• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This lust, a vampyric addiction

Nymphetamine stumbled through the forest, he had been in Chamber for months before he left this time. The draw of its ash infused atmosphere encircled him like a drug. And he was addicted. When he was in Chamber all other things melted away, he got lost in the movements of the half-mad members of the kingdom. He got drunk of the feeling of invincibility- they were unstoppable.  Nymphetamine stumbled into a tree. He wasn't for sure when he and Chamber became "we," but it had. He also wondered why he wasn't able to walk straight, Chamber isn't toxic- so why does he feel so odd? Anxiety? A spell? Maybe he should talk to someone. Or maybe he is just losing his mind- a mental break due to stress. He stumbled around some more; the invisible raven gifted to him as his ever unannounced chaperone fluttered on his back, a sign of its disapproval.  Nymphetamine just bumped his hip harder against a tree in return, stupid bird. 

The blood bay had to get his head clear- he had work to do, work that he could do in this state. So he had stumbled here, in hopes to find a way to pass the time as he sobered. Each breath of clear air filtered out the soot, and brought back a fraction more of clarity. It  was an odd thing to be him- and he did't know if he wanted to continue to be him, or at least him in this job- but he had gone and done a thing, rashly- and it would continue until it was done- or he was killed. So for now, he waited, and wandered, stumbled and laughed at the invisible raven that no one could see. 

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    She remembered this place from before. The deep shadows which blanketed the undergrowth, the old tree trunks with their branches that creaked and whispered words indistinguishable yet no doubt bore secrets untold and yet sought. Those unspoken whispers had told her to come back, to explore and to discover. And as she had travelled with the companionship of her two young friends to the Gates, Illae had made a promise to herself and to the forest, that she would return when she could.

That day had come. And Illae lingered beneath the creaking branches of one of the old giants, her nose pressed against the moss covered surface of a gnarled root twisted out of the earth. The moss was soft and she breathed in its curious scent and wondered how such a thing could grow in such a place.

Thump

Illae twitched an inquisitive ear towards the noise. It sounded wrong, and not something intoned within the naturalness of the forest.

Thud

She lifted her delicate head, the moss disregarded when she realised there was something else strange lurking between the tree trunks. And because the thrill of discovering something new was too big a draw, Illae stepped away from the shadow of her tree, and moved be it with curiosity or foolishness towards the sounds.

She moved as silently as she could, each hoof-fall placed carefully on the patches of earth free from leaf or twig. Although soon enough from her own carelessness or perhaps from the annoying incoordination of her growing limbs, a twig snapped beneath her weight, and with a wince of disappointment, Illae knew her game was up. And yet, perhaps that didn’t matter, for as she rounded another tree close to the noise, she discovered a young stallion who seemed so unaware that she began to wonder if her effort and game of being as silent as a tree shadow had been wasted on him…

Illae thought yes. And she moved towards him with intent and wearing the disappointed scowl she could remember her mother had always worn when she had returned to the herd covered in mud. “You’re disturbing everything.” She informed him matter-of-factly, her frown becoming pointed. She breathed in a whiff of him, his strange scent becoming embedded within her nostrils. There was something about that scent she didn’t like, something that almost felt like it could choke the life out of a horse if it became too strong. “You smell odd.” She said, her voice trembling with her curiosity rather than any fear. “Why?”

In. Out. In. Out. Each breath brought clarity, cleared the haze that was the lodged in him. He would be lying if he said all that Chamber had to offer wasn't enough to distract him from his original mission. Nymphetamine continued is sloppy journey through the woods, his motions a tiny bit more controlled, but still mostly askew. He had gone by only a few more trees. The blood bay bumped and scrapped against them, his hip bleed slightly a mere irritation which forced him to draw in a sharp breath. It was then that he heard the sharp crap of a twig. He was instantly alert, well as alert as he could be. He lifted his nose to catch the scent, slightly familiar, who knew it just couldn't place it.

A moment later, the source of the scent came forth, a younger fae, black, curious eyes. She spoke coarsely to him, chastising him. He let his head flop over to her, his eyes spoke his indifference for him, but he let his raspy baritone voice fall just the same. "Well, who made you the the forest's keeper? You're awfully young to be so important." Nymphetamine's words were clear, perks of not being truly drunk. The young stag continued to walk, brushing past the young girl, who asked why he smelled odd. Well she was just a delight, now wasn't she? It was then that he placed her scent, Gates. He knew better to speak of that though, there was too much at stake. "I smell odd? No, I smell of the Chamber; Chamber smells of fire, do you not like it? I find it lovely. Who are you and why do you talk like you have authority over someone you know nothing about? I could be a King for all you know.

Of course Nymphetamine was not a king, he held royal lines, but not to anyone in Beqanna. So here, he was nothing more than a minion. A minion with his own secrets like most others. But he cared not. He continued to walk slowly, glancing behind him to see if the lass came with. If she didn't- oh well, and if she did maybe she'd learn a little something along the way.

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]