• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'M WAKING UP TO ASH AND DUST
    The iron gray waves crash against the bone, bleached shore. The beach is heavy with the scent of death. There are decomposing bodies of horses scattered across the bank of the ocean. Some of the bodies are barely days old, but some of the remains of the dead that have not been swept away from the ocean have been around for months. These sands are familiar with the decomposing flesh, perhaps even made from their own flesh by now. This is where they all in Beqanna come to die – at least perhaps those who have accepted their final days are coming.

It was just another day though on the beach.
    The sky overhead is grey; it is always grey here.
    It was just another day.

Rigdon had smelled the scent of death even before he sit hooves upon the bone colored grains. He was no stranger to the smell; the dragon scaled chestnut stallion had seen many die in his days in battle and in long years of life. He has only ever come here on one occasion, it was long ago, when his parents passed away. The only place Rigdon ever had found comfort in was the very north of Beqanna. The Tundra – his home – was everything to him. However, it was time he moved on.

He had felt the ending of his life coming to a draw. The bones and muscles that kept him together were beginning to weaken. Rigdon’s body was not what it used to be now; it is after all, a thirty-six-year-old body. Yet, he remembers quite well when he used to get around so easily. He had been a warrior in his prime, serving the army of the Tundra Brotherhood and one time as the Hand of the King.

Rigdon thinks of those days now. The days of when he was young and explored the world. The days of when he was almost killed by a dragon but luckily had ended up killing and earning the beast’s scales. The days of when he found a home. The days of when he found his passion for fighting and serving his brothers and home. The days of when he found love. The days of when he made a family. He had found it all in his life.

The old warrior wonders about his children – they are all grown up except for his son, Viserion, that he left in care with his younger sister, Emelia – and his past lovers. First there had been Yael. She had meant everything to him. His entire world had been her and as well as his daughter Zilpah. Their love had died though, and he understood, after heartbreak for months, that it was not meant to be when they were miles away. But then there was Annaliesa; in the darkness of his mind she was his light, his savior. Rigdon had found companionship with her but soon he had grown to love her and the family they created.

He loved it all.
    Everything in his life he came to love.
    However, he is here now.

Rigdon stands at the shore that opens into the mouth of the ocean. He can feel the grey waves crashing on his hooves. It was not fate that he came here, but he knew very well his time was now to go. The warrior no longer could fight against death (not that he really fought against it). He welcomed the ending to his long lived life. The memories swirling around his mind now only bring a smile to his face. So, he steps into the water and closes his blue eyes. Rigdon lets the waves crash around him, sweeping him away from the shore and into the vast ocean. He wonders where he will go; maybe to the Tundra or far off in another land. Maybe somewhere grand in the world. He hopes he will, but his final thoughts are only of his family, friends, and home. 

-----

Here lies Rigdon
    The dragon son of Lion and Alona
    Who found many passions and loves in this world
    Loved two mares: Yael & Annaliesa
    Father of four daughters (Zilpah, Rosalinde, Raeanne, and Brisk) and one son (Viserion)
    Grandfather to one girl named Zoraya whom he surely would’ve loved to known.
    A devoted member to the Tundra, who spent his life working his way up in the ranks and eventually served as Hand of the King. He will forever cherish his time there.

Rigdon extends his farewells to:
    Yael – You used to be my whole world. I founded so much joy in our time together and still cherish those memories. We made something beautiful though – our daughter. Zilpah was a miracle in my life. However, I am glad you found someone else as I did. I wish you the best, my desert flower.

Zilpah – My little girl. I cannot even begin to explain to you how proud I am of you. You have grown up to be a beautiful mare. I was so happy when you came to live with me in the Tundra. It meant everything to me that you did. I love you very much. Please take care of yourself and your new family.

Viserion – My time is short, but I hope you will think of me and remember the days we played together. Do not forget what I taught you about fighting. It is a skill that you will eventually master, just be patient and be open-minded. Goodbye my little dragon son.

My other children – I love you all. Please take care of yourself and don’t forget to enjoy life. Have a little fun. Fall in love and make a family.

Annaliesa – You came to me in one of my darkest times. I thank you for everything you did for me as a friend but most of all as a lover. You helped me discover something that I thought I would never have again. I love you more than anything.

Peppe & Cagney – You were my brothers in arms, but I saw you as my true friends. Thank you for the days spent together and conversations of life. I hope to see you both soon.

Ianto & Errant – I enjoyed serving under you both, as the King’s Hand, warrior and brother.
    RIGDON
    THE KING'S HAND OF THE TUNDRA
    html © shelbi | character info: here
    Rigdon - I have always regretted what I did to you. We were too far apart to keep our love afloat with everything that was going on. Know that I admired you, and continue to love and respect you as a man. Sleep well, winter dragon. I will continue to take good care of Zilpah and Zoraya.
    Daddy - I should have said goodbye before I left with Zale. But I love you very, very much and I wish you could have met your granddaughter! She is absolutely beautiful. I will miss you. Probably more than you will know. Don't worry, I'll see you in heaven.
    From Annaliesa:
    Welcome home my love.

From Rosalinde:
    I should have said goodbye too, before we all left on our grand adventure. I love you, and I miss you so much.
    Ianto is incredibly saddened by this. : (