• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

its in my roots, in my veins - ALL KINGDOM
    Star 

there was something in the water, now that something's in me

i can't go back, but the reeds are growing out of my fingertips

Texas has waited for more than six months, and he is done waiting. The Dazzling Waterfall has continued its quiet little existence with no noticeable difference. The land is unaware that there has been a change in leadership, and Texas knows that it never will. Shatter Me had asked if he would rule with Tyrna by his side, and he had agreed, if only to appease the silver mare. But it has been too long, and with Texas as lacksadaisical as he already is, the existence of a non-existent queen is nothing more than a target on the already tiny defense of the Falls.

There is no army but the bay king, and while he has no pipe dream of expanding the Falls into a military power, he also has no intention of allowing the kingdom to become a laughingstock.

Standing in the middle of the kingdom, Texas calls out for the residents of the small kingdom. They are so few - himself, Ygritte, that buckskin stallion sheś been spending time with. He is expecting no great turnout, but for the announcement he has planned it is best that the kingdom be assembled. Though the lanky stallionś mind is already made up, there are advantages to allowing the others to voice their thoughts as well.

When they are gathered beside the crashing falls, the noise of them great enough to deter any visible listening ears, he greets them with nods and brief smiles and speaks.

“For those that don know me, Iḿ Texas, the king. Shatter Me appointed her daughter Tyrna, as Queen, but given her absence in the kingdom I no longer feel that she should occupy the position. Does anyone disagree?” He gives them a moment, fairly certain of their responses, but willing (or at least appearing to be willing) to listen to those who might disagree. “That said, the Falls has always done well with two leaders. I´ve ben considering the possibility of holding a competition, open to all mares and stallions in Beqanna, to find another ruler and perhaps a general and ambassador. Current residents will, of course, be given a leg up on their competition.”

There are issues with the idea he has proposed, Texas knows, but he has been musing on this for weeks, and feels he has rebuttals to almost all of them. There is always the possibility though - very slim - that he has missed something, and this is why he has told them of his plans before moving forward with the next step.

texas

ooc: I wrote this on my phone while surrounded by family members askig what Iḿ doing so forgive any weird mistakes!
    T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls

"It's good to see your face." The vocals cross the space between the king and the salmon pointed woman. It had been a long time since she had laid eyes upon the old stag but she was silently relieved that he had not abandoned the Falls. She had beginning to wonder if he were planning to return. It seemed that so few existed in the realm of healing waters even after the young mare had struck out and recruited new faces but they seemed to fade over time, their scent becoming fainter. Amber pools meet the stallion's own with a lively spark in their large vastness. Occuli move to look for her mate Mandan's wonderful bay face as well as Farren's, her newest recruit and friend. It had been some time since Miamore had spoken up and Ygritte frowned slightly at the absence before clearing the shadows from her face and returning her gaze to the king.

Lobes flicker to catch his words of the mare Tyrna. Ygritte had never laid eyes upon her so her removal from the queen's positon did not cause any protest from the mare. A curt nod is given in agreement that she should be removed when Texas gives the remark that it is unjust, unfair. He continues to go one to give details of a competition for the hierarchy seats of the Falls and the delicate mare smiles absentmindedly at this new opprotunity. "I would like to take part in this competition, Texas." Her tones are low but solid with determination. She does not look to anyone else for their approval or distaste but instead takes a pace ahead of the other equines to reinforce her decision, her determination. The mare was young but she believed in the Falls and she believed in herself and her capabilities. Her thoughts drift to the small life that was currently growing in her womb but until Texas announced what the competition consisted of, she would hold her tongue. The woman would not endanger the babe of she and Mandan but perhaps with her diplomatic background Texas would give her a corresponding challenge. Already she loved her little child but she would not allow for herself to appear weakened due to pregnancy unless the competition Texas spoke of consisted of physically demanding activity.

ygritte
    texas&nativity

((lol im impressed you posted on your phone! so ygritte still doesn't know texas is her dad but i imagine he knows. i just figured nativity just never told her so yes, we can approach that however as well eventually.)
    "How eloquently said. Kingship does seem to suit you Texas."

Tyrna strides among their midst like a storm. Her coat gleams gunmetal silver in the paltry sun light accentuating the black of her horns. Her wings had also darkened over the years turning a near black shade. A smirk sits on the corner of her mouth looking at the pair indifferently.

In the weeks then months that she had been gone she had grieved. For Contagion mostly, and her father, and in the end for herself. The days had blurred together while she ran through the woods in her wolf form. As a wolf she didn't have to remember the pain and the anger. She was a cruel beast, the wolf was a cruel beast, and the freedom to terrorize had sated the creature living in her head for awhile. She had met another like herself while she was a predator and together they had hunted and traveled before the breeding season was upon them. Shortly after that they had parted ways and she had returned here.

Tyrna had heard from her mother shortly before her leave of absence about her apparent leadership, but she had disregarded it in place of her own troubles. Now, with a life growing in her belly, she was ready to come home.

She had heard Texas' call from the border and this time she was prepared to answer.

She stands before the new king feeling better than she had in years. She still looked like a demon, but felt like a fallen angel. Tyrna's head is raised confidently as she meets Texas' eyes.

"I know that I have been a sorry excuse for a soldier, and an even sorrier pretense at Queen. But my loyalty to the Falls has never wavered. I would like to put forth my name to compete for the queenship as well. I will earn back the trust that I have betrayed with my absence."
    He has barely been here, hardly more than a day or two, when he hears a stallion summon them with a call that seems to ring out across the land. Mandan has been in the trees again, he likes hanging out there when Ygritte is off doing whatever it is that she does. There is something about the peace the trees afford him, the way sunlight and shadow spin off his fur and do little dances along his back and the paths before him. He likes the quiet there too, where the thunderous noise of the waterfall is diluted to a dull easily forgotten susurrus if he doesn’t think too long on it. It’s not that he thinks the water is too noisy, just that he’s used to open places - like the plains, like the meadow, where the noise flows up and out into the sky and doesn’t seem to bother him, but here it is contained like they are, in their little kingdom and he’s just not used to that - not yet, maybe never, but he’s trying for her, always for Ygritte.

The bay stallion joins them, feeling out of place with the addax horns atop his head, but he nuzzles his mate’s shoulder all the same and settles in comfortably beside her (comfortably meaning that their shoulders touch, he stays in constant contact with her and is comforted by it). He listens to the other bay stallion (the king, he supposes though it goes unannounced but seems to be generally known and accepted) talk of an open competition to horses all over the nation for this position or that. Mandan is perhaps biased but he thinks his salmon-pointed mate would be a good candidate for this queen position, simply because she works tirelessly to see this land thrive and he has smelled her scent all over this place - a scent that is recent amongst so many stale smells of horses he has no names or faces for, and doesn’t really care to. He doesn’t have to say anything though because Ygritte speaks for herself and all he can do is smile from where he stands proud at her side.

A mare comes amongst them, stormy and quick to speak up; he is caught off-guard by the horns on her head and he is instantly excited by the idea of another here like him. Her horns differ from his, being some other species in her genes than the addax in him that produced such long spiraling horns atop his head but he flashes her a quick private grin, like they share a secret the rest of them are not privy to. She talks of earning back her right to be called queen and surprise flashes in his eyes; he does not like his beloved going up against this mare in any capacity but he knows there is a hint of warrior in Ygritte’s build, lovely and lithe as it is, but he spares a thought to their foal growing in her belly and concern mars his face mostly. Really though, he’s curious about the former queen and her horns, and he’s struck by the resemblances in Texas and Ygritte, but he voices nothing - Mandan keeps his thoughts to himself, guarded and close, as he simply stands beside his mate and watches, occasionally nuzzling her neck when he feels like it.

there was something in the water, now that something's in me

i can't go back, but the reeds are growing out of my fingertips

It has never occurred to the bay stallion that Ygritte does not know she is his daughter. Texas had recognized Nativity in her the moment they had met, and while he’s never been the best with dates, her age coincided well enough. She looks like her siblings – Alona, Nadeja, and Svir. Since the bay horse isn’t fond of parenting, he’s never minded that the salmon-pointed mare refers to him as Texas rather than something less frmal. He already has to deal with Sparrow calling him “Mama”; anything less is a blessing.

She doesn’t disagree with his decision and even volunteers to compete. That does not surprise him, and he offers her a pleased smile and a nod. She has been the busy counterpoint to his lack of activity, and he has not missed the life that she has brought to their small kingdom. The next horse to arrive is not one he had expected to see, but he responds to the indifferent smirk on Tyrna’s face with a wry one of his own. When she had been around she’d been an excellent fighter – better now, he thinks, she’d not had those wings and wicked horns before – and while she had not lived up to her mother’s expectations of making a great queen, Texas still thinks that perhaps she someday might. She seems to think so as well, and puts her name into the competition. He nods and tells her that: “It’s good to have you back, Tyrna.”

The stallion that comes to stand beside Ygritte appears to be responsible for the widening of her belly. The thought causes him to glance at Tyrna, and sure enough – it seems the entire female population of the Falls is expecting. That’s rather unfortunate for their army, but at least the conditions are temporary.

“Before the competition though, we should decide where we stand in Beqanna’s politics. For those that don’t know, a war between the Gates and the Chamber is imminent. The Chamber attacked the Gates, killed a child, and kidnapped and raped their queen. The Amazons are siding with the Gates, and the Chamber will probably enlist the aid of the Valley.” He pauses, knowing that there is plenty of information to take in, and then finishes with “The Falls won’t be taking an official side, but if you’re personally inclined to support either side – feel free. If there are no objections, I’d like to offer the use of the Falls to those injured in battle on either side, with the condition that those healed owe us some sort of boon. Does anyone have any objections to that?”

texas

T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls

He hears the call and does not know what it means, but he goes anyways, something in him telling him that such a call was unusual and he should answer said call with his presence. So he hastens to go and soon enough he is there - wherever there is, he is still unsure of what everything is called here - and he is struck by the strength of the stallion before him. The word comes unbidden to his mind - king - and he feels as if he should bow, but as he glances around, he sees that would put him out of place. He trots to Ygritte's unoccupied side, dipping his head to the stallion he has only just met, listening with as much attention as he can muster to this stallion. Texas, his name is, and his mind was right in labeling him as king. He does not understand the politics of a kingdom, so he merely bobs his head slightly to appear as if he really understands exactly what the stallion is staying.
    He talks of kings and queens and ambassadors - whatever those are - and the young stallion is mulling over unfamiliar words when a female voice pipes up from seemingly, out of nowhere. His ears perk towards her, noting the horns perched like a crown on her head - is this the queen he mentions? - and how she is not the only horned equine in the presence of the king. He is suddenly aware of his own strangeness, the tinsel glinting merrily in the corner of his vision, but he ignores it in favor of listening to the conversation. He does not know the backstory that is sure to be right in front of him, but he does not mind, watching the king and queen in an attempt to understand their words and their body language. She seems remorseful for her apparent absence, but determined in her return, and he can admire her tenacity. He cannot speak up, for he has no knowledge of what is happening, so he simply watches the equines in attendance, eyes glancing between Ygritte and Texas, something nagging at him that he does not quite grasp. So he ignores it, and watches the king and queen again. He may not understand politics, but he should try and comprehend what he can.

F A R R E N
    i'll taste the sky and feel alive again

Large dark eyes widen slightly when the appearance of a horned woman moves to breach the grouping of familiar faces that Ygritte knew. She is a pretty silver spotted cloud that seems to drift over the topography, skull high. Ygritte senses her strength but the woman is remorseful, even sad. Lobes flickered forward she speaks catch catch th words of the unknown face and scent.

Tyrna

Lashes fall over the dark eyes and a small frown twists the edges of her lips before she shakes it off and looks back to Texas. The salmon pointed woman can't help but feel a bit disappointed internally because now the old queen shows up with pretty words and a sad story. Stop it. That's not fair. The words flash in her mind and Nativity's voice scolds gently in her ears. The young woman realizes she is being foolish so instead of acting spiteful, the younger female gives a polite nod and a smile to the other. Nativity had taught her better than that and she should act as such.

It is only when Mandan's scent (sandalwood, lavender, and mist on a crisp autumn morning) fills her nostrils does she look to find his handsome face nearing hers and a wide smile lighst up her face. His touch calms her and soothes her, his scent making her dreamy as she buries her face against his cheek before lovingly lipping at his ear. Ygritte does not care who saw for he was her mate, her love. He was a rock that supported her and would be there always even after all the kingdoms came crashing down. They would be a constellation in the sky, embracing and eternal. The bay made her believe again and that she could do anything, be anything. Dark eyes watch as he sees Tyrna and follows his gaze to the horns adorned upon her brow and perhaps deep down the delicate woman feels a twinge of envy. Her gaze returns to Mandan's as Texas speaks, banishing any feelings of envy before she moves her poll close to his to speaks softly. "Do not worry, my love. I will not do anything to harm our little one." Lips brush his cheek tenderly.

"I agree with your decision, Texas." She voices after he has asked for the kingdom's opinion as to opening their borders to either alliance for use of their waters in return for their indebt-ness. Ygritte did not side with either parties involved in the war really but Texas was an old (and sometimes crotchety) soul but his mind was young and sharp. He would not ill advise the Falls residents...hopefully.

When Farren arrives to the kingdom meeting, Ygritte is happy to see the young stallion. "I'm glad you made it." Tones are warm as she offers a small smile. It was good that he has decided to stay and even better that he has attended the kingdom meeting. She watches as he gives a polite greeting to Mandan and as his attention seems to be swallowed by the presence of Texas. Silently, Ygritte thinks perhaps Texas could provide a mentorship to the young male...but that was down the line a bit. Lobes flicker to give Texas he attention once again as she leans against Mandan. Pretty soon their shoulders wouldn't touch, but only their bellies. Ygritte can't help but stifle a chuckled at the thought of a big belly on her small frame but her unborn babe was worth anything and everything and more to Ygritte.

ygritte
    texas&nativity
    As much as she wishes to fully take in and size up the horses present, Tyrna merely glances casually over the trio before returning her attention to Texas. She does not know them, but soon enough she will.

There was a time when she knew everyone in the Falls. When the world was a bright shiny thing for her to take and explore, when the other equines were all friends to be made, when love didn't have a razor edge. The bright eyed little girl had turned cold and guarded. Her eyes more often shining with suspicion than kindness. When she had awoken to find the ravaged body of her love, Tyrna had vowed that she would not let the beast consume her. It's what finally brought her back after the years of self loathing and anger.

The new faces are a good sign for the kingdom, but than again, Texas had always managed to help fix things. The title of King seemed to fit the grizzled old bay quite well, and the sight of him standing before them with dry information and ideas brought a tiny smirk to her lips. He never really changed.

She listens intently to his words, to his plans, and finds herself nodding along in agreement.

"The Falls has always taken a more neutral stance in these situations, so that seems reasonable." She pauses a moment trying to recall vague memories lost to her indifference, "However did we not have an alliance with the Amazons at least, what happens if they call on us for aid? Also what of the Dales? Do we know where they stand in this?"

Tyrna remembers hazy alliances and vague treaties from passing through occasionally between spans of absence. The Amazons were the ones that stuck out most recently in her mind, and they had always been on good terms with the Dales as far as she knew. Either way it didn't particularly matter to her if the Falls were staying out of it anyway.

The only thing that she cared about was that war was imminent, and that brought a vicious grin to her face.