• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

of the old gods - vyx
    this will never end, ‘cause i want more, more, give me more
    Lagertha’s found that the Valley is a nice place to go when you want some serious alone time. Or you want to be sneaky and conniving, but let’s just go with alone time. Cause we all know how much she hates others. She should probably be eating more, anyway, considering she’s all muscle and from looking at other expectant mothers, she figures she should be a little fatter. Ugh.

The General can’t wait to birth the little sucker. Mostly because she wants to get back into training mode. Partially because she is eager to see what Tiphon does (she’s personally betting on him choosing his own kin, but hey, you never know). Slightly because it’ll be a new experience, which is both exciting and terrifying at the same time. So there she is, munching away like a fucking cow (because that’s what pregnant women do), when she hears some screaming rabbits and looks over with curiosity. A fox darts out what she assumes to be rabbit’s warren and she can’t help but think survival of the fittest. No surprise there. Life and Death.

What does surprise her is to see a horse there the next time she looks over. Huh. Another shifter. Rhy had that lioness thing going, so why shouldn’t there be other types of shifters? She is colorful, like… oh yes. Something dings in her mind when she was recruiting with Brunhild at Nera’s orphanage. She never caught the filly’s name, and in the mess of cosmically colored children, she would have been hard pressed to keep them straight anyway. As if it were the most natural thing in the world, Lagertha says rather loudly, “Nice trick.”

She turns to face the young mare, displaying her thorn and vine breastplate and the tell-tale nose guard that she would have had at the information session. “Have all of Nera’s kids grown up now?”

lagertha
    carnage x grim reaper; amazonian general
    The waddling, pregnant mare doesn’t surprise Vyx, but she doubted she meant too anyway. There isn’t many things you can sneak up on when you’re swaying around, twice your size with a greedy gut full of responsibility and regret. Vyx doubted she would ever want children, her time in Nera’s makeshift orphanage had planted that seed. Annoying, selfish, mean-spirited little creatures – children were. No, Vyx would do just fine without ever birthing one of those needy little shits.

But she had learned things there too, like how unnoticeable a little black fox in the grass is between two scheming, plotting horses. Vyx had an ear for these things, you see, two actually. And she didn’t mind stirring the pot every once and again, planting tidbits of information in her “sibling’s” ears that could have only been uttered in confidence. Hey, a girl’s got to have her fun.

“The ones who mattered, anyway, she replies silkily, teacup black ears swiveling atop her Arabian face as her eyes slide across Lagertha heavily. She remembered the mare from when all the monarchs had come to speak (aka recruit) the horde of abandoned brats. She had certainly looked important then – that hadn’t changed, but nonetheless she ignores the quip about her ‘trick’ and says, “my name’s Vyx.”
    this will never end, ‘cause i want more, more, give me more
    Oh trust me, Lagertha isn’t thrilled about having one of those needy little shits pop out of her either, but a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do. Political support and potential alliances and all that jazz.

Vyx might understand someday.

The mare’s response tells Lagertha all she needs to know about her. She’s one of the ones who knows who is important and who isn’t. She’s one of the ones who might find the current political atmosphere very interesting. She’s one of the one’s like herself… ambitious, blunt… foxy (yeah, she went there) and smart. Everyone grew up eventually, all that mattered was what you did with that life. “I’m Lagertha.” She looks at the girl and briefly sprouts a bush of thick thorned roses around her chest, bringing the twisting tattoos to a short, florally life. “I can do fun things too… Look. I don’t suppose you’re interested in the Jungle, are you? I could use someone smart and with your particular talents in the army. Its members are pretty fucking pathetic right now.”

No offense to Pomona, of course. She had promise, just not the same desire Lagertha kept kindling beneath her breast.

lagertha
    carnage x grim reaper; amazonian general