• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you oughta know why i'm here [fynnegan]
    She's a curious girl, as many girls are. Curious enough that is to say, to wander from her mother's side long before they've found a new home. To remove herself from that blanket of security and shed it for something else, something akin to adventure in her mind.

The little dunalino girl goes traipsing off without a care, though perhaps here she should be more wary- small as she is. A little thing, mixed with Falabella, clearly taking after her mother's side already. Short, stout even as ponies seem to go but it makes her no less lovely for her kind.

Off she goes, quick as her short legs can carry her. She can't be bothered to stand still and wait. Wait for her mother to pick a stallion to shack up with, wait to find some new place to call home. Stand still, preen, hope someone comes calling and likes her enough to keep her. There's much too much for a young girl to do, too much to see. New things to explore beckon her, the great unknown calls and she listens. 

Golgotha finds herself at the edges of a forest, taking care to pick out the easiest path, one clear of protruding tree roots.

Nasty things, tree roots, one false step and she'd spend the rest of her life lame. So it's easy does it, the young sand and orange girl sniffing gently at patches of fern. Nibbling at strands of clover and crab grass, ignoring the bustle of larger horses milling about. Doing her best to be inconspicuous,  though that isn't entirely difficult.

Golgotha
    the  cross  i  bare  that  you  gave to  me

@[Fynnegan]
    My little legs are tired, and my ample mind is tired. I am thrilled to do the work, and take pride in the herd am building. However, it doesn't mean that I can't be tired. Mentally I needed a recharge. I needed a break from the back and forth. I needed a break from putting my best foot forward. I wanted to be able to speak and not worry about what others thought. I wanted a little nap without Silki, or Jaxxie, or anyone bothering him. Maybe it's a little selfish, and maybe a herd leader shouldn't think such things. He was more than just a leader. He was his own person, and he had taken no time for himself, he knew now that would be important.

His legs seemed to carry him without his mind telling him where. He wandered, for what seemed like hours, hell days. He let himself drift off, enjoying the slow but constant flow of conscious thought. His thoughts were of universal wonders, and not of any serious nature. It was so pleasant. Eventually the stream of thoughts dampened, slowly dulling until my surrounding came back to the forefront of my mind. I blinked, squinting as if that would help my pinpoint where I had ended up. A moment more and I knew I was in the Forest. As good a place as any other, as it was not a typical claiming ground so I could just have conversation without the heft of claiming, or someone wanting something from me.

My black pelt felt snugly over a lean body, I wasn't a fat little thing, all my journey's had me trim, thin, and fit. I weaved between the trees, and a small clearing was up ahead. As I round the tree I see a pale little thing. Young, small, and trying so hard to be invisible. While the eyes of the tall horses did do to her, she was mostly glanced over. Most tall horses don't care to take much notice of us small ones. I walk over however, as she is young, maybe too young to not have a mother around. "Going on an adventure, are we?" I smile at her, walking over. I am curious how she was able to slip away.

I am a magnet for small ones like me, I smile at the thought. Funny how it works out like that.

ooc: i'll put HTML on once I'm home. Also sorry it's short, all the interruptions during planning today and now work is over and alcohol calls.
    The girl's not expecting the sudden voice, she's not expecting company at all. Thus she spooks, squealing and kicking out with her surprise. Sprinting forward a few steps in her startled state before she collects herself, before she remembers to use her head. Golgotha still had much to learn, her youth was showing in a more than obvious manner.

With an embarrassed turn she lays eyes on her so called attacker, and is surprised that it is another pony. That it is someone like herself because she's not seen many of their own kind since she's arrived. "Yes Sir." She responds tactfully, uttering the manners she had been learning her whole, short, life. "I was going on an adventure actually. Mother's busy, it was easy." She boasts of her ill behavior, though she doesn't mean to. It's all matter of fact really and the girl can't help but be truthful.

It is now that she tentatively paces towards the male, intent on inspecting this questioner further. Besides, he wasn't so scary now. Now that he wasn’t sneaking up on her, or scaring her half to death. Not that he had meant to obviously but the girl wasn’t the first to admit to that. “I’m sorry if I kicked you.” she finally apologizes, ears falling to the sides of her head. “I wasn’t expecting any company, or not a man at least. Your voice is much different from Mother’s” Her foreleg scrapes the ground, finding something to occupy herself with as she goes over the face that she’s been such a fool.

“I should probably get back to her now, I bet she worries.” It’s apparent by the twist of the girls head, the uncertainty with which she looks left and looks right that she is lost. That she hasn’t the slightest idea from which direction she had started, or where she should go to find her dam.

Golgotha
    the  cross  i  bare  that  you  gave to  me

♦ Fynnegan ♦

I can't help but smirk when I see the lass leap with the unintentional scare. Her leg spiked out towards me, but I was able to move hop away with huff of my own surprise. The lass is young, and will grow into a nice mare - I am sure- but for now her youth was showing and it amused me. Her reflexes were quick, and deep down while the situation was funny i felt lucky to catch my reflexes on a good day. I nod at her quick spunky statement of independence. I can't help but let the internal laughter flow over to external. "Oh was it now? Do you venture off often?" It wasn't completely unusual for a younger horse to sneak off, but upon looking around, I didn't see any mares around that could be her mother- size wise.

My attention was snatched back to the little filly as she started apologizing in a fit of worried, back-peddling words. My eyes soften, and I see her looking anxious and worried. I can't help the sweet grin on my face. I know the filly wasn't a true baby, but she was young and I guess my fatherly gene was showing. "Oh, please, it's no big deal. You didn't even hit me. I can make my voice more lady like if it helps you. 'oh my little miss are you lost? oh my my." I make my voice as high and lady like as I can and prance a bit like a fretting mother. I don't carry it out long, as I am not usually the total jokester. At the lasses shifting eyes, and worried glance I realize she was turned around and wasn't sure where to go, and her words confirmed it. "Yes, yes you should go check in, do you know how to get back? i can walk with you if you want."

» death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily «