• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing, any

KERSEY || the academic executioner of silver cove

I have absolutely no desire to witness birth. It's a necessary evil, procreation, but it isn't one that I am called to take part in. I am certainly willing to leave that to Kirin (and hope that the day never comes when he feels my services are necessary for the task). It isn't the sex I mind. It's the result. The months of growing fat and ugly and useless only to spend hours in torment and pop out this gooey icky thing who won't stop squalling. I, who have torn apart countless animals until I am blood stained up to my chest, am not afraid to admit I have no compulsion to watch the dawn of new life. Besides, the beginning of life is predictable. Staid. It happens in the same way.

It's the ends that fascinate me.

I don't interact much with Kirin's pets. He supplies Kult and I with gifts on occasion, but for the most part we scrounge up our own fun. He's a good big brother, Kirin, although he doesn't like the messy things in life. It's Kult who can always be depended on to assist me.

Today, however, my big brother is running errands for Kirin. One of his playthings is near to bursting (a quick cut here and there and the baby would slip out with no need for the mother) and Kult is on babysitting duty.

I do not envy him.

But when my bay brother slips past me and grunts that it's time, curiosity gets the better of me. I catch a glimpse of Kirin in the sky and follow his shadow at a quick canter. Who knows? There could be fun in this for me now that Kirin has gotten what he wanted from the colorful winged mare.

Thankfully the truly gory parts of birth have ended when I arrive, and all that greets me is a weeping mare, a purple winged filly and my handsome big brother who is newly a father. I move closer, catching the last of Kirin's words.

She hasn't really done anything, though, has she?” I say, musing aloud. “From what I've seen, babies come out or they don't with no say from the mother. In fact, often the dam dies in the act of it.

I glance down at the child, ignoring the blubbering mother. I remember being that young. I hated every minute of it. I couldn't wait to grow into my body, and my purpose, and have the strength behind my desires. She's not very pretty, all angles and too large features, but you can tell that she will turn out beautiful some day.

The child looks worthy, Kirin.” I smile at him, slow and predatory. “Congratulations. The next generation of Khaos' children will be a delight to train.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing, any - by Kersey - 12-10-2015, 09:21 PM