• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Malka + Malyk cont from B2G
    When Malka returns to her this time, Scorch is fortunately awake. No wobbling pregnant belly or slobber to greet her quetzal-sister this time, though her stomach again has swollen. The time to give birth encroaches quickly, but the Khaleesi continues putting it off, finding just one more thing to do before settling down and allowing her sixth child - fifth living - to enter this world. Labour has never really been her forte, never mind parenting. But this time would be different - it has to be. If her potential daughter is to rule the Dale alongside Tiphon, then her teachings must begin early, and her wisdom must be vast.

Her head pops up from the vegetation when a familiar set of hoofbeats approaches her. Had they belonged to anyone else, Scorch may have been put off - she is feeding two stomachs, after all. As it is, the fire-sister waddles closer to the noise, ears stretching forward as though it would bring the two together more quickly.

A grin splits her shark-tooth-lined lips at Malka's exclamation. However meek the paint had once been, she's made up for it thrice-fold in her relationship with Scorch. "What can I say, I wouldn't take no for an answer this time." She leans in, eyes glinting. "Some people threw a hissy fit. Would have been nice for you to have been there and chewed their asses off." Chuckling - because yeah, some extra support would have been nice, but Scorch can handle her shit - the woman steps forward and bumps her spiky red flowers to Malka's softer one.

Malyk steps forward as Scorch steps back. Scrutinizing the child through sharp green-yellow eyes, Scorch takes in his oversized wings, immediately attaching them to one particular stallion who she knew rather well. Not on a personal level of course, but on a level where she could kick his ass due to how many times they've faced off. Allowing a smirk to colour her hard expression, the mare shifts her gaze from son to mother with a cocked brow. "Looks like I have even more reason to ally with the Tundra now," She muses jokingly, though what she says is legitimate. Malyk is total leverage - not that she would ever tell Malka that. She values friendship, y'know.

Returning her gaze to the boy - though not lowering her head to his level because Scorch sucks with children despite how many she's had and will continue having - Scorch smiles. "You are strong. Tell me, are wings the only thing you inherited from your dou--darling of a father?" She'd been about to say douchenozzle, but decided better. As I said, awful with children.

Mimicking Malka when she allows her weight to fall to one side, Scorch sighs heavily. The question really is quite an uncomfortable one, though not because it's Malka asking. It's more because people were complaining about the peace, and now Scorch has gone and tried to appease them, and now they're whining because shit's too evil. Like, really. "Well, I haven't been usurped or murdered yet so there's that. And my child is growing strong, and will one day be a queen if all goes according to plan." A dry laugh. "Really though, I have plans out the wazoo. Come to the Den of Secrets tomorrow night, and all shall be explained." Although Scorch is usually one to have a big mouth and brag about her successes, these are things which would be best discussed all at once and in complete privacy.

"What of you? I see that you finally found some romance, though I don't see how you could have gotten any from Brennen. He has quite a large stick up his ass, and when he doesn't, it's because he's taken it out to beat people with." She har-har's at her own hilarity for a moment before settling back into her relaxed position. Being pregnant really sucks, y'hear?
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Faith is the bird that feels the light

when the dawn is still dark.

Malka is not surprised to see that Scorch is pregnant again. As questionable iffy as she was at being a mother, she still seemed to pop out a lot of kids - a trait Malka was glad to be able to say she had avoided. At over 40yrs old, Malyk was only her second child and her first had been one of rape - a decision she had not been allowed to turn down.

Scorch complains about the complainers and Malka just chuckles. "You're very well equipped at ass chewing, dear," she says to her friend, bumping her gently on the muzzle as she gives her head a soft toss. "My added opinion would've only escalated things anyways as it's become quite apparent that some of our sisters believe that only their opinion matters," she says, finishing her words with a heavy scoff. It was discerning to Malka to see such a divide created among the sisterhood as there had never been such tension in the Jungle. It was not just because of the recent disaster or even the stubborness that practically habitated in each of the Amazonians, but something else that Malka couldn't quite understand.

As Scorch speaks of an ally with the Tundra, Malka simply shrugs her shoulders. "You should know more than anything that blood does not always make for a strong alliance,' she says to Scorch, for had seen the failing and fall outs of the blood alliance. "If we do achieve an alliance with the Tundra, it would be with young Malyk's influence," she adds, ears flattened back slightly. While she knew Scorch was most likely joking, she also knew that all the little cogs in Scorch's brain were whirling around, trying to figure out the best way to make everything work. Malka though, as close as she was to the naked mare, was nobody's pawn, nor would she play into anyone's games.

Scorch speaks to Malyka next and though Malka had yet to ask him about any of his other traits, she waits to see what the boy would say. She was not sure yet if he would understand any of his stronger traits (if he even had them), but she did know that he  was enjoying his flying lessons.

The conversation again shifts back to Scorch's plans and she speaks of using the Den. The 'Den was such an underused source in the Amazons that Malka was surprised that Scorch could have such deeply quieted secrets. "I will be there, if nothing else to hear what craziness you have thought up," she says to her friend with a laugh.  

And then the subject falls on Brennen and romance and Malka chuckles once again, "I wouldn't quite call it romance, but Brennen is a pleasant fellow - and he seems to have an interest in his children -- which is more than what I can say for most of Beqanna's men," she says with a snort. Having been the product of a failed relationship, she knew how hard it was to grow up without one of her parents. "If I'm not mistaken, that stick may just be reserved for you and I don't blame him for using it with you as you need it more often than not," she says, ducking her head slightly in case Scorch decides to take a swing at her for her misplaced joke. She snorts though, falling quiet finally and letting her long horse tail transform into the bright colors of her quetzal tail before flicking it lazily across her rump, chasing the first of the summer flies that had decided to land on her.

Malka

immortal, quetzal-shifting Lekh/Kosi of the 'Zons

The journey to the Jungle home his mother has told him about was something the young painted boy would never forget. She told him stories, he shared a few of his own, they laughed together, and she showed him a number of things about flying in her very special way- shifting between her self and her bird form. On the way, he had open-heartedly attempted her teachings, practicing as much as he could, and together they had laughed at those little inevitable moments when he faltered or tumbled; celebrated when his trials were successful. He was getting the hang of it, surely and fearlessly, and was confident he would soon be soaring freely without fail.

Time does fly when you're having fun, though, and that much was the case when the Jungle first came into view. Eyes of amber- becoming brighter everyday- widened at the sight, taking in the magnificent expanse of wilderness ahead of them with an awed intake of breath that allowed him to catch with it the exotic scent he had often smelled faintly on his dam's own hide. In his excitement, it was all the colt could do not to break into a beeline run to get there faster. He could hardly wait! However, fearless and bold as he tended to be, he was growing less foolish. These were entirely new lands they were approaching- to him, anyway- and while he was anxious to get a closer look, knew he would do better to wait for his mother to show him around. His time for adventuring would come. Heart pounding, smile wide, and large wings tucked and grazing over the ground, Malyk pranced at his mother's side as they drew closer and closer yet.

"Wooowwww..." Truly, there were no other words that came to his mind as they crossed the borders and advanced into this whole new world. It was so incredibly different from the vast and spacious Tundra he was so used to. Nevermind the difference in temperature, Malyk was too engrossed in the heights of the trees, the vines, the colors, the plants and flowers, the sounds all around. This place was so alive ! Rare as it was for such an active young boy, he was speechless as every step brought a new discovery. His mind whirls with so many thoughts and possibilities, so many things! So many questions. It is certainly impossible to settle on any one thing to say. So as they move, his eyes flit over every sight, ears flick to every sound, nostrils take in all the smells, while he is also careful not to get separated from Malka's side. There are so many ways to turn, even sort of tunnels to go through, and though it was fun to get lost sometimes, he doesn't quite have that desire just yet. Everything is so new, or rather he is so new to everything  here. It is all so humbling that for now, at least, he will stay close to what is familiar and safe, until he is more sure of it all of course.

Absorbed as he is in the all-things-new, he hardly notices when they stop in front of another horse. It isn't until his mother is speaking excitedly that Malyk snaps out of his trance. He pays little attention to what is said in the beginnings of the conversation, eyes traveling over the rather interesting appearance of the stranger. Head slightly tilted, ears forward and nostrils flaring, he studies her. Never has he seen a more intriguing horse- he thinks she's a horse, at that he is pretty sure she's a she. He's particularly eye-balling her dancing skin-markings and really sharp-looking teeth when suddenly Malka shoves him closer to her. His eyes widen and ears twitch, feathers ruffling softly in surprise before he shakes out of it and glances back at his mother with a little of a small laugh. Turning back to look at the strange mare, his head lifts as she looks him over, a charming little boy smile on his lips. His mother seems fond of this woman, and both appear comfortable in each other's presence, so he internally shrugs off the slight intimidation he felt moments before. 

The sharp-tooth mare then comments on his strength and he arches his neck and squares his stance proudly. He isn't sure who this mare is exactly yet, but she seems important and powerful and he can't help but feel a little important, too, under her scrutiny. She asks also of what else he might have inherited from his father, and he glances to his large black wings- rather proud of the appendages that so resemble his sire's-, raising them slightly before curling them back to their resting position. He ponders for a moment how to answer and thinks she must of course be asking what else makes him special. At the realization he smiles back up at the fire-mare. "I'm strong, like you said, and I learn fast. Right, Momma?" A quick glance back at Malka for confirmation and then he resumes excitedly. "Oh! And I heal fast, too! First time I flied- oops, I mean flew- I fell and got all cut up, but next thing I knew, all da cuts were gone! See?" He then lifts his wings above his back to reveal his fuzzy, unblemished body and turns in a tight circle so she could view him. Afterwards he returns to his mother's shoulder, standing just behind it like she liked it when they were talking to important persons. He says nothing, but looks up inquisitively at Malka, wondering if he gave a good answer. He knows not of the immortality in his veins that had aided in the quick healing process, nor had his other talent been yet discovered, remaining to be unlocked at a later time. So for now, he is satisfied with his answer and hopes the fire-lady is impressed.

The two mares start talking again, something about a meeting is what he takes of it, to find out something about the wazoo. And though he is rather curious at the mention of a Den of Secrets, he tunes out most of their conversation in favor of watching some kind of exotic creatures making the tree branches dance overhead somewhere off to the right. They were chattering to each other, one suddenly screeching at the other before swinging off and disappearing into the labyrinth. Amused, Malyk wonders where they went off to, but his attention is snatched back to the group at mention of Brennen. His expression contorts into something of a grimace, his imagination drawing up the literal version of what the strange mare says about the stick. They are laughing about it, but Malyk can't see the humor. "My daddy don't have a stick up his butt!" He juts his lower lip out a bit and ducks his own head, realizing he probably shouldn't have spoken up, but feeling a bit stubborn about it. Adding softly, "dat would hurt.." Not to mention, kinda gross.. but then his mother talks of how nice his daddy is and his head returns to it's normal height. She says how the 'stick' might just be for the other mare, which earns a little of a defiant grin from him, but then he becomes distracted when she shifts her tail into the colors of her bird form and he dances around her excitedly. Giggling as he nudges her tail with his nose, he comes around her rear so that it drapes over his face and neck like he is wearing a colorful wig and peers up at the women to see their reactions to his antics. He was always rather amused by all the cool and fun things his mom could do with her quetzal-shifting abilities.

[Bahah, he cracks me up xD]

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

”You know, I really am,” She laughs brusquely in response to Malka’s encouragement concerning her ass-chewing abilities. At her next comment about her sister’s opinion, Scorch simply rolls her eyes. Petty, if you will, but where else is she to express such emotions save in the safety of her and her Erinak’s friendship? Exactly, so stop judging.

Ah well, they will both make their jokes, and they will both raise their hackles at the ones which cross the line from funny to rage-inspiring. Scorch would be lying if she said she was surprised at Malka’s reaction to her little jibe about Malyk’s connecting the two kingdom. This in part was a joke, but as the Khaleesi turns her gaze towards the colt, she finds that it is in fact, fact. Whatever opinions horses choose to have, children hold reign over their society. ”Well, my Lady, I suppose I could make a few exceptions for your child dearest.” Ever the sass master, aren’t we, Escorcho?

Malyk about explodes with excitement when Scorch addresses him directly. Although his sudden burst of words causes a quirk of his brow, his words themselves do impress her. Her lips stretch back to reveal those self-same shark teeth, though it is in the form of a grin. ”Yes, I do see.” Malyk spins around in an impressively tight circle, but his gargantuan wings manage to whap Scorch square in the face. Spluttering, the fire-woman sends curls of blackness to embrace Malyk’s blue little eyes. When she speaks, it is with large amount of genuine mirth. ”My senses have surely dimmed if a child can manage to breach my defensives.” She tosses a grin to Malka before relinquishing her powers. ”Alas, offense has always been my forte.”

Their next subject happens to be romance, something which Scorch has and believes firmly in, whether you like it or not. ”I suppose that’s better than naught,” She admits begrudgingly. ”Though I’ve honestly no idea how the whole of Beqanna manages to be so fucking promiscuous. I can’t imagine having children with more than one man, never mind any man I do not love.” The spiel sounds incredibly backwards coming from the hairless rat, and she knows it, too. Instead of emberrasing herself further, Scorch simply rolls her weight to one side, daring Malka to make a comment.

”Hah!” She laughs as she takes a swing at Malka, though her lady wisely ducks. ”Me, need a beating?! How terribly unladylike of you.” She is about to make a further quip on behalf of her closest friend’s promotion when little Malyk butts in again, defending his douchnozzle of a father. ”Well, Malyk, generations of horses have adapted to allow such things in their many orifices.” Eloquence also happens to be her forte. ”While I wish I could say that you’re so nice as to not have any stick hidden anywhere at all, that simply is untrue. I will say that you will probably reserve it for the very worst of people who need the worst of beatings. To bring them back to their senses, of course.” At this point, she’s laughing between every word, watching for the little boy’s incomprehension which is sure to come. Sides jiggling with laughter, Scorch turns her head to her Lady, practically crying she’s so fucking tired and funny. Her mouth opens to say something, but nothing comes. Instead, her chuckles subside until she can once again be considered ‘composed’ – but when the hell has that ever happened?

Scorch

Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

please excuse this post. Scorch needed to have her laugh. Thank you for enduring my exhausted post. post. goodbye
    [Image: scorch2.png]