• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm so excited, delighted - Magnus, any

felinae
    I'm so excited, delighted. I won't deny it or fight it.

Her life had always been incredibly easy. First with her mother in the meadow, which she had only left to visit the Deserts once in an attempt to find her father. When that had turned out as wasted time, she hadn’t found the horse that carried the name Felidae, she had returned to the meadow. By then her mother was long gone, disappeared to other lands or maybe Alausi had died in some dark and silent corner. Felinae simply didn’t know and also didn’t really care. Sure she had loved her mother, like any child did, but they both had their own lives and if her mother didn’t want to share hers with her blue daughter, it wouldn’t be something for the bluish mare to trouble herself about.

Then Zeik had walked in her life, causing unknown feelings to surface and she had willingly left the meadow the finally belong somewhere, with someone. You could call it love at first sight, both attracted to each other. Besra was the perfect example of the outcome. Their blue roan daughter carried her mother’s blue in her mane and tail, she was sweet and caring like her mother, but wise like her father. Yet Felinae didn’t get the chance to spend much time at Zeik’s side. Gryffen had torn them apart, forcing Felinae to live in his herd, a year of captivity. She had missed her mate dearly, her heart torn in between the longing for him and the anger for the fact he so easily gave up. But if he hadn’t done that she wouldn’t have met Minette. Min had turned out to be a true friend and together they had left that dreadful place in an attempt to give their girls and themselves a better future.

Felinae now knows about hardship, about the darker sides of life. She has been forced to grow up, even though Min had always been there to help her through it all. And the cobalt blue roan mare was pretty sure she wouldn’t have been able to do so without her gray friend’s help. Now she has Zeik back, her daughter safely at her side but able to grow up in a careless and better way. She has found peace again, the good things in life. But she has also come to realise that there is more in life and that she wants to get more out of this life. And that was exactly why she was looking for Magnus.

When thinking about the buckskin winged male she can only smile. She is happy for her friend to have found someone that loves her like she deserves, even though neither of them had told her anything about that, she could so easily see it. Next to that he had helped them get away from Gryffen, he had made it possible for them to create a brighter future. And now Felinae hoped that he could help her. ”Magnus” she greets him,  soft smile upon her lips. She dips her head slightly, hesitating for a moment. She isn’t really sure yet how she should voice out her thoughts. ”I.. I want to do something for the kingdom, for others..” she starts off, her eyes searching his again. ”I mean, like you and the Gates helped us get away from Gryffen. I want to do such a thing for others too.” She doesn’t look away, trying to read anything from his expressions. She hadn’t discussed this thing with Zeik and she isn’t sure if he would like it for her to become active within the kingdom. After all, she had only been a herdmare and before that she had even been homeless without any purpose. It isn’t a feeling of debt that drives her, but the will to do good for somebody else. And she hopes that Magnus will be able to help her do that.

[Image: felinae_zpsxzrcory8.gif]

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

If anyone is to understand a sense of debt driving actions, it is Magnus. He had never truly loved the Gates—not at first, at least. Instead, he had loved the gentle-smiled mare who had called it home and who had loved it; and he had decided to love it for her. He had put aside his own desires (dark and tangled as they were) for her, and he had poured himself wholeheartedly into the kingdom—giving it his everything. Eventually, he had failed the kingdom, some would say failed it spectacularly, and the guilt was corrosive.

When he had found himself washed up on the shores of the beach, saltwater spitting from his lungs, it had not taken him long for his internal compass to point him here once more. It had not taken him long for a sense of debt to drive him into work for the kingdom once more—throwing himself into recruiting and building alliances and watching over Mast’s flock quietly at night out of a sense of debt to Joelle.

Time and again, he would love this kingdom because he loved her.

Of course, he does not think of any of this when Felinae finds him. All he sees is the brightly colored mare who had been brave enough to escape that morning with the children and Minette. He had been keeping loose tabs on her during her stay in the kingdom, watching during his daily aerial patrols as he was wont to do, but he had not yet had a one-on-one conversation with her. He had not yet checked in personally, and so he is glad when she initiates it on her own, smiling gently as she approaches.

“Felinae,” he greets warmly, reaching over to nudge her shoulder with his inky muzzle. “I am glad to see that you are doing well.” It does not take her long through to reveal the true purpose of the conversation, and his expression grows more somber, lips pressing together in thought. “I think that is a noble goal, Felinae, and if you were to do that under the Gates name, we would be proud of it.” He considers her for a moment, gold eyes burning, before asking, “Are you thinking you would like to join our peace caste?”

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

felinae
    I'm so excited, delighted. I won't deny it or fight it.

She too didn’t love the Gates, not yet at least. In her heart the cobalt blue roan mare still longed for the Misty Rapids. It was the first place she had ever truly felt at home and she had felt peaceful and content with Zeik at her side. He had joined her and their daughter in the Gates too, but it wasn’t the same as it was before. They had decided to stay and Felinae was more than happy with her lover agreeing, but she would be a fool to not see the changes. She would have to learn how to love the Gates, but more than that she wanted to help others. To help others and to fulfil a purpose in her new home.

Felinae is honestly thankful for what he had done for them. Without Magnus they probably had still been in the wolf’s claws, living in his terror reign and fear to consume them. Yes, she was afraid of the winged and red eyed male, but she didn’t want to continue to cower in fear. With their escape from the mountains a new chapter in her life had started, surrounded by those she honestly cared for and loved. And Magnus was the one to help her with that.

A warm smile spreads on her lips and she reaches out to briefly brush her muzzle across his shoulder too. ”It’s impossible to not do well in such a wonderful place, with those I care for near to me.” She feels comfortable around him, which might be like that because of his relationship with Minette, whatever that exactly was.

However, that doesn’t stop her from getting somewhat shy and hesitant when their conversation grows more serious. Felinae knows that she lacks experience, knowledge too, as she had spent her youth in solitude and a part of her adult life in captivity. She smiles and cannot feel but to help somewhat fluttered, glad to learn that the Gates would accept her in such way. The bluish mare moves her gaze away for a short second, looking over the kingdom before meeting his eyes again. ”I.. Don’t know what that is..” she admits with lump in her throat. ”This whole kingdom thing is new to me, what does it mean to join the peace caste?”

@[Mast]

Since Laura did poof, do you mind stepping in? Maybe he has overheard them or something and decides to join and meet her? Since they don't know each other yet xD. And it has been quite a while since Feli and Minette were rescued from Gryffen Tongue
    I like her to be active in the Gates ^^.