• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

skylines and cityscapes [anyone!]

When you're immortal time doesn't seem to pass really. It ebbs and flows like the tide in an endless drift. Like the swing of the pendulum of a grandfather clock.

Tick tock.

The pine needles are gagging her. She opens her eyes before she realizes that she isn't breathing. The damn pine needles again have managed to wedge their way into her nostrils and throat but she isn't surprised but more annoyed at the itching and coughing that will soon follow just like every time she wakes from her hibernation.

Snapping and popping are the next sounds to echo deep in the earth as her bones begin to shift and the -thud thud- of her heart begins to throb deep inside the chest. She stirs now to push aside the warm blanket of more pine needles. Slivers of sunlight push through when she begins to emerge into the summer heat.

Cough cough.

She stands now after having risen from her slumber. How many years had passed? 5? 10? 50? From the look of things it had only been a few years but it never really makes a difference any way. 

But let's examine our girl really quick so you can get the full visual. 

At around 15.2, our Quarab mix is pretty average. She's typically a lovely buttermilk maiden that tends to darken in the cooler months when her winter coat grows in. Atop the fair skin is a lush black mane and tail and matching nails. She is a pretty girl looking only around five years of age despite being nearly a century and a half old. But her crowning glory is the pair of feathered wings that stretch from her spine to sun...so now, back to where we were...

After a rather unladylike coughing fit consisting of pine needles flying, Illinois can finally stand upright to stretch out those old bones. Pale blue eyes are able to clear and focus on the land and it's inhabitants. A small smile traces only the whiskered maw only briefly before she is seized by more coughing and sneezing.

How embarassing.

illinois

antidote x cuerva lista

felinae
    I'm so excited, delighted. I won't deny it or fight it.

A little bluebird soars through the sky, wings stretched to their fullest as the wind carries its small body forward. As it flies almost systematically above the meadow its corvid eyes almost seem to scan every meter of the lands. Eventually the bird makes its way towards the ground, wings spread to slow down, to break the fall, before landing on the ground. Chirping softly the bluebird hops around through the tall grass and ruffles its wings one last time before folding them against the small body.

A few seconds. That is all what it takes for the bluebird to shift in the cobalt blue roan mare. As a wide smile adorns her lips she sighs loudly, utterly content. It has been too long since the last time she had felt the wind underneath her wings, too long since she had been able to fly. And Felinae could only say that she had missed it. With Besra left in Minette’s care the bluish girl had finally been able to start looking for her blue roan stallion, the father of her little girl and the lover she has been stolen from a little over a year ago. And flying had seemed to be the easiest way to do so.

To get rid of the sudden stiffness in her body Felinae moves to stretch her legs and roll her shoulders, before dipping her head to the grass. It enjoyed her to see her birth home once again, appreciating it’s beauty after having spent a dreadful year in the mountain herd. She had learned to appreciate an easy meal and therefor she couldn’t let the opportunity pass.

Just as she is about to lift her head, to continue the search for her mate – that was the reason why she had flown all the way towards the meadow – she hears the coughing and sneezing. Blinking her eyes the blue girl turns around, head tilted a little to the side as she tries to locate the source of those sounds.

Carefully Felinae approaches the buckskin mare, head dipped slightly towards the ground and ears pointing forward. ”Hey. Are you okay?” she softly asks, hoping that wouldn’t surprise the stranger by approaching like this without a warning. Concern fills her eyes as she eyes the mare in front of her. If Feli had to guess she would say the stranger was from around her own age, young and full of life, except that she also looked like had stand still for quite a few years.

After a few more body rattling coughs does the buckskin finally look up through watering eyes to see a vivid cobalt woman looking back at her with general concern. The winged woman can only smile nervously as she realized she probably looks like a horse dying of consumption. Thick skull snakes out to shake the black tangled mane and a dust cloud promptly forms and drifts on the warm summer breeze. "Sorry-" A loud sneeze follows as she steps from the dirt cloud. "It's been a while since I've stretched my legs." The pale buckskin woman approaches the pretty blue mare. Her own ghostly blue eyes watch the other as a smile spreads warmly on her lips.

Our ancient mare did not see the other approaching in her fascinating form but that didn't matter much. Currently Illinois is fascinated with the woman's coat. Illinois is old as the dirt they stood on. She has seen some crazy things in her day. Mutations. Magic. Really cool traits. BUT she had yet to see horses any color other than the normal day to day. Illy! The mare snaps out of her really rude staring. "Wow...sorry again...honestly I've never seen anyone like you."

How awkward.

Now we all now horses of another color have been around for some time so Illinois looks like the weirdo despite her own wings. Obviously shes been living under a rock somewhere...literally. "I'm Illinois but call my Illy." A warm and genuine smile easily falls over the whiskered maw. "What's yours?" Lobes prick towards the sapphire hued lass curiously. Hopefully this will develop into a new friendship.

illinois

antidote x cuerva lista

felinae

Her eyes grow wide – obviously surprised by the sudden cloud of dust – and she cannot stop herself from moving away slightly. A little confused her eyes follow the cloud as it drifts away on the breeze. ”It’s okay, no need to apologise..” she replies, still looking in the direction in which the cloud had disappeared before turning back towards the buckskin mare. Felinae grins a little stupidly, suddenly a little flustered because of her own blunt staring. Yet she cannot help but to wonder how long this ‘while’ was that she mentioned, because she really looked like she had been there to only collect dust for years.

And when the stranger stares at here she starts to feel flustered even more. Sure she is known to the staring eyes and curious looks, but this is different. The look of the buckskin mare makes her feel like she is really special, something out of the ordinary, and Felinae doesn’t see herself like that. She’s normal, maybe even plain, but content with the herdlife she had with Zeik. And all she wants is their little family back. Her, Zeik, Besra, Minette and Amorette. That was all she needs to be content. The blue girl dips her head again, casting her gaze down for a second. ”Thank you..” she replies, voice soft yet loud enough to be heard.

She offers a warm smile before replying. ”My name is Felinae.” Her gaze breaks away from Illy’s in favour of looking across the meadow. Even though years have passed since her birth she can still remember her youth at her mother’s side, spend in the same place. The blue roan girl would always feel at home in the meadow, but her real home was wherever Zeik was. Although she would’ve to find the blue roan male first. ”Have you been around here long?” she then asks, gaze swinging back towards Illinios to look at the winged mare with curiosity clearly present. Not at all aware that her question might be a little too blunt.

The mare was a beauty. Blue and glossy and breathtaking. Had Beqanna honestly changed so much? A smile touched the mare's lips as the two seemed to stare at one another before Illy breaks up the space with a laugh, it vibrates her hold body. "I have indeed!" She response to the question if she has been around Beqanna a long time. "Almost a century and a half I believe. I tend to take 'naps' when things get a little stagnant..." She trails off as she considers her words for a moment. "I have certainly missed some big stuff, that's for sure."

Blue horses! Wow!

Illinois remembered when wings and horns were fancy but now the woman can not wait to see what else roamed Beqanna. " Are there more horses like you?" Bluntness does not faze Illinois, in fact perhaps her own question was rather blunt but Illinois was unsure how else to really be. "I mean colors and that sort." She laughs lightly at her statement. She hoped she did not seem awkward or offend the pretty mare. "I'm just so curious! I can't wait to see what else I have missed" Her energy is intoxicating and the mare can not hide her emotions. They just seem to bubble out of her. She smiles broadly to her new friend. "Perhaps you could tell me of some tings?" She asks gently, trying to rein in her excitement but not very successfully. Raven hued wings ruffle slightly and once against nestled against her spine.

illinois

antidote x cuerva lista

felinae

From the way Illy looked at her, seemed amazed by her appearance and showed surprise by the fact that horses like her now existed in Beqanna Felinae guessed two things. Or she was new to these lands – because there were other’s like her around – or she had been in that slumber of hers really long. The answer that she got hadn’t been one of the guesses in her mind. Feli’s eyes widen and the surprise is easily readable upon her features, shocked and amazed by Illy’s age. ”Almost a century and a half?” she asks, her voice soft as she tries to grasp the situation. She cannot help but to feel extremely young, a child, next to her new found friend suddenly. Blinking her eyes a few times the blue mare tilt her head to the side, hesitating to ask the question that burns on her lips. ”Are you immortal..?”

Yet the following question is easier to answer and with a smile upon her deep blue lips she nods. ”There are, plenty I believe. My own daughter has blue mane and tail, yet other than that she has her father ‘normal’ black roan coat. I got my color from my father, if I’m to believe my mother” she answers. Like she had inherited her color from her unknown father, she guessed she had some bluish sibling around somewhere too. And lately she had spotted quite some few horses around that supported a green color. Felinae was sure that wasn’t everything, she wouldn’t call her coat color common, but it wasn’t really really rare anymore too.

”What do you want to know?” Her gaze finds its way back to Illy’s and she cannot help but to smile warmly at the other mare. She feels comfortable around this buckskin mare and she’s curious to learn whatever Illy has learned and experienced in her long life. ”I don’t know much about other places though, other than the Gates then. And that isn’t even much” she admits with a shy smile. ”I’ve learned from others that all kingdoms have their own source of magic, ours is a beautiful tree, or, it was beautiful and will be again soon I hope. Next to that kingdoms grand traits to those who serve the ranks, for as long as you’re loyal to your home.” Her words are a synopsis from what she had learned from Magnus. She hadn’t spent much time with him or Minette after their escape from Gryffen and the mountain herd, yet the young blue mare was eager to tribute to her home. In a way that would fit both her and the kingdom. She wanted to help others, like the Gates and Magnus had saved her, her dear friend and their families.

OOC: Sorry for the word vomit (A). Suddenly had a bunch of Feli muse <3
    [Image: felinae_zpsxzrcory8.gif]