• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There is Winter In Me {Open to Any}

{{X}}So here she was, back in the field.

{{X}}Voudou hadn't bothered coming back here since her first visit, years ago when she had met Jason.  And while she hadn't seen the stud for years, she still missed him deeply, and after a visit to the Gates she knew she couldn't live there anymore.  This was the best place to find a home yes?  From what she knew, recruiters scanned the area often, searching for those lost souls in need of a place to rest their heads.  The raven vixen was ashamed to be brought down to this level, but in many ways she didn't care anymore.  Afterall, this had been how she found a home in the Gates, and so long as nobody tried to recruit her to the Chamber she would try to keep the sass down to a minimum.  Wandering was getting old got old a long time ago.

{{X}}The day was good she supposed, sunny and warm, long grasses tickling her legs and a strong breeze picking up locks of hair, lifting them off her smooth neck to waver through the air.  Sleek, black pistons carried her forward with heavy steps, her walk was slow and not at all smooth, like a small child pouting as he is getting dragged through a shopping mall.  Then again, Voudou wasn't exactly the type to act mature.  Though intelligent and manipulative, she was driven by impulsive decisions based off strong, yet temporary, emotions.  And she was exceptional at holding a grudge, even over the tiniest things, leaving her without many friends.  None actually.  Who would want to hang out with a cold, bitter, smart-ass that never took anything in life seriously, leaving chaos wherever she wandered?

{{X}}Finally the fem stopped, and gazed around.  There were equines scattered about, their dark silhouettes outlined against green grass and blue skies, most of them alone but not all.  This was as good a place as any she supposed and cocked a back hoof, lowering her head slightly to doze off.  

voudou

I Can't Take Back The Words I never Said

Muse: Skylar Grey

kult

I am a storm that will swallow the children
    and I will deliver them to the kingdom of pain

It's not certain why Kult is wandering the Beqanna Fields. Perhaps he is there to find entertainment, something to do, someone to pester. It could be that he is there looking for another toy for his big brother, or maybe he simply has nothing better to do at the moment.

That last bit, yeah that, that's likely why he was here.

He's nothing fancy, he's not even what one might consider attractive. He's Kult, a simple, drab, fading, bay. A once deep earthen color, had begun to 'rose' out one might say. Leaving him with what appeared to be a red tinted gray instead, mottled with patches that had not quite lost their pigment just yet. He was relatively ordinary, plain. All save for an irregular star plastered across his forehead, one in the unmistakable shape of a letter 'x'. That and his eyes. A flat black. Deep, dark pools that reflected little, and displayed even less.

It's true, Kult had very few things to call his own. Little to set him apart, though it is not that he minded much. In fact, it's hard to say that he minded at all.

Anyways, there he is, snaking his way across the field. Staring at each horse he passes with those relentless, vapid, eyes. He's hunched in a way, carrying his neck slung low, his head carried as if it was just far too heavy. It isn't though, not really, never has been either. Kult just preferred to hold himself in such a manner, rocking, swaying as he walked. Prowling if you will, much like a cat stalking it's prey. An ear's missing as well, leaving him with an uneven appearance, and stealing his once pristine hearing.

He doesn't need to hear to see though, so it is with ease that he spots her. A tall, dark woman, one like Mother in a way. Though this was surely not Mother, and Kult was glad for that. Her build however, was similar, even close to his own- though he lacked prominent feathers. That and she was darker, like the night.

Lacking time or care for pleasantries, he offers none. Simply approaching the woman, wandering up to her like she might like his company. As if she was expecting him, though he is sure she is not. "Come." He says, tilting his head slightly as though it is a question. It isn't though, as uncertain as his body language is. Like she was just dying to join him, as if his offer was the grandest. Who's to say it isn't? Who's to say she wasn't?

{X}Her head was growing heavy as the mare nodded off, eyes closed and not really paying attention to anyone or anything around.  Why should she?  Voudou could handle herself as far as a battle went.

{X}Most of the time anyway.

{X}Thoughts wandered to the long scars across her side and neck, hairless and grey, interrupting her otherwise impeccable appearance.  With a quick head shake and a snort to clear her mind of the memories, Voudou lifted her head just in time to see a large brute, about her size, approaching.  He certainly wasn't anything spectacular, with no telltale signs to show off any sort of... magic?  Sure that was a good word for it.  The stallion didn't look too old, likely in the prime of his life.  Instinctively, the black mare straightened up a tiny bit, not to seem aggresive but simply to show that she was paying attention, and not half asleep anymore.

{X}Not eager to make the first move, she waited for him to speak, expecting the usual slurry of hormonal, cheesy lines that studs always seemed to spew out like vomit, hoping to appear charming and get somewhere with the ladies.  He seemed calm, nonchalant even in his approach.  Her orbs scanned him, running over his red-hued yet graying pelt, pausing momentarily at his deep black eyes, expressionless and cold.  Voudou twisted her ears back slightly, but otherwise didn't move as he spoke.  "Well aren't you just a real gentleman?" she said, her voice characteristically sarcastic and bitter.

{X}The friesian took a small step toward him, arching her neck.  A sweet smile crawled across her maw, eyes locking with his, as her voice changed from sour to kind and smooth as butter, "Now I'm not very good at taking orders, so I'm just going to assume that either you're able to reinforce that command or that you're just a socially awkward reject who forgot how to hold a conversation.  Frankly, I'm curious as to which it is, and where you think you could possibly be taking me."

voudou

I Can't Take Back The Words I Never Said

kult

I am a storm that will swallow the children
    and I will deliver them to the kingdom of pain

he is utterly and impeccably, plain.

Kult has never held any lofty gifts, no sort of magic whatsoever. Not here at least.

Once he had been sucked into another world, turned upside down and end over end. He had been a two-legger once, but only once. He had played games with killers, he had killed, and he had the distinct recollection of howling at the full moon. Once.

Once, he had been different, he had tasted the absurd qualities of magic and traits. He had lost an ear too but it is not something he concerns himself with anymore. He had tasted it, he had let it go, it made no difference to the fading bay. The only time he had ever felt concerned with magic and the other was when he had been cursed for a few weeks. Standing still and statuesque each time eyes fell upon his person. That had been a miserable sort of experience and one Kult was not quick to revisit. It was not for him.

He watches her, eyes blank, her dark body rising to stand tall and proud. He makes no move to best her, let her have the high ground he did not want it. He didn't need it either, nor had he ever found himself in need of such a thing. When her ears pin, his nostrils flare, not from fright or unease. Only from anticipation, the gesture raising his attention with only the minute tell tale sign of his single ear rotating forward and the slightest inclination of his sagging head. Her advance solicits his own reactions, he matches her forward motion with his own back-step. A dance of sorts in appearance, his motions practice from years of avoiding unwanted touches. It is with no further act of aggression that he responds to her.

Her breath fills his widened nostrils and he parts his lips to taste her breath. Heading her words with a quiet smugness. He was not a book to be judged on cover, whether he be surrounded with his siblings or not, nor was he truly awkward as he played. Kult had always amused in acting dense, his mind worked in every way the others did, perhaps more than most even. Though he never boasted to such, nor would he likely ever be inclined to do so. Instead he only allows his crooked smile to splay across his fading lips, reaching his head to meet hers and send his own salted breath in her face.

"Home. Cove." He could take her there if she wanted, though he never had understood the wants of women. He had not been so inclined as to take any refuge or solace in the acts of sexuality or romance. He simply had watched her for a while, studied her mannerisms and displays of action towards the others. She was just as much a loner, a socially ill specimen as she had tried to label him.

"Kult."

{X}She studied him some more, though it was difficult to see his full figure from such a short distance. Voudou saw the individual hairs on his face, some grey and some still rather dark, all mixed together and going different directions. A few small tendrils of his forelock interrupted the bland grey, twisting and falling down his face. For once in her life, the raven femme wasn't sure how to respond.

{X}Never before had she encountered a brute that didn't react either emotionally or physically to her cold, bitter words. No... they usually got angry or gave up and left or shot the poison right back at her. This... this was new. He didn't show any signs of any of that, instead blurting out but a couple simple words. No sentences, no thoughts, no emotions. Just the words, hanging in the air in a conversational limbo, floating about and wondering where to land. Her eyes dropped for a moment, and her posture visibly relaxed. This... Kult didn't seem to be here for any sort of fight, and if he was she could take care of that later. Voudou's tail swished briefly in irritation, for lack of a better word.

{X}The Cove sounded like as good a place to be as any though, she didn't know much about the area though except for where it was. Wandering over to his left, aiming a nip at his neck as she went, Voudou muttered a few swear words under her breath. Her auds stayed focused on the stallion as she looked around for a few more moments. No other suitors, no other options really. Aparently most stags focused their energies on the youngest mares that wandered, a group in which Voudou no longer belonged. Cove it is.

{X}"Ok, Kult, wipe that stupid smirk off your face we're leaving." Another tail swish. This wasn't exactly how she had expected things to play out, but she could work with it. Surely there were others at the Cove that could play the role of victim in her endless taunting. "I'm Voudou by the way, if you care to know."

voudou

I Can't Take Back The Words I Never Said

Ok my muse was all over the place with this one D:
    Anyway, you wanna reply in the cove or??