• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Put Your Monsters to Rest
    Zelia wasn't particularly sure why she was standing in this hidden sea of grass, but nonetheless there she was. A splash of colour on a barren canvas. Her winter coat was a rusting silver lake in the sun. Her ears, which seemed to have shrunk amidst the extra hair, followed the surrounding sounds with unease. Her neck seemed to extend as she raised her head high, glancing across the once golden field she stood in. A thick cloud escaped her nares with every breath forced into the chilling air. The astonishing cold had settled against her coat, looking for an enterance. Her eyes worked across the landscape, observing every detail, from the small flurries of snow that danced with the breeze, to the few clouds sliding across an otherwise empty sky.
       Despite the emptiness that was this field, Zelia rather liked her surroundings. There were few places for danger to hide, plenty of access to sunlight, and silence. The kind of silence that let one's mind glide to a peacefulness which slips through every tendon.

OOC:Oh my, I am so out of practice.

daey

if you despise my existence, I hold no grudge but to protect
    those precious to me, I will make no such promises

His mind floated admist the snow and ice. He enjoyed the presence of winter it made him seem like a ghost through the chilled flurrs of the winter mist. For the acception of his eyes, they glowed within the mist like red jewels as he strode through the chilled greenery, until he spotted her. Sure his summoning to the field wasn't quite normal he preferred to be in the protection of Forlorn Forest instead of the public of other residents of Beqanna. Although that always meant the time for new members was of need. With only one resident in his herd he had to crank up his recruitment tasks.

Through the growing wind and built up frost, he found her the rusting silver of her coat popped unlike his whitened coat. Striding through the snow covered foliage he approached with a kind smile, alabaster lobes gently placed at a friendly tone. Bowing his head in a greeting his crimson hues locked with her, voice heard like a soft chill he spoke, " Hello my dear, my name is Daey." he paused lifting his snow fleeked head pink nostrils dripped. " Care to share a name?" he applied the words gently.

The field seemed quite vacant today. It was one of mother natures worst, winter but for those who enjoyed the lasting nights like he welcomed the cold. Although winter was only welcomed if his winter coat decided to grow in, which this year it revolted leaving him with a short fall coat. His skin prickled with small bumps sending chills throughout his body at every moment yet he simply ignored the prickles that pulsed through every muscle in his body. Maybe perhaps it was a sign of luck that maybe is recruitments would end it what he wished for a growing stable herd. 

The sudden voice slid along her skin, much like the winter breeze that surrounded her, with a crisp, yet oddly soothing lull. She tipped her head slightly to gaze at the cream hued being before her. She felt rather dull when put before such a magnificent creature. His fur was still slightly short and welcomed the sun to enhance his muscles. Her gaze wandered to his ruby orbs set brilliantly alight in the clear day. 

The shock of colour in his face pushed her words across a tongue of velvet. "My, what wonderful eyes you have." Her own syllables caused her brow to furrow and her ears to turn away, trying to hide from this shameful response. "Excuse me. That was uncalled for. My name is Zelia." Her words tumbled to the snow in an ugraceful heap, any attempts she may have made to correct her behaviour fading quickly.

daey

The stallion seemed to tremble as he heard her compliment upon his rather wretched appearance. " Why they aren't that magnificent... I tend to scare people with them." he chuckled at the thought. She was quite an accepting equine unlike some he had encountered but he gladly welcomed her with open arms. His tail seemed to lash away the frost from nipping at his pink prickled skin, as he gradually examined her build.

"Your name fits your beauty." he smiled in a welcoming manner as he paused for a brief moment seeming to space out in mid conversation. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Zelia." He added gently. Bowing his head once more towards her in a gentleman like manner. He didn't want to jump the gun, yet the warmth feeling of the uniquely obscured Forlorn Forest seemed to hail his name. Winter had not directly hit his patch of land so he wished to bask in the little sun that was left.

"I'm sorry if this seems rushed, but will you join me in my delightful herd placed in Forlorn Forest?" he paused words flowed out of his mouth like sweet honey whiskey. "Winter has not hit yet and I wish to return to see the transition of seasons, you see it's quite a glorious sight." he chimed shifting his weight to his left. " And I would love for you to join me." He smiled perking his pearl lobes seeming to be translucent pink auditories in the beaming sunlight.

He would be quite joyful if she joined, that would be one more within the herd, yes it was small a small trio of soon to be maybe three if that she joined. "So Zelia, what do you say?" He grinned in a peaceful manner as the last words escaped out of his pink skinned muzzle.

The idea of warmth sent a shiver throughout her appendages. "My what a splendid opportunity." She mused, more to herself than the brute before her. Zelia still hadn't gotten over how insignificant she felt in comparison to Daey. Where he was lean and elegant, she was stocky and rather ordinary. Her own pools of chocolate trailed to a lone cloud in the sky as her thoughts slid away from he companion. 

The Forlorn Forest. What an odd name for a place, especially a forest. Could they truly be considered "forlorn"? Nothing is really alone in a forest, not even the trees. There is so much life and imagination trickling along the edges of the bark which protects it's main inhabitants. Hm. It truly was a magnificent day. Magnificent. She had heard that word recently. From a rather fascinating stallion. 

Her gaze snapped back to the splash of red which plagued her memory. "Right. Yes, that sounds rather enjoyable." She hadn't realized she had come to a decision until it was placed before her. Had she really even thought his request over? Had she really needed to? The promise of a home and an end to this wandering was a welcoming warmth in this winter chill.

daey

The pale boy enjoyed welcoming new faces to their new homes as much as he enjoyed to grow his small herd. " Yes Forlorn, you see it seems to have been abandoned for quite a while and is just reviving from it's past inhabitants." He paused brushing a smile upon the conversation. "Yet, as soon as you get there it will draw you towards it's shaded crimson leaves and pure beauty inside the foliage." He began to rasp towards the end.

His social skills had grown over the time he spent with Dragonglass, first welcoming the one mare to his home. And now he would welcome another to his home, only to grow his family of a herd to one more. " I'm glad to hear that." He chuckled the words through pink lips. "So shall we?" He strode towards the horizon of the field, awaiting her to join him at his side.

So excited to welcome her to Forlorn Forest!! See you there!!