• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Chasing the Sun {Kataclysm}
    Kalamity
    IT'S THE LIFE I CHOOSE

To say that she is crest fallen is to say that the sun is cold. Her emotions ran much deeper then that. What kind of monster had her brother raised? What had happened to him? What was he like before he became that statue? She couldn't be certain, but it certainly couldn't be the same one that had protected her, and been the best big brother in the world when they were growing up. True it wasn't often that she had seen him, nor been around him. Just a few glimpses here and there. Still it was some sort of impression, some form of idea that she had formed about him in her mind.

Secretly she had sneaked away from the borders, the stars above glimmering with hope, almost cheering her on in her race for freedom. She is sure that the boy would catch up to her eventually. She is sure that it wont last long. Maybe though, it would last long enough for her to finally see her sister once more. She is sure that the mare will remember her. Sure that their bond had not been lost over time. Though what if she is just as their brother? What if... no she couldn't think on it now.

The trees mingle among themselves, they whisper to one another, they stare down, judging her from their lofty heights. The bows reaching out to one another, every so often a twinkly from a star screams at them to let them get a peek. The trees look up to the sky out of respect for something larger, taller then themselves. But her? No they would never respect her, after all she is miniscle. Just a bug that they could trample. Their rough bark scrape against her lavander hide.

They do not want her to pass, they shoot brambles, and bend their roots, they bend and interlock bows to block her way. Her eyes burn, her mane is torn, and narls cover her tail. Not so attractive now eh Kirin She calls out mocking the abscence of the stallion. He thought he was something, mr high and mighty forcing her to be his. Well damn him, she was going to see her sister whether he liked it or not.

She sets her jaw finally breaking into a clearing, the tender grass shoots waving to her as the breeze carresses them. Now this is home, she chuckles at the thought.

Destruction and Chaos

Summer in the jungle was proving to be more than the black mare had expected. Air so think it was more like eating than breathing. Everything stuck to her, dirt clung to her always-sweaty coat, the air clung to her no matter what she tried, and wading into the water only made it worse when she emerged. Everyone told her she would grow used to it, that soon she wouldn’t notice and it would be a welcomed feeling. Kataclysm was anything but a believer, but she should probably give it more time. The mare shook her head with the glowing white tiara of a star; she seemed to have all the time in the world. Time to just exist and have nothing for it. It wasn’t that she wanted anything specifically, but she felt she should have more to show for the time she had been back in Beqanna.  Since the mare had been back she had met a few others and been recruited by the Amazons. 

The Jungle-dwellers were nice enough; they had accepted her hard exterior and left her alone when she wished it. She still hadn’t officially accepted the offer to join them. She had just done things on her own for so long, she wasn’t sure of herd life. Then there was the whole idea of how herd life had affected her life so far. Even though she hadn’t been born during the Valley Wars, she felt the effects of the twisted mob mentality that took hold. It had affected her greatly. Kat blamed much about her rough exterior on those who caused the Valley Wars. Her mother, if you could call her a mother, had wanted nothing to do with her, and even less to do with her sister. Oswyn spent all her time with Khaos, fawning and dotting over him. He was the same as Kat, except he was born with that iron manipulation thing. The black mare had never met him, Oswyn made sure of that. Kat wasn’t worthy, so she only knew of him, and she hated him for the haughty way he moved around. Kat was barely old enough to be on her own when her so-called mother vanished, which left Kat and her sister all alone.

Kalamity, her sister was technically older, but the young mare remembered taking care of her. She couldn’t remember why the role reversal happened but there was a reason she took care of the older mare. Kataclysm had left her in the end; she had to. She needed to get away from the remnants of the War. Kalamity was more than able, ready even, to go off on her own. She didn’t need her kid sister it had been time.  The black mare was off in thoughts of the past, of why she was unable to just be kind and likeable. She was lost in a daydream more often than she was present in the moment these days. Nothing good would come from lingering on the past it was time for action, to find some closure.

Night was almost upon the jungle when Kat worked her way back towards the common lands. The humidity lifted slowly as the trees thinned. The moment she realized she could breathe normally was a gift. Kat didn’t know what she was looking for, but knew Silver Cove held the rusted skeleton of her older brother. Maybe that was what she needed, to spit on the “greater-than-thou” family member that stole her mother away.  Kat galloped through the lands, reveling in the humidity free air, and open spaces. He pushed herself hard, to get closer to the Cove, to get closer to her closure.

It wasn’t too long before she had to slow at the forest. She worked her way easily through the trees, as the wooded land was nothing compared to the jungles of the Amazon. Night was upon her now. Darkness was never a good camouflage for the black mare; her glowing star always gave her away.  But this time something else gave another away first. Mocking, and bold a voice floated towards her, and Kat froze. Not due to fear, no the voice sent a thousand-one memories flooding through her. Kalamity. How long did she stand there, frozen in place unable to make herself move. Her sister spoke of Kirin, the one who more or less warships the brother Kat so hated. What had Kalamity gotten herself into? The moment of shock had passed, she was either going to turn away, or move forward. She had no reason to avoid her sister- they had been close once.

Kataclysm closed her eyes, and took a fortifying breath before she went forward. A clearing was just a way ahead, and there in the pale moonlight was her older sister, more lavender than she remembered. She looked a little tousled, but the glean in her eye told the black mare her sister was ok. Iron, metallic and bitter drifted to Kat’s nostrils and caused her to wrinkle her nose. So Kalamity had gone to the Cove, Kat couldn’t understand why- maybe she would ask. “Kalamity? I’d know that voice anywhere.” Kataclysm’s voice fell with a chuckle. He was fully in the clearing now, and she moved to the lavender mare, her eyes dancing in the joy of the moment. This was not the closure she thought she would find, but it may be just what she needed. ”Why are you here, in the middle of the forest in the  middle of the night?” Kataclysm was surprised she didn’t subconsciously shield herself with sarcasm and curt words. Maybe it was the blood ties between them, or their shared history, either way Kat welcomed the reunion. It could be what she needed. 

{ Kataclysm }

Me and God? We don't get along well.

Kalamity
    IT'S THE LIFE I CHOOSE

She frowns, squinting her eyes to see. Finally the voice triggers in her mind "Kataclysm!" Her exclamation rings out with a friendly nicker. Trotting she makes her way to the other mare as quickly as the roots would allow. Not like she would want to fall on her face the first time that she got to see her sister again. I was looking for you, I just got back. I also looked for our brother. She frowns once more at this. Reaching out to touch the shoulder of her beloved sister she remembers how the girl had taken care of her for so long.

Her mind wasn't the greatest, and while it was capable of fully loving everything around her, she couldn't fully comprehend as to what limits there are with horses. Only those that her sister had taught her. Like never stepping over the border of another stallions property. Which she hadn't, she had been shoved over the border. So could that really be considered her fault? Well before her sour thoughts took over her watery eyes widen and twinkle. You will be proud of me. I stayed out of trouble. At this point she couldn't say that Kirin had treated her badly. Wasn't like he was forcing himself on her. Yet. Then again she had forgotten all about the few children that she had given birth too. Also managing to forget about the love affairs and rapes that had occured to lead up to that.

Yes forgetful she is, and forgetful she would always be. Maybe her mother had dropped her on the head or something. Who knows, but most would call her crazy if they knew. She had a great way of hiding the ailment though. Her speach as elequant as any other horses, they would never know. Not until she walked away from them and then met up with them once more. There is very few that she would always remember, two of which would be her brother and sister.

She had spent so much time trying to remember them, that she couldn't remember much else. Even her mother and fathers names slipped her mind most of the time. Kirin she would have to commit to memory after all he was family, and if there was one thing that she would forever remember it was that family is the most important thing in life.

Destruction and Chaos

The darkness of night was cut only by the dim moonlight that mad it through the trees and the hazy white light from Kataclym's glowing star. The air was crisp and Kataclysm was watching her sister, her sister. The black mare hadn't thought she would run into her, she wasn't sure she would ever see her again. There she was, trotting to her, calling out her name. Kalamity called out with a nicker- obviously happy to see her, and Kat's defenses relax. She had no idea if Kalamity would have been upset with her for not staying with her, or looking for her. The part about looking for their brother, Khaos, irked her slightly, but she let it slide off -Kalamity would never truly find Khoas. She smiled in her own way as she spoke of her accomplishment- staying out of trouble. "Well at least one of us has!" Kat speaks with her usual sarcastic tones, she cared deeply about her sister, but that didn't make years of toughened exterior completely disintegrate.

Kalamity moved forward, brushing her shoulder, and Kataclysm returned the gesture, frowning as she smelling the metallic scent to her coat. Iron. The toughened mare knew Kalamity felt different about Khaos than she did....but to live where they warshipped him, like some god? Kataclysm just wasn't ready to be that accepting. She moved away, concern washing over her features. her voice shook from sadness and anger. Kalamity couldn't have known and in some way Kat knew she didn't deserve the words that wer going to flow from her but the shock overpowered her other thoughts. "You live there. With Kirin, the haughty Iron warshiper. how could you?!?! Khaos is nothing to be worshiped Kalamity! Don't you remember mother? Don't you remember how she left us alone to fawn over our brother?!?!" He voice grew louder as she tried to mask years of hurt, and feeling abandoned with misplaced anger. Kat knew as soon as the words left her venomous mouth that she was wrong to say so to her older, yet baby sister. She ducked her head and turned away. Not yet able to apologize, truly recognize and accept her feelings. Her voice softer now, defeated, "Your grown now though, you can do as you please, don't worry about me. I'm fine- I always am."

If Kataclysm had been a different horse she might of cried and apologized, or stomped her hooves in self-hatred. That was not the black mare's style. She exhaled shoving the feelings, the situation away. This was not what she had thought a reunion would be, but leave it to the callused sister to ruin a perfect evening.

{ Kataclysm }

Ugh, I'm sorry this post is mush.
    Kalamity
    IT'S THE LIFE I CHOOSE

She childishly blinks at the mare as she backs away from her. She waits until the other is finished talking, trying to remember anything about their childhood other then the fact that Khaos had been nice to her. I remember playing tag with him once. Her eyes sparkle in hope that this would the right response. Sorry sister, I don't remember him much, only that he was nice to me the few times I do remember. Was this the first time that she had confessed of her problematic memory? I stayed out of the herd land just as you told me too. She puffs a little proud of herself for listening to her sisters instructions. then almost chastising herself she lets her head droop slightly.

He... he forced me to cross the border. He... She bites her lip wondering what to say about the thing he had done to her. I just wanted to see brother... see if he remembered me. She frowns walking up to her sister as she turns away from Kalamity.

I guess I did get into some trouble after all. Her voice sinks thinking to herself how bad she must be to get into this sort of situation. He's not a nice person. Is that how brother was? Was this why her sister hated him so much? Had their brother been the same way?

She wonders at how to tell her sister how the stallion had violated her. What would happen? What had happened anyways? She doesn't remember what sex is, not rape not anything. He jumped on my back. If felt bad. It hurt a lot. But he wouldn't get off. He said that I was his after that. Told me that I had to stay. That I didn't have a choice. She isn't fully sure what that ment she had no idea that she was pregnant now becuase of it. That the only reason that he wanted her there was for the babies that she could give him. All she knew was that she wanted to be with her sister. But I dont want you to leave. I like being with you. I want to stay with you. I dont want to be in his place. I dont like it there. He isn't nice. She brushes the other mares shoulder completely oblivious to the need for an apology. No she just wanted to be with her family.

That was why she had come back at first anyways. To find her sister and brother and be the happy family they were supposed to be. But could they? No not a family, maybe they could be happy sisters together.

Destruction and Chaos

@[Kataclysm]

The darkness around them was illuminated only by the dim moonlight encroaching on them through the thick canopy and the glow of her white star. The sisters were illuminated in the eerie glow that cast odd long shadows around them that faded into the darkness. An unexpected rendezvous, but it would look like a secret meeting to any who walked in on it. While the black mare doubted anyone would, knowing her sister came from the Cove had her alert for any covling that might have followed her here. She heard Kalamity move towards her, not allowing her to retreat away into her shell. The words that left her sent a slew of emotions through her: pride, love, anger, remorse, and a few others she could name. What had Kirin done to her precious loving sister, what advantage had he taken? Kat didn’t have the markings of the Amazons yet, so she could not go to the cove to take her sister out of that place. One day soon she would save her sister from Kirin, and her sometimes too sweet self.

Kataclysm struggled with her guilt, but her gracious sister didn’t seem to hold a single negative feeling towards her. She turned back to face her sister, allowing her star to cast its light upon her lavender face. A smile on her face, but a fire in her eyes, their family history was a sore subject, more so than many others she knew. Khoas was…bold. He held no remorse for any pain he caused others. While he never directly hurt us, his cruelty to others was enough to make my blood boil and my stomach curdle. I don’t blame you for looking for him, he was family. She nickered her understanding and affirmed her approval of her sister’s actions by touching her shoulder. The older sister had never been as aware of her brother’s cruelty as Kat had. The younger sister wondered if Kalamity was aware of Kirin’s cruel ways. Kirin was too much like Khaos, he got his jollies from a much darker place than her sister, and Kat wanted so much to protect her from that darkness.

Kalamity continues speaking, of how she stayed out of trouble, but her words broke, shifted, to the cruelty of Kirin. It was too late, Kirin had forced her into his lands. Her blood boiled and her constant agitation with Kirin (though she had never met him) inflated to a full-blown rage. He body trembled and she fought the urge to run to the Cove and call him to an answer for his crimes. The black mare’s breath was quick with her rage and she did trust her words for a while, the quiet that fell after her sister stopped, was palpable. Kat tried to calm herself, and slowly the trembling stilled and she was able to get hold of her emotions. Her sister’s words of not wanting to leave her and her physical presence were the only reason she was able to control herself. ”I will disembowel him for what he has done to you, dear sister. I will go ask the amazons for their help, surely they will help free you from his torture. I will have to figure it out. Come with me now, I will take you to the Jungle, you I don’t know them well but I am sure they will protect you. He can’t hurt you as long as we are together.”

The rage, while still there, had morphed into tears, as she processed Kalamity’s rape and forced internment. This night was a wash of emotions and all she wanted was to pull into her shell where there was no real emotion. However, her sister needed her now and she would have to help her, even if it was against her will at first. Kataclysm would not abandon her sister, not when she needed her.

{ Kataclysm }