• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

question for the breeding faeries :)
    Hokay so this is my question. How come these two boys who were born in consecutive seasons and who share the same exact parents ended up being slightly different in breed? Is it just who is doing stats at the time?

Kaspian 26710 Holli Thoroughbred hybrid - Khaos x Noellen - Male - Immortality
    Lawson 26754 Holli Hybrid - Khaos x Noellen - Male - None

For reference, Noellen is a hybrid and Khaos is a thoroughbred hybrid. I just wonder because I'd like to update so they're both correct. Also if they're both correct as they are, then I'm good with that. I'm mostly curious more than anything Smile

Thanks loves! <33
    Oh! I noticed something like that with the Gryffen x Minette babies too. Camargue is also misspelled in Amorette's case I see now Tongue

Amorette 26931 Sapphire Camrague hybrid - Gryffen x Minette - Female - None
    Anguisette 26824 Calli Camargue Hybrid - Gryffen x Minette - Female - None
    Leck 26879 Anna Abstang/Camargue Hybrid - Gryffen x Minette - Male - Baphomet horns

Minette is a Camargue and Gryffen an Abstang Hybrid.
    #English is not my native language.

Amorette - Gyps - Jinju - Kylin - Reeva
    All are only semi-active.
    So this is because there are different fairies, and no other real reason.

Typically speaking, any Breed Hybrid x Another Breed = Hybrid (according to our breeding page). So Sapphire, I believe all of yours should be Hybrid.

Holli, I don't actually have a clue which is correct for yours. One of the other fairies may know. I've always gone by "If there are three different breeds, it's probably hybrid", so I would call yours hybrid. That said, I don't really think Thoroughbred hybrid is necessarily wrong. I'd arguably say you could go with either for them.

Any chance the other fairies want to weigh in? I kind of suck at this stuff, lol.
    (01-18-2016, 12:08 PM)Kyra Wrote: So this is because there are different fairies, and no other real reason.

Agree with Kyra. Sorry for the confusion guys. All of those work; it just depends on the fairy inputting the traits.

I've historically done if there's no clear overarching breed (aka no parent is pure), it's just a hybrid. But if there's a parent who's one breed (aka Thoroughbred x Mustang hybrid), I'd name it Thoroughbred Hybrid.

Based on that, Holli's seem to be Hybrids and Sapphire's are Camargue Hybrids, but we can have them consistent how y'all prefer? Just let us know and we'll change what's necessary Smile
    Since I only play Amorette it isn't really up to me to decide. I'd like Amore to stay in the database like posted above. Except for the misspelling of Camargue of course Tongue
    #English is not my native language.

Amorette - Gyps - Jinju - Kylin - Reeva
    All are only semi-active.
    Kyra and Dianna explained it all correctly, but I wanted to add that when doing stats, I also sometimes "combine" breed if a horse is more than 50% that breed.

So if a Quarab and an Abstang had a foal, I'd list it as an Arabian Hybrid. Same is if an Anglo-Arabian Hybrid and a Abstang Hybrid had a foal - I'd put it in as an Arabian hybrid, because technically it;s more than 50% arabian.

The two examples Holli and Sapphire gave though are obviously just us putting things in differently :P
    I love you guys.
    Thanks for being so helpful!
    If given the choice, I'd prefer to have them both be thoroughbred hybrids so one has a better idea of how they might look.
    So could we update lawson to that and leave kaspian as is?
    Thanks! <33
    Lawson's been updated. Smile
    Thanks love!
    I greatly appreciate it Big Grin