• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a thousand other boys could never reach you | warship

Kimber has been missing a few days and although many would not miss her presence, it was truly for the best. Although she had no claim to Warship or Nymph they had both caught her eye (or heart, whichever you prefer) simply by being. She was drawn to Warship for more reasons than one but the way the bay man drew her in - she wasn't sure of. The blue lady had never really felt a sexual want before until Nymph showed up, despite how much she cared about Warship in a not-so platonic way.

Tie in those feelings with evident jealousy? Her world was spinning.

She feels like today perhaps she can venture out, away from hiding during breeding season and talk with Warship. There was a war upon the lands, formations were finally starting to come to play and if nothing else; she needed to know her role. Obviously to anyone who wasn't naive it would be an excuse, he charmed her in a way that irritated her and made her smile all the same. She wanted to be close to the black warrior in a deeper place within herself, a place she isn't sure of. It isn't hard to find the man, she's never seen anyone else with horns quite like his nor an attitude. "Warship," she says softly, unbelievably soft for the normally crass woman. "Will I fight? Do you believe in me?" she asks, quietly - almost as if she doesn't know that she is in fact talking aloud. For the first time in her life she has offered him something invaluable; her vulnerability.

k i m b e r

I hate you for always choosing me and not someone else,
    I hate you for always pulling me back from the edge,
    I hate you for every kind word you ever said

come back with your shield, or on it

There was more than one battle he was preparing to wage. The first one was straight-forward and easy enough, as far as war was concerned. Fight, shed blood, destroy the enemy. That was something he could understand, and even look forward to. The other battle was something much more difficult, something that asked much more of him. It asked that he thrown down the most vulnerable part of his body; his heart. He had always prided himself on his ability to shield his heart, to keep his emotions carefully hidden behind polished stone. Emotions had little room on the battlefield, and that is where he had lived the vast majority of his life. But things had begun to change when the blue mare had wandered into his kingdom. She was sharp-tongued and quick witted, quick to anger and slow to calm. She grated his nerves in every way possible, and still he found himself drawn to her. He had been surprised to feel the jealousy that exploded within him at the sight of her with Nymphetamine. Though he had no prior qualms with the bay, just seeing him at Kimbers side was enough to make Warship want to bury him beneath the dirt.

It all scared the shit out of him.

He heard her long before he ever saw her; years of warriors training had given him extra sensitive senses. The General turned slowly, a roguish smile tugging at the corners of his lips. Despite their last interaction, he still found himself craving her attention. If she had been sharing her attentions with a certain bay spy, he couldn’t smell him on her. That thought and that thought alone made his smile brighten somewhat, at least to where it fully reached his eyes instead of stopping at his mouth. “Kimber.” he returned her greeting, tossing his forelock from his eyes. At her next question he raised his brow, staring at her with an appraising look on his handsome face. “It doesn’t matter what I believe. It matters if you believe in yourself and your abilities.” he paused, breaking his gaze away from hers. “But for arguments sake…yes, I believe you’re ready. Yes, I would like to have you fighting at my side.” There was a furious battle going on in his chest, the battle of General Warship and Lover Warship. Right now the General was holding his ground, but he wasn’t foolish enough to count the Lover out just yet.

-warship

As much as she would hate to admit his reassurance was needed, it plainly showed. Her eyes lit up with the hope of winning his affections and maybe even a battle, too. Kimber had never been shown love, her birth mother had left her for dead and Smoulder had taken her beneath her proverbial wings. It was much like the older sister caring for the younger sibling while the parents got drunk and fucked strangers. Little did she know that Warship had relations with her adoptive mother-sister or her Queen. To him, she could be just another notch in the bedpost or more accurately; in his belt. She has never been in a formidable war, she only mocked the (now) Valley King and a few random others. She cannot know or feel what Warship is feeling on this forefront but she knows very well of the turbulence of festering feelings.

"I feel much better in knowing that it's been on my mind a lot recently," she says with a sigh, her throat feels as if it may close up with how nervous she is. Her stomach is scattered with knots and equal parts of butterflies. "You've been there a lot, too," she slips up, if her cheeks could turn red they would but instead she grits her teeth and side eyes him, almost flinching at what his response would be. Something sarcastic she is sure but she was emotionally fragile - no one had hurt her yet. "I mean, just how this all works and where my place is with you and the Chamber. I don't mean in that way," she starts over-explaining, lying, confusing herself, "I don't know what I mean, honestly. I just," she steps closer looking towards the black stallion as she nibbles at his cheek, "I get this weird feeling in my stomach and it's been here for days and I know it isn't because I ate singed grass. That's all I can say," she pulls away now a little embarrassed but more afraid of what comes next.

Why was it so hard to just move past this? How did women do this every year. She's never been very quiet nor one for waiting for others to make the first move. Why start now? "I'm not sure what I feel or what it really means, but I feel something for you." And then, she falls quiet - a deer in the headlights gazing up at him because this is it; that pivotal moment where every man after him will have to either make up for his mistakes or live up to him.

k i m b e r

I hate you for always choosing me and not someone else,
    I hate you for always pulling me back from the edge,
    I hate you for every kind word you ever said