• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

cotton candy {HERDS}

Think sweets, think pink, think me!

Her head hangs low. What appears to be a tear trickles down the ridge of her face. She couldn't stay there, it wasn't the home that just made her fit, that knitt into her being. She almost felt rejected by the land itself there. it just wasn't in her to live in a kingdom, they needed help, and she was lazing about simply doing nothing, being a burden to drag around.

So instead she wanders through the shadows kissing the land goodbye, until she finds the borders. Shaking she looks back once more meloncoly eyes staring into the distance. With a sad smile she remembers the nice mare that assisted her here. Taking her final steps she crosses into the forest wandering away deeper into the darkness. Its days weeks, even months before she finds the sun once more. Still depressed she sighs starring out of the forest borders to the meadow beyond, her pink coat softly glowing in the rim of light peeking through the branches above.

Whatever would happen to her? She felt sort of lost, maybe a little free but still she had come to enjoy the small amount of company there. Maybe she could find the small band of company that would fit her. She wasn't sure. Her tail flicked shifting weight a twig snaps underfoot the birds singing in the trees.

Nixie

He’s had little luck with the mares so far. It’s been both a frustrating and mystifying experience. Who would have thought that it would be so difficult to get a few mares to join his herd? What exactly is he doing wrong to put them off? Is he being too aggressive, or is he simply picking the wrong targets?

He mulls over the problem in his mind as he stands at the edge of the field, red eyes picking through the different horses. The place is busy today, with a wide variety creatures all chatting together, though none of them particularly catch his interest. His eyes skim over most of them, but then they catch and pause on something … bright.

He focuses in, noting a shockingly bright pink coat. It’s a mare. A vibrantly coloured mare, all alone. He doesn’t approach immediately, taking the moment to observe.

The mare seems … down. Depressed. Is that a tear that he sees twinkling on her cheek? How very interesting. Visually interesting, possibly vulnerable … she seems likely a good target. But he’s going to try a different tact this time. Instead of going for the compliments, he’s going to play the concerned stranger. Maybe that will bring him more success.

He approaches cautiously, carefully, stopping at what he believes is a respectful distance away. He adopts a concerned look. “I’m sorry. Are you ok? I don’t mean to intrude but, well, you look upset.”

ZAYN

I'm an ugly mess

daey

if you despise my existence, I hold no grudge but to protect
    those precious to me, I will make no such promises

The pale boy strode through the field, once again his ivory coat had not prepared for the come of winter causing him to be bitterly cold. His pearl tail lashed at the cold as his scarlet eyes wondered about searching through the immense amount of bodies. The field was quite crowded today but, that was like any other day.

The drama in his herd had settled in the rise of the very fragile monarchy he had finally achieved a friendship with both arguing mares. Yet they had to still make a mends to their earlier conversation, resulting in angered tempers and sorrowful feelings. At last both stayed at the top, and would hopefully remain above the others.

Swaying his alabaster body in a casual motion, he found in suprise something very interesting. This boy was a palomino sabanio, nothing too strange about him.... But! He had blood red eyes as he did. Yet he found it was probably genetic for this palomino, Daey had the defect of albinoism. And to the proof that this stallion had a colored coat amazed him.

Striding forwards, the white boy went to conversation. Along with the presence of the Crimson eyed fellow, there was a strawberry pink mare. She seemed filled with sorrow, and he began to feel bad. These were the souls he seeked to bring them refuge, not for his own interests but for theirs.

He stood there quietly, awaiting ting for her to answer the champagne patched male before entering in conversation. As he found the sorrowful sight to bring magenta streaks down her pinkened coat. The poor thing.

Intruding he couldn't help but introduce himself, " Hello, I'm Daey of Forlorn Forest." He felt bad for interrupting but, he felt it would be easier to get to her in f he knew her name. "Care to share a name." His voice was ghastly, his scarred vocal chords sometimes wouldn't allow him to speak as well as he could.

The first one comes, she had forgotten how quickly these things came to pass. First time had been ignorance, this time was pure stupidity on her own part. Distressed as she was she offers a weak smile to the first one. When at better glance she finds that his eyes are a strange hue of red. I'll be ok, I am just finding the irony of my betrayal.As disturbing as it must be for others, for herself she finds it a comfort to look into those eyes. He must know what it is to be the outcast. Must know what it means to be the one starred at.

She steps a little closer to him when the approaching sound of another startles her. Oh here she was doing it again, almost a repeat of her last visit. Bumping and clumsy antics of a nervous wreck. Her pink coat glistens with the light sweat that covered her from the shaky quiver of her muscles. Hiding her face under her bright mane blue eyes flutter shut.

She counts to ten shame washing through her as a wave of voices whisper to her on the wind. She was slowly breaking, slowly the fears were manifesting themselves telling her as the rest of the world, what a personafication of horror she is. The other stallion speaks up and seems to be a bit intimidating.

She glances through her mane breaths rising the wispy strands before letting them fall back in place. Teasing glances of terror filled eyes glinting through the bright color. Nixie Her voice strung with the nervous energy, his sending cold shivers down her spine. Her will bent and caving to the demands of others. She shrinks back into a shadow of the dripping willow, the comfort of the vines coiling agianst her skin allowing her a moment of peace. What brings you two here? Well it was the least she could do for these two, since they did come out of their way to check up on her.

Sorry you had to see that, nervous habbit. I'm not good company to keep. maybe she would explain at some point at the moment to much guilt smeared itself on her soul.

Nixie

OOC: Sorry that took so long to get up ><

He is instantly pleased with her response towards him. She is the first mare to not immediately regard him with some suspicion. Either she is more stupid than the others, or he is simply getting better at his act.

His red eyes widen earnestly at her words and he blinks at her, seemingly concerned. “Betrayal? What do you … oh, I’m sorry. I won’t pry. That’s not fair when we’ve only just met.” He takes note of the way that her eyes do not shy away from his. How very promising - so many are disturbed by their red colour.

The sound of approaching hooves catches his ear and her turns to look at the newcomer, hiding the annoyance that immediately rears its head. He’d hoped to tackle this girl alone, but it seems that it will never be that easy for him. There will always be competition.

He does spare a passing thought for the stallion’s appearance though. The stranger is a striking, pale white, with a set of red eyes to match Zayn’s own. How very interesting. He’s never met another with red eyes before. He wonders briefly if the stallion is a relation before dismissing the thought - he looks nothing like his mother’s descriptions of his father.

He keeps up the act, nodding politely at the stallion and offering a pleasant smile. “Pleased to meet you Daey. My name is Zayn.” But, ever the appearance of a concerned gentleman, his attention quickly returns to the pink mare.

Much to his elation (which he hides, of course), she actually seems to be more afraid of the pale stallion than of himself. Even better, she seems to be suffering from some sort of anxious fit - sweating, hiding her face and retreating into the shadow of a nearby tree.

He takes a tentative step forward, showing concern, but still keeping a respectful distance. He doesn’t want to push too hard and scare her off. “Pleased to meet you Nixie.” He lets his gaze drop awkwardly, as if slightly nervous himself, then lifts his red eyes to seek out her blue ones. “To be completely honest I came to the field to see if I could find any mares to join my herd. But then I saw you and …” He lets his voice falter. “I … I just wanted to make sure you were ok. But I’ve just gone and made it worse haven’t I. I’m sorry.”

She apologizes herself and he takes another step forward, letting all of his words come out in a rush. “Oh! Please don’t apologize!” Then, as if realizing his outburst, he steps back awkwardly and hangs his head a little - the perfect picture of an awkward, but polite and sincere stallion. Now he just needs to wait for her response to see if she bought it.

ZAYN

I'm an ugly mess

I am so, SO, sorry, I forgot about this thread. I'm so sorry for the wait. D:

SShe hides her face under the pink mane. <No no you deserve to know. She pauses for a second before looking up at him. Yes you could probably say that she is stupid. But that is beyond the point, maybe desperate. Desiring something more than fear in her life. All she knows is he looks as if he could understand her plight. I mean PINK! Really?? Who would think that a horse could be entirely pink. Its like a sign that says stare at me. I'm here, I want attention. When really all she desired is to blend in. I was offered a home in the falls, but... but... I left. I can't do what they want of me. Her voie quivers, how could she be so stupid, they were so nice to her. Why couldn't she help them just as they had helped her?

It made no sense to the mare. Now another approaches and he is intimidating, going and demanding things from her. They drole on, conversation meandering this way and that way untill she is offered a home once again. Nice to meet you both.

Panick rises in her chest, she would mess this one up too. She is sure of it. There is no chance that she would ever be anything more then a coward in the shadows. Are you sure that you want to do that? After all I did ditch my last home. She quakes with fear of rejection, but it would be better than dissapointing him later on. She shifts as he steps away from her. Her side feeling the jolt of cold air against her skin in the absence of his body heat. She is alone once more standing in scrutiny of the two horses.

Would Daey try to hurt her? She couldn't be sure. She hoped not. But this other one. Zayn seemed nice, seemed to be gentle. Maybe that is just wishful thinking on her part. She has no idea.

Nixie

@[Tinsel]