• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

New in the Field
    As Silki finally reached the Field, she felt pretty tired. She was also very excited. Today, she would find a herd. Taking a deep breath, Silki cantered into the Field, her flaxen mane and tail whipping in the wind, her museles moving beneath her chestnut coat, and her golden-flecked brown eyes glowing with excitement.

He still doesn't have mares.

It's frustrating to him, that, after such a long time of searching, he's still had so little success. Surely out of all of the mares he's talked to, at least one of the fools would want to come home with him. But so far? No such luck.

The pale stallion stalks into the field with a scowl on his fact, red eyes scanning through the gathered horses. It doesn't take long for him to spot a mare that is all alone and within seconds the scowl is gone, replaced by a polite, but interested smile.

He slinks up to the girl and stops what he believes is a respectful distance away. At this point in time he still wishes to retain the appearance of respectability. He knows well now that the field is not the place to display his true nature - it brings the foolish white knights out of the woodwork. "Well hello there. I'm Zayn. What's a pretty thing like you doing all alone?"

ZAYN

I'm an ugly mess

♦ Fynnegan ♦

Now this was a good day. Esileif had accepted my proposal for mutual gain, it was going to be good, I could sense it. My lands are gorgeous, and now I just need to fill it up. I want it to be a sanctuary of sorts. I think those of us with little legs need to stick together-- if I ever see another little horse. But until then, I can't snub the big legged ones. I meander through the field, and by meander I mean I work my butt of through all this snow. I am not name for snow. Screw snow, sure it's pretty but boy is it a lot of work. As I walk around looking in the field for anyone alone, or more so available I see a lass, a tall lass, standing alone. I might as well talk to her, maybe she would like to join a young new herd... can't hurt to ask.

I walk over, my 9hh frame as tall as 9hands can be. my coat black fluffy, so very fluffy. It obscures my lean build, I may be small but I am not fat. But winter hid my only physical attribute that was a win, in my eyes so I had to be on my verbal game. I task that wasn't always my strong suit. I walk to the red lass, i stopped a little further off than most taller lads would, but it makes it easier to look up her. "Mind if I join you? Name's Fynnegan- bou you can call me Fynn if you like!" I may be small but my voice is a lovely tenor. it fell smoothly across the snow, not awkward, or forced. I look at the lass and wait for a reply, hoping she doesn't call me a baby. I hate when the tall ones confuse me for a foal.

» death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily «

"Hello, boys." She said smoothly. "May I help you with something?" She eyed the red-eyed stallion cautiousily. He seemed charming, but there was something about him that couldn't be trusted. She moved her gaze to the black pony. He looked honest enough, and he was definitely not a foal. Her guess was they both wanted her in their herds.
    OOC: Hey, do you guys wanna plot this or just play without a plot?
    lets just let it play out. do what feels best for your character. Smile
    Nymphetamine|Tirzah|Slaybell

OOC: Okay,let's play!
    Well apparently he isn’t near subtle enough. She doesn’t say anything, but he can detect the immediate suspicion emanating from her. Pity. He’ll have to work on that. But there’s no point in giving up immediately - he might as well continue to practice his charms.

He’s about to answer her question when a stallion joins them. Zayn grimaces slightly when the male scent hits his nose, but almost laughs when he realizes the size of the stallion. The newcomer is almost half Zayn’s size.

It’s not necessarily an advantage for him in this case though. The mare already appears suspicious of him … and this tiny newcomer is anything but threatening.

But, it won’t hurt to be polite (for now) to get the measure of his competition. Zayn isn’t opposed to being a brute when the situation calls for it, but when the field is this busy, throwing his weight around would be a bad idea.

He nods in greeting to the tiny man, then returns his red eyes to the mare to finally answer her question. “Well, to be completely honest I was wondering if you in search of a home at the moment.” Not too prying of a question, considering she’s in the field. “I’m currently trying to start up a herd in a territory called the Mourning Mountains. It’s a quiet, peaceful place. At the moment I’m trying to find mares willing to join me there. But, if herds are not your thing, I also belong to a kingdom called the Chamber. It’s a wonderful place as well. We are a fiercely loyal group - very protective of our friends.” Then he falls silent. No doubt the little guy will want to add his piece as well.
    OOC: tinsel: I didn't mean to ignore your post when i wrote mine, i didn't know you replied until after I pressed send. Sad whomps!

I watched her closely, she seemed a little uneasy, but I thought that understandable the field could be overwhelming. The other stallion present was a little off, while his eyes were odd, he hadn't shown any impropriety so I shook the feeling. Sometimes you just don't click with others. I nodded to him in return and turned my attention back to the mare as she spoke. No name? hmm, well I can deliver my proposal without knowing. I pause and let the other guy speak first. I don't feel the need to shove my weight around,i had nothing to make up for, well in my eyes.

I shifted my weight uneasily when the other guy spoke of Chamber, I knew they were no sweet bunch, but he didn't lie- they are very loyal to each other and well that's about it. He didn't like the Chamber, as a whole but tried not to judge the individual right away. When he had finished I spoke my own piece. " I too am looking for members to join my herd, just like Zayn. My herd lands are called Echo Trails, also a nice place. Shady, lovely babbling brook, quiet, peaceful. It is located within the Dale, another kingdom here. They are a fun group. Very welcoming. Do either of our offers interest you?" I nod to the other stallion knowing he would n't want to wait his time either if she was not interested. I may view life differently but finding herd members is not something I would view differently than him, I don't think.
    "Well, ummm, I'm really afraid of heights," Said Silki, prancing nervously. "So I don't think that mountains would be that great for me, sorry." She turned to Fynn "However, I would be interested in your offer. I do not believe that I have properly introduced myself. My name is Silki. Please, do tell me more about yourself and your herd." She smiled pleasantly, hoping the red-eyed stallion would take a hint and leave.

OOC: Hey, what breed is Fynn? It doesn't say on the profile and I'm curious.