• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

out of the ashes - ALL KINGDOM

We are at war. There will be scars.

He is silent, respectful as his uncle speaks. He is not one to jump ahead of his place in line; he understands that those with more experience should never be interrupted. But he cannot help but feel some excitement at the thought of visiting other places; he knows that his weakness is his lack of knowledge, his relative dearth of experience. And he cannot wait to have a chance to rectify it.

He does not speak any more on the subject of the Falls. He does not know how populated or not it is; he also does not know the strength of their ties with the Valley, with a magician who is so much more than healing water could ever hope to be. Again, he thinks to himself, he does not know the full extent of their situation. He fails the Chamber with his ignorance, and that is simply unacceptable.

He remains quiet as the newcomer, the stranger that his uncle had been talking to, raises her voice. Somewhere with grass, he thinks, wondering whether the Chamber had ever been a wide, grassy plain. It could have been so many things, in the time before the disaster – he would probably never know. "I would go to all the kingdoms, if I may." he speaks clearly, his eyes on his uncle (great uncle?) "I wish to learn as much about Beqanna as I can, and visiting would help open my eyes."

And then he is quiet.

Erebor

Native Prince of the Chamber

warship x straia

She grins slightly. First at her son, such a young boy who knows all the right questions to ask. Then at Kavi, stepping into his role as governor soon. She may be Queen, but she is no dictator, and she damn well expects them to pull their weight around here as well. She didn’t intend to do it all, did not want to ask all the questions or have to find out all the answers. That’s why there are ranks and leaders and also her. Yes, she gets veto power (what a beautiful thing), but for the most part she plans to do what her kingdom wants.

Other than the Valley. She admits that she made that decision all on her own.

Kavi mentions war, and she catches his eye. ”Don’t be so certain that there’s not a war on the horizon,” she says simply. She doesn’t elaborate at the moment, because she’s not entirely sure if there actually will be. Plans do not always turn into actualities. She wants to send them out to the kingdoms unbiased though, and so her words give no real hint that she knows anymore more than rumors. And in truth, she gives what she knows little more credence than rumors anyway. But it’s enough. She doesn’t want to discount healing so quickly, unless they find another way. And not Eight. She owed him enough already.

Shaytan volunteers to go somewhere with grass, and Straia wonders what exactly this girl is about. She still likes the mare – they need a few more creepy faces. Warsip though doesn’t seem to step up at all, and she can’t help but notice that her army may be in need of attention for someone else. Though who? That she has no idea. And she’d give him a chance to prove her wrong first.

Erebor, not shockingly, volunteers to go everywhere. Her son. Better than her, clearly. “Send me where you will, Kavi.” She says easily. Yes, even Straia as Queen is willing to take orders. Sometimes.

straia

queen of the chamber