• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

He's a fleeting face, smiling at her and offering her kind words before he disappeared into the wintry fog. A fading smile trembles on her lips as she sees him fade into the darkness, leaving her alone with Trystane as it originally was. "He was kind," she mutters under her breath when she can no longer see him. Maybe one day their paths will cross again but for now she is able to more happily focus on only one other. The tension in her melts away at having less of a social encounter. Cerva simply isn't ready to confront more than one at a given time. Her heart is still recovering, still fluttering in her chest when her dark eyes drift back to Trystane. His voice is gentle, caressing her as he speaks of the stars after they together watch one shoot across the velvet black sky. The corners of her mouth lift in a delicate smile. "That sounds lovely," to be peaceful and at ease is all she could ever want at this point in time. He can provide that simply by being himself, lulling her into a state tranquility that she has never before experienced.

Whispered footsteps bring her closer to Trystane until their sides are just a hairbreadths away. She can feel his body heat reach out for her and cradle her skin tenderly. By watching him she notices how he tries to move parts, like reaching out his neck, to elicit more heat during this cold winter eve. They could press against each other, but that would be too forward. For someone who feels so new to conversation Cerva has already reached too far out by bringing herself so near to him. The temptation, however, couldn't be ignored.

Their closeness makes the conversation more real, more intimate, as he admits the inconclusive place from where he is from. Cerva listens attentively with an occasional nod of her head. "The wilderness sounds exhilarating, honestly. No worries, no expectations of you," her voice trails off as she glances away thoughtfully. Her family springs to mind, their faces surfacing after having been suppressed for weeks - maybe months - and she shudders to think how she is not living up to their par. "The Valley," she replies as a second thought after having hesitated after his question. A deep breath is drawn into her lungs before meeting Trystane's eyes. "I was born in the Valley. I'm one of three children between my parents. Somehow, my mother conceived triplets." She excludes that her father was the King, that her mother is spring, that she was borne into a powerful family. All of that escapes her in this moment, but she does admit one thing: "I just needed to get away from there."

She didn't belong, but how is she to tell Trystane that?

Cerva

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Aeris - 11-24-2015, 01:48 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Trystane - 11-24-2015, 07:52 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Aeris - 11-24-2015, 08:41 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ganymead - 11-24-2015, 09:05 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Trystane - 11-25-2015, 12:23 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Cerva - 11-26-2015, 12:52 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Trystane - 11-30-2015, 12:41 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Cerva - 11-30-2015, 07:25 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Trystane - 12-04-2015, 01:10 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Cerva - 12-14-2015, 01:36 PM