• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We need love, but all we want is danger [Yael]
    She knows better than to push the golden queen to speak much on the matter of the late king’s passing. It would not have felt right to press such matters and Lucrezia knew very well it was not her business to ask questions. If Yael wanted to speak about Vanquish she would’ve already done so. Therefore, Lucrezia nods her head as Yael acknowledges her words of endearment about the black king. She lets Yael have her moment, not bothering her when she looks away and gathers herself. Lucrezia waits until she wishes to speak.

But when she does, there is a tone of business-like in her voice and she knows that she must listen carefully what is to be said. Yael never was one to speak like this way if it was not important Lucrezia had learned. So, her ears perk forward and her nutmeg gaze remains on the queen.

Lucrezia expects it to be something of a task she must do for her kingdom, but she is beyond surprised to hear words spoken of her father, sister, and the Chamber. She did not expect nor ever see this coming. Her gaze drops away from Yael as she continues to speak. The mare cannot bother to look at her queen in the eye because she expected nothing like this from her sister. Straia had always been like her father and the two of them never had the same relationship as she did with the Blood King, but she at least thought there was some respect from Straia for their father.

She was wrong.
    She had been wrong about many things.

When Yael’s voice softens, her gaze returns to the golden queen. The voice of the queen’s changes and she knows that there is sincerity here. Lucrezia remains silent though, not showing a smile or frown as the queen continues because she is unsure of what to even think or believe at this moment. She only knows one thing for sure and that this place is here home. It always has been.

“Is my father okay though? Please tell me he is not dead.” She asks, a plead in her voice, because she must know it all. She must know the truth of what has happened. Despite being sent to the Deserts and never seeing her family since she left, she stilled loved them both dearly. “I-I never thought my sister would do such a thing, but I never knew her well enough to know what she was capable of.” Lucrezia could believe her sister would kill her father just to get what she wanted.

She shakes her head, letting the thoughts of her sister and going back to the Chamber to be dismissed. “I do not consider the Chamber to be my home anymore, Yael. It has forgotten about me just as my family has. I would be happy to stay in the Deserts and continue what I have started.” She smiles at the queen softly. It was her time to be someone, not a pawn in her father’s game anymore. Still Lucrezia worried for what would come from her father no longer being on the throne. Her sister was likely up to something.
    html © shelbi | character info: here
    Lucrezia
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference