• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing, any
    I'm looking for the sky to save me, 
    looking for a sign of life

“Well then, if she's dead then this will be your first child.”

She breathes deeply, still trying to pull herself back under control. Kirin’s right, really. Esther is long dead, and her unnamed son is long gone. This beautiful little filly is here in front of her, and she is the one that deserves her attention. There’s no use dwelling on her previous children when this one needs her now.

Kirin smiles as the girl stands and Carys finally notices the different tone in his voice. She opens her mouth as he names the girl, but closes it, feeling confused. Kirke is an alright name, she supposes. It wouldn’t have been her first choice but … somehow she doesn’t want to argue.

Luckily little Kirke soon distracts her. Carys hiccups and smiles as the girl takes a shaky step towards her and promptly falls over. Such a sweet little thing. She has no idea what kind of mess her mother is, she just wants to eat. “You can do it sweetie!” The filly looks up at her and Carys chuckles at the look of determination she can see there. The purple girl hoists herself up again and takes a few, wobbling steps towards Carys. Carys beams proudly as the child makes it to her, and latches on to Carys’ teat. Such a quick learner!

It’s only then that Carys notices the bay mare. She offers the newcomer a bright smile (her tears are finally starting to dry) and notes the purple points on her legs and muzzle. She must be a relative of Kirin’s.

She’s taken aback though when the mare opens her mouth to speak. Carys’ eyes widen at the harsh tone, though she’s too surprised to say anything. She expects Kirin to defend her, but the lavender stallion instead jokes with the mare, making a thinly veiled advance. And the more the pair keep talking (about taking someone from the Gates?!), the more it sinks in that something is wrong here. The thought is only compounded when Kirin pulls away from her with a violent jerk.

But maybe she’s just reading too much into this, maybe she’s just overthinking it. Maybe everything’s just fine. Her voice calls out quietly, tremulously. “Kirin, what’s going on?”

carys
    html by maat

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing, any - by Carys - 12-19-2015, 11:58 AM