• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and inside you're burning (zayn)

And inside you're burning
    with some secret yearning

In the blink of an eye, her life had changed irrevocably. She had woken up in a strange land, with strange memories stirring in her head. She had met strange creatures and fought great battles. Strange magic had held her within its grasp, had left her with a piece of it in her breast. And then she had been dumped unceremoniously back in her own world, in an old life that now seemed to fit her too tightly, like sweater that had shrunk in the sun.

It is time to shed that sweater, to shed that life. She knows this, but she does not know how. The Dale is all she knows. Her sister’s sweet smile, covering a once broken body. Her golden friend who had gone from death to life. This is all she has known in her young life her. Or at least, all she had known until new magic had plucked her from her cozy life and deposited her in a foreign land to fight the battles of others.

But she is here now, once again, feeling oddly bereft. As though her life is missing something it once had held. But that cannot be, for she has everything she has ever had. She has wanted for nothing in her life. But in that other life, the one worlds away, that had been different. She had been different. She had had a husband, children. But she had been lonely, so very lonely. She remembers that sensation all too clearly. It leaves a chill in her spine, a distinct dissatisfaction in her soul.

So she is here, weaving through the dense trees and picking her way across a carpet of leaves and needles, trying to find that which is missing. It is the dead of night, her only solace in this time of uncertainty. Starlight glitters across her lovely red and teal coat, a beacon in the night, shading the scars slicing her cheek, scars that even now are fading to muted hues of red and green. She doesn’t believe that she will find what she is searching for here, but she has to try. At the very least, she has to try.

Lirren

starlit daughter of joythief and carnage

html c insane | pic c laura-ferreira.deviantart.com

@[Zayn]

He’s been feeling rather bored lately. The Chamber is quiet at the moment, building its power for the looming battle. And the Mourning Mountains … the Mourning Mountains are disappointing. He still has yet to bring another mare into his little herd, and it’s beginning to frustrate him. What kind of herd stallion is he if he barely has any mares?

Had his father experienced these sort of difficulties? He doubts it. From what he knows of Gryffen, the stallion hadn’t let anything get in his way. If he’d wanted something, he’d simply gone out to get it.

And yet Zayn is having so much trouble doing that exact same thing.

Today he’s decided to, momentarily, give the field a rest. He’s tired of being spurned by foolish little mares that run off to other kingdoms with the tiniest offer. Instead, he’s come to the forest to … he’s not exactly sure what.

He weaves his way through the trees, enjoying, for once, the quiet and the dark. He doesn’t meet anyone and for a while thinks that he must be alone in the woods. Who else would risk this place in the dead of night after all?

But then, as he rounds a particularly large oak, something moves in a weak ray of starlight. A mare.

How fortuitous.

He stays still for a moment, watching. She’s rather a pretty thing - red, with fetching teal points. And, most unusually, marked with green and red scars on her cheek. How very interesting.

His curiosity is peaked and finally he steps forward, red eyes peering out of the gloom. He probably strikes a creepy figure with his bright red eyes and pale coat, but he doesn’t intend her any harm. Not yet anyway. He just wants to know why such a beautiful young thing is walking around by herself in the woods in the dead of night. “Hello there. What brings you to the forest so late at night?”

ZAYN

I'm an ugly mess

Arrgh not the best post, but it's a start.

She does not see him at first, so caught up in her own musings as she is. Her mind is distant as her feet carry her through the trees without thought or direction. But then the pale stallion appears before her, as though from nowhere, causing her languid stride to cease abruptly. Her silvery eyes fix on his, luminescent in the light of her stars. Her long locks brush against her slender neck, sparkling even the black of the forest night. She rather enjoys the way her skin glitters, even on the blackest of nights. The stars cling to her, caressing her skin as a lover might, a bright and beautiful magic only she can conjure.

She wonders if he notices. The man in that other world had so rarely noticed her. Those dark emotions engendered by this terrible other world sit heavily within her breast, urging her to things she might once never have dreamed of.

She notices the glow of his red eyes, but she cares little about such trappings. Such things are terribly commonplace, even in her small world. She had spent her youth playing with a girl half-made, skin re-knitting over flesh. This man hardly compares.

She steps nearer, silvery eyes softly curious. His words register then, bringing a small, amused smile to her teal lips. ”Is it really so late?” she asks, her musical voice soft in the night air. ”I had thought it rather early.”

In truth, the night is her day. She spends her nights languishing beneath the light of her beloved stars, admiring their quiet beauty until the sun rises and chases them away into slumber. During the day she sleeps, warm and cozy beneath the rays of the sun until the stars once again blink to life in the fading light of the day.

She does not tell him this however. Instead she smiles sweetly, her lids falling to shade the telling depths of her bright gaze. ”I am Lirren,” she offers after a momentary pause. ”What might I call you?”

Lirren

He is drawn to her in a way he had not expected. In a way that he has never experienced.

As her silver eyes turn towards him his eyes caress her body, noticing for the first time the way that the starlight plays and dances across her red coat. Like a moth to the flame he takes a step forward, momentarily entranced.

Her soft, musical voice breaks his reverie and his red eyes jerk upwards to meet her own. A soft chuckle manages to escape his lips. “Quite the night owl then, aren’t you?” He takes another step towards her, then another, eyes fixed upon hers. “Or perhaps that’s the wrong term. Truly you are … indescribable.” She is nothing like the other mares that he’s come across in the field - she has nothing of their flightiness, their foolishness. And she is very, very far removed from his pathetic excuse of a mother.

He smiles in spite of himself. This is so unlike him, this fixation. Or at least, this fixation on another horse, rather than a goal. It is more than emotion though … more of a pull. A need.

He must make her his.

“Lirren.” He tastes the name, rolling it around in his mouth. A unique name to suite a unique creature. “I am Zayn.”

He steps forward yet again, reaching out his neck to inhale her heady scent. He stops just short of touching her dazzling coat. “Tell me, Lirren. Do you belong to anyone?” He draws his head back, eyes boring into hers. It does not matter, truly, if she is already spoken for.

After tonight, she will belong to him.

ZAYN

I'm an ugly mess

She rather enjoys the way his red gaze dances across her skin, sending shivers skittering across the delicate flesh. Her smile deepens as he steps closer, a halting, involuntary step. She has always known that she is beautiful. It would be impossible not to know. Too many have told her that it is so for her to be ignorant of the fact.

No, what is uncommon is her own views on beauty. She is beautiful, yes, but there is beauty in everything. There is beauty in the sun and stars as much as there is in the dirt beneath her feet. One only has to look to see it. And she looks. She is always looking.

And she is learning. Has already learned so much, even in her few short years.

His words elicit a low laugh from her teal lips, an echo to his own. Night owl is an accurate description, if slightly understated. ”Oh yes,” she says simply, gaze following him as he moves closer. Close enough to touch. She presses even nearer, red skin only a breath from his pale form as she matches his intense scrutiny.

”And you, sir, are a flatterer.” Her words are light and teasing, the humor and pleasure in her tone clearly audible. She might call his bluff, but that does not mean she does not enjoy that very flattery immensely. No woman could ever be displeased when called indescribable.

Do you belong to anyone? His intimate question rings clearly in her ears, giving her a moment’s hesitation. She had never truly considered the question before, having never had the need to. She had come from the Dale, but does she belong there? Somehow, she thinks not. Instead she says simply ”Only to myself.”

Let him make of that what he would.

Lirren

He can sense her unfurling before his gaze, revelling in the touch of his eyes upon her starlit coat. It’s gratifying to actually have a mare enjoy his attentions for once - too many have shied away from his unsettling blood red eyes.

She chuckles at his words - a response he’s never managed to elicit from a female before - and suddenly he feels almost … charming. Desirable. Quite unlike the angry, bitter creature he often is.

He smiles at her, and while he cannot remove the ever present edge to his grin, it is more genuine a smile than has ever graced his face. “Ah, but I only speak the truth. You are … something else.” Not the most eloquent compliment perhaps, but it’s more truth than most ever get from him.

He finds her fascinating, wonderful, but he does not truly understand this pull he feels towards her. Oh he’s felt the need to posses - he’s already claimed Liselle, Raincloud, and foolish Becca - but with this mare it’s something more. An infatuation.

He steps forward, dangerously close, and reaches out with his pale gold muzzle. Tentatively, he touches the soft, starry cheek, and trails his muzzle down to her neck. Then, breathlessly, he raises his lips to her ear to whisper. “What would you do if I claimed you for myself?”

He fully expects her to pull away (all the mares always do, and he does not expect her to be that different from them), so he stays, muzzle pressed against her red coat, enjoying the feel of her while he still can. He is momentarily blind to all else, and it has nothing to do with the starlight in her coat dazzling his eyes.

ZAYN

I'm an ugly mess

If you don't like what he's doing, just let me know and I can change it. Smile

Also, Lirren makes Zayn very weird, haha. Very different from what he's usually like. Big Grin

A thrill shudders through her at his scrutiny, at the smile that tugs his lips upwards with a dangerous edge. She had lived such a staid and boring life for the first years of her youth. Until a great and terrible force had pulled her into another world, had charged her with becoming savior or destroyer. She had chosen to be a savior, but that had little to with the goodness of her character. She can only be described as a truly neutral. No, the choice had been made solely because it was the path that had benefited her the most.

But he is an entirely new adventure. She could never return to that that dull and listless life she had led before. That is why she had come here. And he had complied so beautifully, falling perfectly in line with her plans. He had come bearing the excitement she so craves. That he bears a harder, more dangerous edge only adds to the allure.

A brilliant smile curves her lips as his draw against her flesh, pale gold against bright crimson. She does not flinch from his touch, does not retreat from that soft caress. Instead she leans into him, teal lids shuttering silver eyes as her half-lidded gaze fixes onto him. Her own blue muzzle presses into him, an echo of his touch, inching across his skin with small, almost tender nibbles.

His words evoke an entirely different, and altogether primal, response within her. She stills, remaining pressed against him as she considers his question with careful deliberation. Finally she withdraws, silvery gaze seeking out his red one as a small, mysterious smile toys with the corners of her lips. ”Oh Zayn,” she finally breathes, words escaping on softly amused tones. ”Do you think you could hold me to you forever?”

Lirren

Somehow, against all his expectations, she doesn’t pull away. Instead she leans into his touch, blinking at him through teal-lidded eyes. Her muzzle presses into his pale gold coat, his skin electric where her teeth nibble gently at his flesh.

He feels suddenly emboldened, wild … like the world is his for the taking. Or perhaps more importantly, that she is his for the taking. For a time, anyway. But with a creature like her, some time is better than no time at all.

“No, I don’t think I could.” His red eyes seek out her own grey ones, trying to read (unsuccessfully) the wildness within. “No matter how much I might wish to.” He’d squirrel her away to the Mountains if he could, hide her away in the caves like he’s done with his other precious possessions. He’d keep her to himself, forever and always.

But starlight cannot exist in a cave.

“But I will hold on to you now, for as long as I can.” He reaches back out, even as she steps away, golden muzzle seeking out the heat of her red and teal coat. Why can’t other mares be like this? The ones he has back in the Mountains are certainly a myriad of things (weak, nervous, easily cowed) but none of come even close to Lirren and her blanket of stars.

His teeth begin to nibble at her coat, gently, but with a fervour built from impatience and anticipation. His muzzle presses at her with new force and urgency. What will they do in the little time she allows him?

ZAYN

I'm an ugly mess