• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are nothing without each other - initiation for new sisters!

I am iron and I forge myself

She feels whole again, even if it is for a superficial reason. Her dam would have scoffed at the idea of tattoos, but Lagertha finds that she likes them. Her own, she finds, are particularly fierce and fitting for who she is. Others have very different markings, but they all bear the flower and the vine on their chest. Some are colored, others are not. The Jungle’s magic seems to work according to each Sister’s personality and desires.

It’s been awhile since she’s called a meeting, and this one is not urgent, nor does it require everyone’s attendance. If they wanted to come and welcome their newest Sisters, they were more than welcome. She does not doubt that they have noticed their own markings returning, and perhaps congregate to rejoice in it.

For those who knew her before, they might notice that hers have grown a little, expanding along her spine, to form some sort of animal-like design on her left flank, high above the onyx crown of thorns. The Iron Lady stands patiently beneath the same tree where she called the last meeting, accompanied by the Jungle Spirit. In its jaguar form, it sits like a coiled spring nearby, golden eyes peering out at the mares, its tail twitching in anticipation. This is the first time it has been called upon to initiate a new group of sisters, to breathe its magic upon their breasts.

She lets out a low call for the newcomers - for any who wish to take the oath - old and young. They will be welcomed with open arms, and given their own tattoos.

Lagertha

warrior queen of the amazons

Well winter hadn't been Kataclym's best season for brilliant or even smart decision making. She had left the jungle and fled to open spaces, in search of something. At the time, she did know what she wanted or need but she had found her sister because of it. The black mare had raised her older sister, who didn't handle their mother leaving well. They were separated a while back and Kat had left Beqanna. She didn't think she would ever see her again, since she didn't have any idea where she would be. Kalamity had been forced into the Cove, but their nephew, Kirin, and then he forces/manipulated her into bearing his child. The younger sister didn't handle the news well, and in a fit of emotional overload stumbled upon Michaelis and well...things...happened. Her coat was already beginning to bulge. Kat was not sure how she felt yet about having a child. Lord knows she wasn't maternal... but she had basically raised her older sister. Hopefully she would not mess up her kid as her mother had messed her up.

Now she made her way through the jungle again, she had been back for a little while but she had taken to watching, observing the others, deciding what to do, how she would raise this baby, and where. Her conversations with others had been pleasant. They had accepted her for what she was- guarded and terrible with others. She had only recently decided to stay with the Amazons she knew it may not be forever, but she knew that she needed to be here right now. That this was right. It was as if it fate were calling when she heard the queen's call. Without any more hesitation she moved towards the sound, until she saw that tattooed queen of the Jungle. Kataclysm's star glowed dimly before the queen , as if it were a steady offering, showing her solidarity. Kataclysm dipped her head, in respect. "Khaleesi." There was no need for further words, everything about her felt ready, and her body language spoke her decision and agreement for her. So she stood before her queen and awaited the ceremony to welcome her into this fiercely loyal group.

{ Kataclysm }

Me and God? We don't get along well.

She lets the girl go off on her own far more often now.
    Not because she is less worried – she is made to worry, about the children she has at her side, and the children that have long left it – but because she knows she must. And, because she has seen Longear slowly find concert with that second soul of hers, everyday the bindings between them being pulled, and pulled tighter, becoming one and the same.

She can better fit into the skin of that other. She can fly in it, be small, and has learned to be smart there. She is comfortable low to the ground, now. Sometimes, Vineine cannot help but fear, the girl prefers the cottontail over the filly. But nobody can understand the tug of war inside her daughter more than Longear – a battle, between the one that lives, and the one that is determined to live on. So she lets it be.
    Nature is full of conflicts, quiet and large.

She lets the girl go, staying back watching her white tail flick and bob out of sight.
    Then she heeds the call, turning her back and picking through the ferns and bright bromeliads, into the hoof-flattened and hollowed out gathering place where the steel queen and a black stranger stands. She looks around, bright eyes lingering on the lounging big cat. She smiles and nods and finds the spirit inspires no fear in her. “Lagertha,” she stops beside Kataclysm, turning to her and envying the bulge of her sides (she had abstained from engaging this season – never an easy decision for her, but her hands are full), examining the glow on her forehead, “we have not met! I am Vineine.”

She hopes her nerves to do betray her. She is ready. Has been ready, but the pulls and pushes of her own wanderlust are just as part of her as her roots here. She glances back to the cat, its round, relaxed eyes and big paws.
    After all these years, she still wonders how much permanence she is capable of. Everything has always been so fleeting.

*magic-borne daughter of Prague and Elladora
    ****‘...Herself in the Heavens, her beam on the waves.’
    - mother and amazonian -

the dead are gone, and the living are hungry.

She is practicing, as usual, when the call rings out across the Jungle. Her dark ears perk in curiosity, and strain to make out the words piercing the afternoon air. A smile slips out when she realizes the meaning - initiation.

She’s been considering officially joining the ranks of the sisters for some time now and now that she’s almost four years of age, it’s high time she does so. 

She’s quick to answer the call and slips in behind the other two mares that have already gathered. She spares them a quick glance (she hasn’t seen either of them before), before fixing her eyes on the Khaleesi. Though she’s seen Lagertha before (hard to miss her living in the Jungle), she’s never spoken to the older mare. Now that she’s up close, it’s easy to see where the Khaleesi’s reputation comes from - her no nonsense demeanour is written all over her face. She gives the mare a quick nod. “I’m Lexa.”

Her eyes slide over to the jaguar at the mare’s side, twitching in eager anticipation. Clearly it wants to get on with the ceremony. The spirit has grown so much since she last saw it.

Lexa stays silent then, waiting for the Khaleesi to begin the ceremony. She can’t help but wonder about what sort of tattoo the Jungle will grant her.

Uuuuugh this is crap. At least something is up though. Smile

There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye.

This has been a day long in coming. Even without the oath or the tattoos, she has remained steadfastly loyal to the kingdom. She might have come here as part of a deal, one child traded for another, but the choice had always been hers. Had she not wished to come, her father never would have made her (never mind the deal that had hung in the balance. He would have found another way). She is lucky to have had that. And that is, perhaps, what gives her conviction strength: the knowledge that her life could have been anything she chose, and yet she had chosen the Jungle. It had called to her in a way no other place had.

She arrives quietly, golden gaze surveying those already gathered as she takes her place amongst the soon-to-be Sisters. Her red skin is scored by a network of cracks, the subtle flashing of the white light emphasizing those dark fissures as it skitters across her bright coat.

Her eyes are drawn immediately to the jaguar lounging nearby, taking the sight of the fully fledged spirit in with keen interest. Now grown, the large jungle cat is an impressive sight, all sleek grace and restrained power. Her metallic gaze lingers upon the creature for several longs moments, admiring its wild beauty. Finally, when her bright eyes turn to the khaleesi, she notes the tattoos that have re-woven themselves across her skin, decorating the stark planes of her body with telling symbols. She recalls the tattoos from ages ago, before the kingdoms had been reset into infancy. She had been little more than a child then, a youth too easily impressed by such things.

Still, even now they are impressive enough, despite how jaded she has become in the intervening years.

She doesn’t say a word as she settles in. Waiting. Watching. Lagertha and she have known each other long enough that there can be no question as to why she has come. She will take the oath as she had so long ago promised to do.

Joscelin

Tiphon x Elysteria

html c insane | picture c mikanicole.deviantart.com
    its been written in the scars on our hearts
    In all honesty, she's been useless. Though she wanders the Jungle day to day, she's been absent. A ghost among the sister's she had once hoped and looked forward to joining. She has felt little more than an outsider and though she is not new, she might as well be. Sarkis had made no attempts at friendship since she was a child, she had barely kept up with the goings on in the Kingdom, she had barely kept up at all.

She felt she had barely been.

She knows the meaning of the call before the Khaleesi's voice trails off to a close. Things had returned to something resembling the way they had once been, the pledge could be made now, the oath taken. A normalcy had fallen over the Jungle for most, and the bay roan wanted very much to feel normal again. Whatever that might mean. So she would take the pledge, she would give herself to the Jungle like her Mother once had. In return she would be a true sister, would receive her marks, she would belong- perhaps.

Most would say she was too gentle for the Jungle, too soft. Most knew her better than she knew herself in most aspects. Mostly because Sarkis had forgotten who she was for a long time now. A piece of her had died with her parents and she struggled to get it back. Struggled until the fight was over and that jigsaw had been lost to something unattainable for the time being.

Slowly she came, standing quietly at the back, looking over the other girls gathered. She knew none personally, though she should have, right? There were many things Sarkis should have done by now, but she hadn't. She meant to, do things that is, and so she would start here. With this oath, this pledge.

Better late than never.

sarkis
    hestoni x scorch
    All that I need is for you to be bleeding,
    From my homicidal kiss

The nightmare had been absent of late, after her meeting with Scorch she had wandered aimlessly. But now she had found her way back to the jungle. the shadows clinging to her dark hide in a caress of welcome. The heat washed over her in a near breath-stealing rush, but she welcomed it. It meant home and the band of warrior-women that called the Jungle their own. Looking down at her chest and the flower tattooed in silver upon it, the trailing jungle vine in green wrapped around her right foreleg, she remembered the initiation and the night she swore her service to the Jungle. Turning her great head to touch her dark muzzle to her shoulder and the venetian death mask etched upon it in silver, it was her own personal tattoo gifted by the Jungle. She had been remiss in doing that and now she was here to rectify that mistake if allowed.

Massive hooves crushed the more delicate fauna that sought out the shelter of the trees, her passing near silent as she made her way deeper into the jungle. The low call that resounded upon the air drew her attention, and she altered her course to go towards the sound. It had been a summons and a demand rolled into one, but it wasn't something she could ignore. Scorch's scent was so faint it barely lingered, but Lagertha, she was most definitely still here. But where else would the iron maiden be?

She slowed as she approached the circle of mares, coming to a halt in an open spot. Dark eyes scanned those around her, not seeing anyone that she knew until her eyes came to rest upon Lagertha. Dipping her head in a deferential greeting to the ashen mare, she spoke quietly, her voice deep and resonant from within in her massive chest.

Greetings, and hello Lagertha. Should I swear myself to the Jungle again, seeing as how now I am sure it is in your capable hands?

Voids of chocolate slowly looked over the big cat beside Lagertha, a slight puzzlement overcoming her. It hadn't attacked anyone, and didn't seem to want to do so. What was it? She was sure her internal questions would be answered in due time, as she settled in to wait for the rest of the Jungle to respond to the call.

Alptraum
    Mare
    10 years
    Black (Ee/aa)
    Percheron x Friesian
    18 hands
    No Consort, The Jungle, No Hellspawn
    Sael

You see, I'm not like those other girls, baby
    I'm your bloody creature poster girl
    ♥dante
    She is too young to understand the changes, but that doesn’t mean she hasn’t noticed them. Something was different, clearly different, yet she just couldn’t tell what it exactly was. Of course she could’ve asked her mother about it, but her curiosity drives her to discover it on her own. Having grown from a scared filly into a lanky two year old Haru had learned to discover the Jungle on her own. She had become familiar with it’s magic, with the ever-changing paths and the way new paths were created to guide you to certain places. She wasn’t sure if she had gotten used to it so quickly because of her mother’s magic, or simply because she had been born here. And honestly, she didn’t really care about it anymore.

The path had already appeared before the call rings out, effectively guiding the bay girl into the right direction. Haru wasn’t really sure what was about to happen, but that didn’t temper her curiosity at all. Instead she found it only being more fuelled.

Silently she joins the little gathering, keeping a little to herself as she settles to just watch the whole thing. Her head dips a little, not able to not submit herself to all her ‘seniors’ that have arrived before her. Haru doesn’t shy away from watching, studying them even, and it’s probably no surprise that her eyes land upon the queen first. She cannot say that the tattoos don’t intrigue her and she even moves forward a few steps to get a better view. Was this one of the changes? But what did it mean exactly?

The silence wears on her, as she is eager to learn more about what was going on. Having patience is quite hard for the bay girl, but she manages to keep herself quit and collected. Or, that is how she hopes she looks like.
    HARU
    my mother is the heart that keeps me alive

Here because she's curious and eager to learn, not sure yet if she'll stay or not. First she'll have to meet her family in the Deserts ^^

I am iron and I forge myself

One by one they come, older and younger alike; some that she knows very well, and some she’s only caught wind of. Many of them have proven their inclination to be a member of the sisterhood by sticking it out this far - through Scorch and then herself - and still, through the tidings of war. Perhaps they have forgotten the meeting they had awhile ago. Perhaps not. Either way, it will ask much of them, even those that do not physically fight (if it comes to that).

She accepts them for what and who they are, whether they come with a bitter past, or have yet to shatter the innocence of youth. She welcomes them with open arms, as a General and a Mother and Sister and friend. She would encourage them to speak their minds, to challenge her physically and mentally; Lagertha should not be Khaleesi if she cannot prove that she deserves the title.

In the end, the becoming a Sister is more than the title and the tattoos - it is a connection to all the women of the past and a promise to the daughters of the future. It is a more solemn oath than any of the other kingdoms take, and it is for a lifetime, however long that may be. Lagertha need not lecture them with these facts, they are smart and she is sure that they know these facts - well, all except for Haru.

She meets their gazes as they arrive, nodding and smiling occasionally. It is good to see Joscelin again, and Alptraum’s presence is a grand surprise. She never really thought she’d see the black mare again, despite the fact that she swore once before. Sarkis and Vineine represent the softer side of the women, Kataclysm the feisty, and in Lexa, a unique alliance that she knows nothing about. She is satisfied with the outcome, knowing that many prefer to linger in her home without swearing allegiance; it is so with any kingdom. She clears her throat and begins when it seems that no one else is going to join them. “Thank you all for coming. I’m glad to see you all here, and am eager to welcome you into the Sisterhood. Remember that this is not an oath to be taken lightly. Leaving the Jungle with a change of heart is, of course, permitted, but if you were to betray us, a slash will appear across your chest. The spirit is vengeful in that way. And Alptraum, you don't have to re-swear if you don't want to. ”

Lagertha pauses and then continues when it seems that no one is scared away by the fair warning. Good for them. “We didn’t have a physical manifestation at my initiation, so I’m not entirely sure what the spirit will do…” She glances down at the cat, and it peers back up at her, blinking silently with its golden, secretive gaze, and then back to the initiates. Lagertha rolls her muscular shoulders in a shrug and then proceeds. “Repeat after me: To the Jungle, I swear my service, to the best of my ability. To this kingdom, I swear my body and my blood. To my Sisters, I swear my loyalty and love, for all the days of my life.”  

Lagertha

warrior queen of the amazons

[play the spirit as you like! it should breathe on you at least, and then you get your tattoos, but of course it can always do more Smile Also I've altered the oath a little bit. If anyone has any problems with that, let me know - but it seemed more fitting with Lagertha's outlook.]
    its been written in the scars on our hearts
    For what its worth, Sarkis gave herself to the Jungle. Wholly as she stepped forward to make the vow, to seal the pact and be one with her sisters for the first time in her short life. She isn't sure its all that much to give but it's all she has left and it would have to serve. Serve. Serve, she could do that much if she was needed couldn't she? Some how? A caste was not her intention at this point but if her assistance was needed somewhere, if something was required of her for her home- she could give them that much.

The spirit watches her, the knowing eyes boring into what feel like her soul.
    Does she have one? she wonders as her steps become shaky, and she contemplates briefly the existence of such a thing. Fumbling forward for a moment as though she is again a young foal on spindly-thin legs.

The great cat purrs gently, a calming sound that reassures her that all is well, all is right as she comes forth to lay her claim to realm of emerald. She comes to stand before it, the jaguar sitting tall and proud- waiting. It's as though it already knows what is in her heart, the intelligence leaking from it's eyes is stifling. "T-to the Jung-Jungle.." She begins as though she has lost the ability to speak, as if she can not bear the words that weigh so heavy on her tongue. In return the Jungle spirit cries loudly in her face, its feline roar leaving a mouth full of razor sharp teeth, instilling some form of bravery in the young girl. And she begins anew.

"To the Jungle, I swear my service....to the best of my ability. To this kingdom, I swear my body and my blood. To my Sisters, I swear my loyalty and love, for all the days of my life.” Liquid rims the hazel green of her eyes as the emotions break her once more, overwhelming is the feeling she can not fully explain then. Sleek is the cat as it seems to smile on her breathing it's essence over her body, something that is hot and cold all at once.

Stripes begin to race up her legs, the hairs beneath the ebony marks bleaching white. Her chest then bares a red bloom, blending to complement her dark coat as the petals softly splay. Sarkis stiffens as an unfamiliar voice fills her ears, startling her for a beat while her heart leaps to her throat.

"Welcome Sister, Okapi for the silent truth...There is a reason for all and a place, you are only beginning to find yours Sarkis..." And away it moves, to the next girl that will give her words to the spirit.

Moved on before she can calm the questions racing in her mind that she would ask, Why?...What did she mean?...How did she know?..
    sarkis
    hestoni x scorch

sorry for posting ahead- wanted to write something before i ended up writing nothing at all XD