• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you oughta know why i'm here [fynnegan]
    My little legs are tired, and my ample mind is tired. I am thrilled to do the work, and take pride in the herd am building. However, it doesn't mean that I can't be tired. Mentally I needed a recharge. I needed a break from the back and forth. I needed a break from putting my best foot forward. I wanted to be able to speak and not worry about what others thought. I wanted a little nap without Silki, or Jaxxie, or anyone bothering him. Maybe it's a little selfish, and maybe a herd leader shouldn't think such things. He was more than just a leader. He was his own person, and he had taken no time for himself, he knew now that would be important.

His legs seemed to carry him without his mind telling him where. He wandered, for what seemed like hours, hell days. He let himself drift off, enjoying the slow but constant flow of conscious thought. His thoughts were of universal wonders, and not of any serious nature. It was so pleasant. Eventually the stream of thoughts dampened, slowly dulling until my surrounding came back to the forefront of my mind. I blinked, squinting as if that would help my pinpoint where I had ended up. A moment more and I knew I was in the Forest. As good a place as any other, as it was not a typical claiming ground so I could just have conversation without the heft of claiming, or someone wanting something from me.

My black pelt felt snugly over a lean body, I wasn't a fat little thing, all my journey's had me trim, thin, and fit. I weaved between the trees, and a small clearing was up ahead. As I round the tree I see a pale little thing. Young, small, and trying so hard to be invisible. While the eyes of the tall horses did do to her, she was mostly glanced over. Most tall horses don't care to take much notice of us small ones. I walk over however, as she is young, maybe too young to not have a mother around. "Going on an adventure, are we?" I smile at her, walking over. I am curious how she was able to slip away.

I am a magnet for small ones like me, I smile at the thought. Funny how it works out like that.

ooc: i'll put HTML on once I'm home. Also sorry it's short, all the interruptions during planning today and now work is over and alcohol calls.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you oughta know why i'm here [fynnegan] - by Fynnegan - 01-15-2016, 02:24 PM