She couldn't bare the thought of being in some dark place, but she knew that the world wasn't just sunshine and rainbows, and decisions that didn't exactly fall into the light category did have to be made from time to time. Being completely light didn't seem realistic. So neutral seemed good.
    There was a burning curiosity in her as he continued to speak, it was all so interesting. The waterfall sounded like something divine. Something you would hear in some kind of story. It sounded fantastic. It took her a bit of deliberation before she could give him her answer. She was glad to be away from her life, though it was nice. It seemed like being apart of a kingdom offered more. The small part seemed to be what sold her. "It sounds very nice, actually. I suppose it may take a bit to get used to, but it is something I would like".

It takes time to make a decision, especially one like this, so as the mare deliberates Texas looks out at the mountains horizon. He’s not in any rush, except to get back to the kingdom before nightfall and that is still several hours away.

He looks back when she begins to speak, his dark eyes curious as he listens to her decisions. While he’s not entirely surprised – the kingdom is wonderful, after all – it’s still something of an ego boost t ohave successfully convinced someone to come and see the kingdom. “I think you’ll like it too,” He says, nodding his head agreeably.

The bay stallion takes a few steps to the side, toward the general direction of the kingdom. “I can show you the way now, if you’d like?” He offers. He’s not entirely sure she wants to come right away; if she’s new to Beqanna there are a dozen places to explore before truly settling in. He remembers to add at the last moment that: “If you don’t like it though, you don’t have to stay.” Herds are different, subservience to the lead stallion often subsumes the desires of the rest of the heard. It’s not a bad thing – at least not for stallions like Texas – but he doesn’t want Cheveyo to feel trapped. “Unless you decide to serve the kingdom rather than just live there, there’s nothing to keep you there. Well, except for me, I suppose.” He offers her a wink, clearly well aware of his good looks but with no intention of taking his jest any farther.

texas

T E X A S
    king of the falls
    She considered him for a short moment when he moved. Did she want to go yet? She was hesitant for a second, but it re-assured her when he said that she wouldn't have to stay if she chose not to. The kingdom did sound great, and possibly the best option for her, all things considered. She was used to the herd mentality, and being forced to stay, your own wants and needs aside.
    She let out a small chuckle at the wink, giving him a smile. He was a handsome stallion, there was no doubting that, and she was flattered. "I'd love to go now" she said with a soft nod, moving so she could follow him. She was glad that the stallion had offered to show her his kingdom, and she already had the thought that maybe she would want to stay. From what had been said it sounded like a lovely place, and if its inhabitants seemed to be as Texas was, she would have no problems.

[ooc: I fell like I should say that i've gone and bred her. Just so you know Smile]

“You’ve just lived in herd then?” He asks. The question is rhetorical – why would she not know what a kingdom was if she hadn’t only lived in a herd before? – and he’s speaking aloud more than really asking. “Do you think you’d want to join either of the castes?” He’d mentioned them briefly before, the warriors and the diplomats, but hadn’t made any attempt to gauge her interest in participating. Their army consists of three horses, but they’ll in need of diplomats as well. Texas might be clever, but he’s never been possessed of the silver tongue required to be appropriately political. T comes with the territory of not especially caring if he’s liked or not, which is an excellent life strategy, but perhaps not the best for building ties between kingdoms.

As they talk, Texas leads the way to the Falls. It’s the kingdom nearest to the Field, and the trip is short. The move through the woods that create the edge of the kingdom lands, and then along the river that flows from the waterfall itself. It’s a quiet walk, for the herd lands under the governance of the Falls are as quiet as the kingdom, but there is plenty of wildlife. Eventually there is a sound like constant thunder, and it grows louder as they continue upriver.

They round a bend in the river, and there it is – the Dazzling Waterfall. Over a hundred feet tall, and falling down a cliff face comprised of sparkling quartz and granite, is the feature the gives the kingdom its name. The water falls into a pool so deep that light does not reach the bottom, and around it a wide meadow spreads in all directions before being swallowed up by a forest comprised mostly of old growth oak and beech trees. “What do you think?” he asks, gesturing at the view.

texas

Ooc: I did see! Texas would even flirt with a mare in labor, so it’s just his nature xD
    I also posted this same thread in the Falls if you wanted to reply there Smile
    T E X A S
    king of the falls