• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

oh yeah I'm an ugly mess, not in the face, but in the head (any)
    He is so bored.

The young stallion stalks through the trees, muttering to himself quietly under his breath. He’s so, so tired of this place, of the endless boredom, and having to deal with his idiotic mother on a daily basis. The wretched mare near drives him crazy … but no more.

The weepy thing has tried to keep him from the other members of the Chamber, telling him that she doesn’t want him to associate with the ‘darkness’ living here. But he’s had enough. He’s two now, practically an adult. He won’t let her weakness control him any more.

He keeps walking until he reaches a great open space. The ground is covered in hoof prints, and the scent of other horses fills his nose. He must be close to the centre of the kingdom.

He settles in quietly under the spreading boughs of an old oak, and leans against the thick, rough bark. His red eyes, so like his father’s, calmly scan the land before him, analyzing what he sees, and keeping a look out for other members of the Chamber. To his knowledge, the Chamber is still one of the more active kingdoms, and it’s queen keeps a vigilant watch on the kingdoms members and borders - no doubt someone will appear soon. He only hopes they can keep him entertained.

(OOC: Ah this is a god awful post. First time posting him.)

I can see it in your eyes and I can tell by your body heat,
    why are you taking so long?

Slowly but surely the blue mare keeps getting pulled from the shadows, from hiding and observations. What a pretty little buttercup mare and then she realizes, oh, just another haughty egotistical male to add to our ranks. Either way, the Chamber is growing so she can't complain - at least until Fall. Kimber has not met most of the Chamber's inhabitants formally, she has only watched them from afar - setting things ablaze, killing rabbits, etc. only for Straia to put out the fire, proverbial one's too. With her growing to her own adulthood her priorities are slightly different now and her mind is not so simple in it's thought process.

She has no special way of appearing, no rabbit in a hat, simply walks towards the male who has foolishly just walked to the center. She knows the Raven's see him but she will be the one to get to him first. Her hips sway gently as she moves towards him, no reason to rush and she watches for others - particularly Warship since he's had a recent knack of interrupting. "You are foolish for running into a kingdom, unguarded with talks of war happening. What is your name?" she says, her voice is sultry but her tone is almost scolding, "I'm Kimber, be glad I'm the one who found you or you might have already been set on fire or eaten."

In any other kingdom, that would have been likely a joke but not in the Chamber, that was all too real of a possibility.

k i m b e r

Much as he had expected, it doesn’t take long for a member of the Chamber to find him.

He eyes the blue mare with some interest as he approaches, red eyes inspecting the stranger’s odd colouration. He’s been rather isolated growing up, due to his mother’s prisoner status and her own wretched meddling, and he hasn’t seen many horses, let alone blue ones. He hadn’t even known that horses could come in blue.

His interest, however, shuts down the moment she opens her mouth.

His mouth hardens into a thin line, and if he’d had eyebrows, they would have been sky high. You are the fool here.” Did she not even bother to use her nose? They’ve never met of course, but she should be able to scent the Chamber on him. “I live here. I have for my entire life.” He wants to reach out and give her a good nip - maybe that would put some sense into her - but he thinks better of it. No need to escalate the situation … not yet anyway.

“And if anyone tried to set me on fire or eat me I daresay they would have had to contend with your queen, considering my mother is a captive here.” Not that he believes being the son of a captured queen gives him any special status. It just means that, if they were to eventually kill him, the raven queen would likely want it done very specifically, in such a way that sends a message. Not by some idiot member of the kingdom that can’t keep their shit together.

Of course, they’d be foolish to kill him really. Considering he’s so willing to join their ranks and walk in his father’s footsteps. If only Gryffen were here to mentor Zayn himself.

“I am Zayn. And I would like to join the ranks.” ‘If you can get your head out of your ass,’ he almost adds. This mare is not boding well for the intelligence of Chamber members.

Z A Y N

when the lone wolf dies, the pack survives

Art by Adam S Doyle

Kushiel liked funny things. He liked especially liked it when people did funny things. The more absurd the better. Gryffen had always been good for a laugh. Usually, the laughs the Master of Whispers invoked were of the uncomfortable kind. But hey, Kushiel hadn’t held that against him. Uncomfortable laughter was better then none. There was that one time, when the white stallion had violated the Gate’s queen they kidnapped. That laughter had been very, very uncomfortable. So uncomfortable in fact, that Kushiel was disappointed he hadn’t been able to witness the family reunion when the resulting spawn was born.

Apparently, this was a day of second chances. The boy was all grown up, it would seem, and prowling around. Truly, it was impossible to miss who the boy’s father was. White coat, red eyes. Who else could that possibly be? Of course, Kimber seemed to not have gotten the memo. The gray stallion chuckled heartily, catching their conversation as he approached. As he had hoped, it was already hilarious. This was going to be excellent. Unafraid of interrupting a conversation already in progress, Kushiel casually sidled up beside them. He looked the boy over with a wide smile.

“If anyone set you on fire, they would have to contend with me. Fire is my territory.” Kushiel grinned roguishly, laughing at his own, rather poor joke. It was true, however, most of the fire setting around here was done by him. His smile turned to Kimber, inviting her to share the joke though it was rather bad.

After a moment of self congratulatory laughter, Kushiel turned his attention back to the boy. He was still young, but hey, kids were the future, right? As far as the stallion was concerned, it was better to start them young, when their minds were still moldable. The real question, however, was what caste the Gryffen hatchling intended to join. Kushiel had no use for solider boys. Better let Warship deal with them. Soldiers were all alike and almost always boring. Gryffen however, was not boring, so perhaps there was some hope for his son yet.

“So, kid, if I don’t set you on fire what caste did you want to join?” Despite what your mommy may have told you, there was a wrong answer to this question. Maybe, if he didn’t choose Kushiel’s, they could go find Shaytan and let her eat him. After all, they couldn’t turn Kimber into a liar.