• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Mast]

It had been quite a while since Nymphetamine left Gates as Mast and Magnus stayed watching him go. It had been months and in that time a lot had happened. He should probably start getting some information back to Mast....and getting some from him. He had to be very deliberate about this meeting, if he did not want to get thrown into the burning tree. The necromancer would have to get information from Mast to take back to Chamber-- Chamber would be wary otherwise. There was also the haughty raven upon his back. Straia had done some trickery and made it invisible. There was only one way for anyone to know it was there-a magician. He couldn't tell Mast anything of the bird or give any sign or else Fiasko would be in danger and so would gates, Keeva, and himself.   

Nymphetamine knew that Chamber expected him to exchange information, so talking to Mast was not the issue- it was spinning things to keep everyone safe. There would be moves and counter moves, but first he had to find Mast. Nymphetamine was a ways from gates, but thought there was a chance the Stag would be in the Field recruiting. He hoped to catch him there, in a neutral area, so it would seem more of a chance encounter to others. It was a very fine line to walk and even now, he was a little anxious about setting the scene. Hopefully, Mast would understand in the end, hopefully he would see it was a means to an end. The blood bay stood in the field, scanning it for the ruler of Gates. He did not announce himself, but hoped the king would see and connect the dots. He stood as winter took a chill to the air, but he was on fire as his nerves kept him alert and numb to the change in weather. He waited, as he would until time told him he should try elsewhere.

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

ooc- oi I suck at starting posts.

I've heard there was a secret chord
    that David played and it pleased the Lord
    but you don't really care for music do you?

If he were to be completely honest with himself, their current dealings with Nymphetamine and the Chamber made him uneasy. Despite all their other short comings, the Chamber members were sharp and cunning. It would not take much to tip them off and for them to be able to smell the rat amongst their ranks. But Nymphetamine had seemed willing, consequences be damned. Mast didn’t have to trust him completely, but he also couldn’t deny the gesture. It was hard to trust anyone these days, after all. Mast would give him the benefit of the doubt for now though- it was all he had.

The Field hadn’t been on the top of his list of priorities for quite some time, but for some reason it called out to him today. He wasn’t one to deny such things, so he headed that way. Already the snow was falling, though Mast found its beauty pleasing. The gray king had an uncanny ability to find the beauty in all things, even when they inconvenienced others. Slowly the field came into view, barren but for a few horses out braving the elements. Some stood in small clusters whilst others stood apart, and Mast envied their solidarity. One caught his eye though- a lanky blood bay, standing alone and stark against the snow covered ground. Mast swallowed hard, and a forced smile was placed on his mouth. The tension in his face was visible, and he was surprised the snow around him hadn’t begun to melt from the heat of it. He was about to make his way to him, thought better of it, and slipped into the trees. Once he was there he shifted quickly, replacing the gray stallion form with the whitetail deer form. When it was complete he stepped back out, making his way hesitantly towards the lanky stallion before him. It wasn’t that he was afraid, but it would be a more convincing ruse should he act like a proper deer. So with stiff, cautious steps he walked towards Nymphetamine, passing him cautiously. “Follow me into the forest.” he said quickly, giving an extra spook for good measure. Finally he stuck his tail into the air and leapt through the field, not looking back but confident that Nymphetamine would follow.

M A S T

Nymphetamine wondered if this was going to work, how long could he stand here and call it “recruiting.” Though he knew if someone was there that could be chamber material he would have had to act on it. But there were few, and those here were already grouped up. He thought about leaving, when a familiar sent drifted on the wintery breeze.  A moment later a stag hoped by spooking and running off. There was a barely audible command to follow that flickered behind him.  The blood bay exhaled, not sure how this will go, but he turned and followed just the same.

Once in the woods, the bay stopped a sly grin on his face, he kept his tones low, so keep their words as private as possible”Privacy was a smart move Mast. “ He dipped his head in greeting, but kept an eye on Mast. There was a tension between them; it was palpable. He wasn’t sure it if was due to both of then being nervous, or a shift in Masts intentions towards him. He exhaled trying to push the oddness away. ”There is much to discuss…It wasn’t easy, and I am not sure the Queen trusts me completely… But I do have much to tell you. How is Gates? How are your preparations going? Is your land healing?”

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]