• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

knownastherisingsun [any]
    dig up the bones but leave the soul alone
    Chin up. Chin up. Chin up.
    This is his new mantra. The incessant stepping of one hoof in front of the other, the sensation that perhaps he was going somewhere in this world. Part of him felt aimless and hopeless, a larger part felt hopeful. The mare didn't hesitate to touch him with her soft muzzle, the stallion that told him the truth (finally!) lived with her. His concept of kingdoms or hierarchy meant nothing. In his mind they were like mother and father, but not.
    No, he's never call either such a thing. There is one mother, one mother that sends a terrific pang through his chest and into his soul. A mother that would never be.
    A father? He considered this man, this stallion, and again drew up empty. Maybe that's what his life would be like - empty thoughts of things that should exist. He hopes not. He follows them silently to the 'falls.
    drengr
    homeless winged child of baltimore and terror

somebody make me feel alive

They walked slowly back to the Falls. A tiny band of horses that from a distance would probably look like a family, and in a sense they were. The Falls was a small kingdom right now but with this latest addition and the mare that Texas had brought, the silver queen felt hope. Shatter could not stop looking down at the boy by her side. It felt so right having a child near her again. She only hoped that she would be able to be the mother figure she never was for Tyrna.

As they approached the border she paused and turned to the little boy, bending her head down to look him in the eyes. "This is your home Drengr, for as long as you want to stay. I will take care of you as my own child and from here on you will always have a place to return to." She pauses suddenly feeling awkward. How was she to properly convey how much she wanted to fill the role of mother for the colt. Instead of saying anything she presses a tender kiss on his brow and says softly "welcome home.", a comforting smile resting easily on her lips.

Shatter Me

Texas has never spent an undue amount of time with children. He’d raised his children with Believe in the same way that all stallions did at the time – he left them alone unless they were in mortal peril. Raising children is women’s work, and while he did from time to time choose a son to mentor, those have been few and far between. Oak, Guitar, and Jilted – none in the past century at all.

Shatter Me seems to have taken most responsibility for the colt that tags at their heels, though Texas does turn ‘round from time to time to be sure that he’s not been abducted. He might lack paternal instinct, but he’ll be damned if someone attempts to snatch what (in some twisted sense) belongs to Texas.

The grey mare is kind and gentle, so Texas averts his eyes until she’s fallen quiet.

“Wanna go jump off some cliffs?” Texas asks the boy, his dark eyes bright. “There’s some good ones above the waterfall.” Though he’s not sure how to treat the boy like a child, he certainly knows how to treat him like a companion. Shatter Me might disapprove, but even if the boy is a horrible jumper and cracks his head open on the way down, at least he’ll land in the healing water.

That makes it okay, right?

t e x a s
    there's just too much that time cannot erase

T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls
    dig up the bones but leave the soul alone
    And, just like that, Drengr has been accepted into a new family.

The family is a strange one - Shatter is close to him, touching him, giving him light kisses. He finds great comfort in the warmth of her body near his own, if only because it reminds him of the womb he lived in not too long ago. If he closes his eyes he can almost feel the gentle fluid waves lulling him to sleep. It's a wonderful sensation, to feel wanted after all that time in the field - unwanted.

He's sure, suddenly, he made the right choice.

The stallion suggests a dive and Drengr's small wings flap, testing them out. No, not large enough for flight yet. "Jump?" he asks, concerned.
    drengr
    homeless winged child of baltimore and terror