• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing, any
    I'm looking for the sky to save me, 
    looking for a sign of life

Carys has kept to herself since joining Kirin’s herd.

There are others here - she can smell them - but she has no desire to join them, not yet. She tells herself that she just wants to relax, that she just wants the time to herself to recover, but in reality, she doesn’t know how to interact any more. She’s spent so much time isolated in the depths of her own misery that she doesn’t know how to reach out. To connect.

The almost isolation isn’t all bad though. The Cove is a beautiful and peaceful place, even with the weird, creepy iron statue, and Kirin, when he does visit her, is perfectly gentlemanly and kind. And in spite of her past history, she can’t help but have a little kernel of hope invested in the new life that is currently growing inside her.

Maybe, just maybe, she could start a new life here, with Kirin. She does not love him, but that doesn’t matter. She doesn’t need to love him to be happy, for them to be happy.

Maybe a new, quiet life here could make up for all that she’s lost.

But, when the day finally rolls around and the labour pains hit, she can’t help but be afraid. She hasn’t had a good experience with birth. Her first … she can’t bear to think about, even now. And her second she can’t even remember.

Instinct takes over however, pushing out the fear and in under an hour, a soft, sticky bundle lies in the grass. Full of anxiety, she leaps to her feet, reaching out to the bundle with a shaking muzzle. Then it moves. Alive! She sets to work immediately, cleaning off the child and exclaiming softly every time more of it comes to light.

The first thing she notices are the wings - beautiful, feathered, colourful wings. Just like hers. Tears threaten at the corners of her eyes. As more of the muck is cleared away, the coat becomes more clear. It’s not black as she had originally suspected, but a deep, rich purple. Lighter purple crawls up her legs and down her face, forming four little socks and a thin blaze. And it’s a girl. A beautiful little winged girl.

The tears start in earnest then, and try as she might, she can’t make them stop.

carys
    html by maat

HE'S SO TALL, HANDSOME AS HELL
    HE'S SO BAD, BUT HE DOES IT SO WELL

He likes having his little play things, leaving the last mare for his siblings to tend to. That one had somehow wound up with child, and he wondered which one of his siblings would have coupled with it.

This newest one though, it wasn't Wayra, but it had wings. It would suffice. He'd made quick work of wooing her, of taking advantage of mating season and filling her with seed. Not until after he had given child to Nicia of course, but the little feathered girl got hers too- you could be sure of it. He had even been gentle, though it sickened him to do so, if just to make her stay. To seal the deal and assure her he was kind, caring, loving, whatever it was that she wanted to hear or believe.

He's been waiting for his children to surface, ticking of the days in his head, sending Kult to check on the ladies and report back to him if anything has progressed. Today it has. His little brother is so quick to please him, to make up for his mistakes at their family meeting, that he snakes his way to Kirin, uttering 'Time'. The lavender stallion lifts off, not so much as a thank you, and takes to the sky to find his newest gift. It doesn't take long to find them, she's just where he left her. Sobbing over a small bundle. At first he is angry, thinking something has gone amiss, but no- she's just emotional.

"Carys, what do you have for me?" He asks after landing, rushing up to her and giving a quick lip to her neck. He's eager, somewhat forgetting his ruse, but hopefully she will think he is just excited and elated for the birth of their child. He is, happy about HIS child, but it matters little to him that she's involved.

He looks over the weeping mare, looking down at a young purple foal. Wings. It's the first thing he notices, the sight of them bringing a wicked smile to his lips. "You've done well." He manages, though he sounds very business-like now, not at all the soft or doting tones he had used on his previous visits.

Soaring sadist of Silver Cove

God she is such a mess.

Her chest heaves, and she tries desperately to bring herself back under control. But there’s nothing she can do. The tears keep coming.

The girl is just so similar to dear little Esther, except for the purple of course. She can’t help but remember.

A familiar voice rings out, and the touch of lips on her neck alert her to Kirin’s presence. Oh crap, she hadn’t wanted him to see her like this. So bloody emotional. “I’m sorry.”

But he’s not even looking at her, he’s looking at the girl. Which is to be expected of course, he must be excited to meet their newborn child. She sniffles, somewhat more under control than she was before. “We have a daughter, Kirin. A beautiful little girl.” The child looks up then, staring at Kirin with open curiosity. She stretches out her rainbow wings experimentally, and on her first try, hoists herself up on shaky legs. Carys teeters on the brink, caught between memory and the present. “I’m sorry that I’m so emotional. I … she … she just reminds me of my first daughter.” Oh poor, poor little Esther. At least she knows the undead beast is no where near their little herdland. “She died.”

Kirin smiles, and compliments her, telling her that she’s done well. As emotionally compromised as she is at the present moment, she doesn’t noticed the edge to his smile, or the tone in his voice. She clings to the compliment and slips up beside him, rainbow wing brushing his lavender one. “I should name her.” She’s almost tempted to name her after her older sister … but perhaps that would be bad luck.

carys
    html by maat

KERSEY || the academic executioner of silver cove

I have absolutely no desire to witness birth. It's a necessary evil, procreation, but it isn't one that I am called to take part in. I am certainly willing to leave that to Kirin (and hope that the day never comes when he feels my services are necessary for the task). It isn't the sex I mind. It's the result. The months of growing fat and ugly and useless only to spend hours in torment and pop out this gooey icky thing who won't stop squalling. I, who have torn apart countless animals until I am blood stained up to my chest, am not afraid to admit I have no compulsion to watch the dawn of new life. Besides, the beginning of life is predictable. Staid. It happens in the same way.

It's the ends that fascinate me.

I don't interact much with Kirin's pets. He supplies Kult and I with gifts on occasion, but for the most part we scrounge up our own fun. He's a good big brother, Kirin, although he doesn't like the messy things in life. It's Kult who can always be depended on to assist me.

Today, however, my big brother is running errands for Kirin. One of his playthings is near to bursting (a quick cut here and there and the baby would slip out with no need for the mother) and Kult is on babysitting duty.

I do not envy him.

But when my bay brother slips past me and grunts that it's time, curiosity gets the better of me. I catch a glimpse of Kirin in the sky and follow his shadow at a quick canter. Who knows? There could be fun in this for me now that Kirin has gotten what he wanted from the colorful winged mare.

Thankfully the truly gory parts of birth have ended when I arrive, and all that greets me is a weeping mare, a purple winged filly and my handsome big brother who is newly a father. I move closer, catching the last of Kirin's words.

She hasn't really done anything, though, has she?” I say, musing aloud. “From what I've seen, babies come out or they don't with no say from the mother. In fact, often the dam dies in the act of it.

I glance down at the child, ignoring the blubbering mother. I remember being that young. I hated every minute of it. I couldn't wait to grow into my body, and my purpose, and have the strength behind my desires. She's not very pretty, all angles and too large features, but you can tell that she will turn out beautiful some day.

The child looks worthy, Kirin.” I smile at him, slow and predatory. “Congratulations. The next generation of Khaos' children will be a delight to train.

*proceeds with cautions*

The tears continue and Kirin does his best to ignore her sobs. Their gross, salty, liquid streaming down her face, trailing dark lines in the hair on their way. His Mother had never been such a wet blanket, what was wrong with this one?

Words of defense find his ears, sorry, she says. Aren't they always sorry? In the end?
    Some other child makes her weep, some dead child. "Well then, if she's dead then this will be your first child." He says it rather matter of fact. A demand almost, lacking any sort of empathy on the matter. She had a perfectly whole child here. She shouldn't be thinking about other children, not when she had this glorious specimen from him. She should be grateful, he muses watching the purple filly make attempts at standing.

He's pleased when the young thing rises, finding her feet rather quickly for a babe. Perfect. That's perfect, he thought with a wicked smile. "You're right, she'll need a name." He's tone has become rather authoritative now, looking the child over with an inspecting eye. "Her name will be Kirke." He says before someone else is progressing towards their small gathering.

Ah, dear Kersey. He's actually pleased she's come, he has need of her and her talents.

He looks sidelong at the bay and purple girl, bemused with her comments on the matter. "Hmm, she's done more than you have." He remarks, raising a brow. "We can change that though." He nips teasingly at her side, both joking and not joking at all. She's conveniently away during the season and if that wasn't for the best he'd probably be angrier about it. Maybe he could goad Kult into it, that'd be a good punishment for his recent actions.

"Yes dear sister, the child is pleasing as far as children go." The girl is well enough but he wouldn't get too carried away with gushing over it. Not like the sobbing Dam. "I'm glad you're here actually." Indeed he is, there are things to be done. He lips gingerly then at the winged mare, circling her as he speaks to his sister. Touching her neck, her jaw as he discusses the specifics of his needs. He takes amusement from Kersey watching him play with this toy, and though he is caressing Carys- his eyes never leave hers.

"The Gates has something of mine. A mare. One they took from the Chamber, a girl. You'll know her by a plain and unassuming roaned blue," He instructs, taking care to draw out the words, pulling the breath from the dark mare. "You'll also find her by the ice and snow that surrounds her, that's what I want." He says pointedly, staring Kersey down now, pulling from Carys with a jerk, like an old toy thrown to the floor for something new.

Drawing up to her, running his face along her own, all the way up. Passing her chin, her jaw, before ending just at her ear. "And, bring me something of theirs in return, take your brothers with you." He whispers, lingering there too and breathing deeply into her mane- savoring the smell of her skin.

“Well then, if she's dead then this will be your first child.”

She breathes deeply, still trying to pull herself back under control. Kirin’s right, really. Esther is long dead, and her unnamed son is long gone. This beautiful little filly is here in front of her, and she is the one that deserves her attention. There’s no use dwelling on her previous children when this one needs her now.

Kirin smiles as the girl stands and Carys finally notices the different tone in his voice. She opens her mouth as he names the girl, but closes it, feeling confused. Kirke is an alright name, she supposes. It wouldn’t have been her first choice but … somehow she doesn’t want to argue.

Luckily little Kirke soon distracts her. Carys hiccups and smiles as the girl takes a shaky step towards her and promptly falls over. Such a sweet little thing. She has no idea what kind of mess her mother is, she just wants to eat. “You can do it sweetie!” The filly looks up at her and Carys chuckles at the look of determination she can see there. The purple girl hoists herself up again and takes a few, wobbling steps towards Carys. Carys beams proudly as the child makes it to her, and latches on to Carys’ teat. Such a quick learner!

It’s only then that Carys notices the bay mare. She offers the newcomer a bright smile (her tears are finally starting to dry) and notes the purple points on her legs and muzzle. She must be a relative of Kirin’s.

She’s taken aback though when the mare opens her mouth to speak. Carys’ eyes widen at the harsh tone, though she’s too surprised to say anything. She expects Kirin to defend her, but the lavender stallion instead jokes with the mare, making a thinly veiled advance. And the more the pair keep talking (about taking someone from the Gates?!), the more it sinks in that something is wrong here. The thought is only compounded when Kirin pulls away from her with a violent jerk.

But maybe she’s just reading too much into this, maybe she’s just overthinking it. Maybe everything’s just fine. Her voice calls out quietly, tremulously. “Kirin, what’s going on?”

carys
    html by maat

KERSEY || the academic of silver cove

I snort at Kirin's attentions, nudging him as he nips my side. I know full well that when autumn arrives Kirin is less than reliable to be around unless one wants a stomach filled with child. Although I can admit to being curious as to how my brother performs. I wonder if he would be anything like Raelnyx... or Lupei.... I stifle the thought, sending up a silent prayer to Khaos that Kirin won't scent the green stallion on me. I can't imagine my brother reacting well to that little indiscretion.

Kult probably knows about my adventure in the meadow, but then Kult is my soul mate. He knows me better than I do, as I know him. I glance over my shoulder. Of all the times for him to not follow me he had to choose this one.

My bright purple eyes darken as Kirin caresses his toy, his gaze locked on mine. He takes his time, reveling in his pleasure until even I am swishing my tail with lust. Still, I keep my ears perked and store away the information for when my head clears. I am satisfied. This seems like exactly the sort of thing Kult and I have studied and practiced for. It will be a delight.

Kirin moves towards me then, and unconsciously, I lean into his caress, a breathy gasp escaping from my lips. I shiver as he ruffles my mane, and a bemused smile stretches across my features. I am not sure which of us in this family is the most sexually voracious. Honestly, I would not be surprised if my handsome purple brother summoned me for information while fucking his latest conquest.

We'll leave as soon as I can gather Kult and perhaps Raelnyx.” I say obediently. Family first, of course.

It is then that I notice the brightly colored mare. Her eyes are wide with shock, and a smirk appears on my purple features. Her voice is tremulous, uncertain, and the urge to leave is suddenly stifled by my desire to see how Kirin will handle her.

Brother,” I say quietly, my voice rich with amusement. “Your whore asks you for answers. It would be the polite thing to answer her.

Ah, it is too bad their younger sister made Nicia so positively green. She could have been a lovely little addition to their nighttime frolicking. She could have been shared. Instead he would have to deal with the delicate consideration of playing with her alone. Perhaps he could have words with Kult, make him act as sentry. But secrets were dangerous around these parts, its the only reason he has not yet insisted being alone with her. He didn't want to be keeping things from Nicia, and he wasn't inclined to think she would let him indulge.

It was his right and he didn't like the thought of someone else getting to her first. It was such an annoyance, she was right there, merely a breath away.

He lingers there, breathing into her mane, the fine smell of sweat beneath salt and sun. The sea was such an overpowering smell, none of them need ever announce their residency. It was known, they reeked of it.

That sound. His ears turn to it, that gentle sigh and its all he can do to be very, very still now. Yet he must press against her else she fall. It's an appreciated moment but one that is short lived. Carys is asking for explanation, he hardly hears her tuning her out just so. He can't ignore her though, Kersey mutters about answers, and he is uttering nonsense himself. A husky few words, lips tangled against his sisters ears. "But I'm not finish-" The conversation registering, breaking his sentence mid enunciation.

Silvery eyes snap open, a look of ice deep within their depths. He turns, growls almost, head and neck twisting to round on Carys. "Explanations?...Oh-ho -ho it's explanations you want is it?" His rage is fueled in part by her boldness, and also by Kersey's quick wit to make a scene of things. She had been avoiding him, do not think he had not noticed her convenient absence come fall.

The distance is short, he steams over half flying, coming to a stop by colliding chest first with Carys. "You do not get to ask me what is going on." He seethes, spitting into her face as he speaks. "All you need worry about is making sure my child survives the winter." He looks her over, thoughts like a tornado in his mind. "You'll also bear me another child as well, you prove useful for that much at least." Then he turns to Kersey, still alight with his anger, "First bring Raelynx, I have another job before you all go." Surely his brother would do this little thing for him.

@[Raelynx]

I love the way that your heart breaks
    with every injustice and deadly fate.

He is a keeper of his own time, difficult to bend or sway. He always has been, even as a small boy. Time had held as little meaning to him as borders had. That much, at least, has not changed as he has grown. As he himself has changed.

Were it not for Kersey’s sweet words, her presence charming him away, he might not have come at all. But his sister has always held a special place in his heart. Or whatever it is he has that might pass for a heart. He is not as bold or presumptuous in his desires as his brother might be, but they are there. He is simply very good at waiting.

A trait, he believes, his brother would do well to emulate.

But then, if he and Kirin were anything alike, they might not get along as well as they do.

When he finally does arrive, it is with a slow and confident swagger, trailing after his purple tinged sister with a slight smile upon his cracked lips. His skin is covered in his god-gifted flame, a sweet caress of warmth that reminds him always of a beautiful torment. Reminds himself, and others, just exactly what he is capable of.

He notes the dark mare with the brightly colored feathers, the newly born child, his gray eyes insipidly bland. He is a hard man to read, not because he tries to be, but simply because there is rarely any notable change in his emotion.

His eyes flicks to his brother, catching his gaze as he slips into the small group, directly alongside Kersey. He places a gentle, fiery caress along her withers, up her neck, reminding her of exactly what he can give her. She only need ask. He is a very patient man, after all.

Finally, that small smile disappears from his lips has his gray gaze fixes upon his brother. ”Kirin.” The word slips from his lips on a quiet rumble, an acknowledgement of his brother’s request for his presence.

Raelynx

khaos x eyrie

html c insane | picture c naelii.deviantart.com

Slowly, ever so slowly, it begins to sink in.

Kirin is definitely not who he said he was.

She doesn’t quite get it at first though. Not even when Kersey calls her a whore and Kirin fails to defend her. Her first true inkling starts when Kirin turns on her and charges, spewing an anger that she’s never seen before.

Then he actually spits on her.

Carys instantly shrinks away, stunned and at a loss for words.

And finally, as he snaps at her about his child, she figures it out.

She’s been fooled by a monster.

She’s living with a monster.

She freezes, trembling, horrified. Is this it then? Is this all she’s ever going to be? A foolish girl taken in yet again by a cruel, violet stallion? A forever victim.

She jumps when Kirke detaches herself and toddles up along her mother’s side, flaring her tiny wings and bumping into Carys’ side. It startles her into action. Well, some sort of action.

She glances briefly at Kirin, afraid to meet his eyes. “O-ok Kirin.” Then she lowers her head to nuzzle at her daughter. “Come on, Kirke, let’s find somewhere comfortable to sleep.” Then she starts walking away, Kirke following, hoping that Kirin and his siblings will not join them.

She doesn’t cry. She’s all out of tears.

carys
    html by maat

Bah all my posts are so atrocious right now.

We don't have to continue this thread, I just wanted to write Carys' realization. Smile