• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Joining a herd;; any
    ---- Im new, so I don't have much experience. 

The meadow was the only place Loka knew well. With it's golden and green grass and the crystal water that ran through the mountains, she felt secure as she saw other horses and ponies in the distance. Although Loka had grown up a lone mare with only her mother to keep her company, she was four years old and couldn't deny her need to be part of a herd. Her white tail twitched nervously as she thought of ways she could approach strangers, however every time she worked up the courage to trot up to another horse, she'd chicken out last minute. So the paint palomino kept her head down, her heart sinking. 
    Brynmor

"With my speechless calm eyes."

With his sight restored again, thanks to Djinni who had listened to his wish, Brynmor found himself much more often around in the field. He had been trying to recruit during the time he was blind too, yet it had become so much easier now he could actually see something. Today he had walked down the path from the icy Tundra to the field again, hoping that he would find more males willing to join the Tundra’s brotherhood.

Lurking around in the field there is nobody who seems to fit the profile of those he is looking for. Most of those around the field are females and although there is honestly nothing wrong with them in Brynmor’s opinion, it is not what the Tundra really needs. However, that doesn’t mean that the gray male is being picky today. He rather try something else than return home with unfinished business.

”Hello there” he greets her, as he walks up to the palomino overo framed mare. There is a smile upon his lips and his gaze is calm and friendly, as he looks up to meet hers. Brynmor’s eyes still show some strange glassy look from his formerly blind state, yet his gaze is accurate and therefor it’s impossible to mistake him for a blind guy. ”My name is Brynmor, how can I call you?” There is a slight pause after he has asked his question, giving her the time and space to take him in and hoping she won’t feel threatened by his approach. ”Are you looking for a home?” And like always he comes to business almost right away, not really wanting to waist his own and her time.

"Nothing is coming to rise."

OOC: I know the Tundra is a kingdom and therefore not really a herd, but the life of a mare in the Tundra would be sort of the same as the life of a mare in a herd. So I thought give it a shot ^^. I understand if you rather not have her joining the Tundra, as it’s mostly a man’s kingdom.

OOC2: Brynmor has been born blind, but by Djinni’s magical ‘djin’ powers his wish to see again was granted. He is no longer blind Wink. Just in case it was a little confusing ^^

Tundra isn't so bad, just cold. His wings flutter from his sides, and he takes a sidelong glance towards Brynmor. His approach is slow and mythodical. Each step placed as if on purpose, almost calculated. The stallion was enjoying his home, and his life... so far. They would have to wait and see just what would become of him. After all he has patience, and is more then willing to let a few moments slide by while he enjoys the company of other horses. Its the feild, it has a way of entrancing one, making you stay and muse over the idea's that others may be having. Day dreaming about what could possibly be going through the mind of those nervous antics they so often portray.

Maybe its more the setting, the colors, and scents that attract one, maybe the distinct hum of conversation tickles the ears in just a way to make you want to be a part of it, or at the very least hear it. In ny case, the gathering place holds a lure for everyone. Here it is almost as if time stops, as if the quarrels and bickering kingdoms come to a halt, and they all gather and engage in polite conversation with one another.

After his distracted thoughts took their sweet time in collecting back into the back of his mind. He is brought back to the present and what it was that he was here for. He wondered at just how long his spell of silence had lasted. Shifting a hoof, he looks at the grasses where he had left an imprint. Well definately long enough to leave that there. I'm Phaedrus by the way. He blinks looking between the two. His features remain as they are, matter of fact, there seems to be no expression in his monotunous vocals.

Of Golden Plains He tags it on awckwardly, as if he had forgotten to grace them with the knowledge of location. His cobalt tail switchs against the obsidian hide.

Phaedrus
    DEATH GIVES US SLEEP, ETERNAL YOUTH, AND IMMORTALITY
          Slightly startled to be greeted by the stallions, the young mare tried to cover up her obvious perturbation. It was hard for Loka to comfortingly ease into a conversation, but the field was a golden safe place and she had to learn to make friends. Besides, the two stallions seemed welcoming, and she pushed away her fears of aggressive brutes and opened her mind. 
          The horse who called himself Brynmor drew Loka's attention, because she just noticed his parculiar eyes. Something was off, although she didn't stare, as it was none of her business. The other, who had the name Phaedres, had wings, and that itself gave Loka the sense of wonder. She had never before had the pleasure of meeting a winged horse. 
           "It's nice to meet you both," Loka says softly, and continues lively, "I'm Loka." She then pauses to think of how she can answer Brynmor's question honestly, as she feels unsure of what she wants. Loka responded, "Yes, I was hoping to find a herd to join."

Brynmor

"With my speechless calm eyes."

He can hear and smell the winged male before Phaedrus voice reaches them. Like many .. disabled horses his ‘other’ senses are better. In his case the lack of sight was compromised by more sensitive hearing and a better sense of smell. It’s not like Brynmor’s senses are superb and perfect, just better than average. And the fact that he had been granted sight didn’t mean his other – well trained – senses changed too.

There is a greeting smile upon his lips as he turns to greet the other male. ”Hello Phaedrus.” Unlike last time they had come across each other he can now look at the other male. Somewhat curious his eyes take him in, ghosting across his frame, before meeting his gaze. Last time his gaze had been blank, just staring off in the distance, but now it’s different, now he can see. ”The Tundra might be cold, but you get used to it.”

If Brynmor would’ve known how wrongly the golden and white mare thought about the fields, believing it would shelter her and keep her safe, then he would’ve instantly jumped in on that. The field wasn’t a safe place, not for a lone mare and at the mercy of a stallion’s hands. Instead he offers her a smile, as his blue eyes meet her gaze for a brief second. ”It’s nice to meet you too, Loka” he warmly answers her.

Her answer to his question confirms his prior thoughts. She’s looking for a herd to join and although that isn’t really the thing that he could offer, he could still try. ”Are you aware of the fact that there is more than just herds in these lands? There are kingdoms too and they can offer you much more than the life of a herd mare.” He has dropped the bomb and now it was time to see how she would react to that. The very first expression on someone’s face could give you quite an indicator of how they think of things.

”I’m from a kingdom that is called the Tundra. We are a man kingdom, a bachelor kingdom, but we also offer a home to mares too. You won’t be able to join the ranks, the roles of mares in the Tundra is the same as the one of a mare in a herd, yet we are with more than just one male. And we protect that what is ours.” If it was a herd life that she seeks, the Tundra could offer that too. But instead of just one alpha to lead and protect her, the Tundra came with a whole brotherhood. There was more than just one to stand up for them and that also meant there would be more to choice from, if she would desire such a thing.

"Nothing is coming to rise."

Unease filled her stomach as Brynmor greeted Phaedrus, she could see that they had known each other already. She felt slightly uncomfortable, but Phaedrus and Brynmor were both very friendly so she shook off her slight worry.
       When Brynmor spoke of kingdoms, Loka was deeply confused. She had known of kingdoms, however her knowledge was limited. In the mares mind, a herd was what she had always imagined becoming apart of, but what Brynmor said made her question those thoughts. What did he mean when he said that a kingdom could offer her more? More stallions meant more protection, that was true, and if the other stallions in the bachelor kingdom were as outgoing as Brynmor or Phaedrus, she'd be happy. The way the grey stallion talked about his Kingdom made her eager and curious. Brynmor also appeared to know a lot more then she did, and all Loka wanted was to learn more about the land and horses around her. 
        She had heard of the Tundra, as well as the Amazon, the Falls, and the others. Other than that, she hoped she'd learn more through experience.
       "I've heard of kingdoms before, but I don't know much," Loka says honestly, and continues thoughtfully, "and despite the fact that I've been looking for a herd, your kingdom seems wonderful. Thank you for telling me about it, I'd love to join if you'd have me." Loka hopes her eagerness doesn't seem childish, but fears to be alone any longer. She is also nervous, as she isn't sure what happens when you join a kingdom or if she even could join it.

OOC : Do users usually make separate accounts for their horses? Sorry there's just a lot I still need to learn! Also, what rank is Brynmor? Do you have to be a certain rank to invite others in your kingdom?