• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

baruch attah adonai [sinder]

What kind of Queen would she be if she did not secure favors for something this big? What he asks for isn’t that simple. Because she rules the Desert, and because she is generally overly kind and loving, they take her for some sort of pushover, someone to be plied with niceties, but never truly respected.

If he were to ask any other magician, they too would claim a price. So he needs to stop whining, ‘cause Yael is the nicest one around, and what she’s going to ask for isn’t that big of a deal. Greedy little brats. Nevertheless, she waits to see what he will think of, musing along with him. What did she want?

Ahhh… not too shabby, Seender. Really. It was a good stab. But it needed a little tweaking. I do not t’ink my cheeldren vill take ze t’rone. I am going to make eet an open competeetion. So… eenstead, you vill xaf a one-time aid rekirement. Should any of t’em need xelp, zey need only ask eet of you, and you vill do eet. And zen you ahr free of obleegation. Xoomever ahsks first. Vhatever zey ahsk. Yes?”

She chooses this moment to finally appear before him, waiting for his response. Really, he was getting a pretty damn good deal. A lifetime of speaking for a single favor, spread amongst six children.

Yael, the desert’s golden queen