• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Slowly Freaking Out {Open}
    SKITZ
    He was so nice to her...

A new smile crawled across her face as he touched her, it had been a very long time since anyone had even given her a second glance, let alone tried to comfort her. And that smile only grew larger as he aimed kind words towards her, a warmth that balanced out the cold of the harsh environment.

When he seemed to be done talking, Skitz pulled herself back up and simply said, "Nope," before finally shaking off all the snow that had been stuck to her since she arrived. Her head twisted and her eyes darted around once more, taking in a final deep, deep breath. "Car-" the bay thought hard for a moment, "C..lark? Right?" Sure, psycho, whatever you say. "I'm cold now..."

By now the last 5 minutes were practically erased from her memory, likely to never be retrieved. In some ways, it was a blessing to be able to forget so easily, to never be hung up on the bad times. Frankly she had to try hard enough just to be able to remember the happy moments, why waste energy trying to remember the sad moments? Skitz proudly pranced in a circle around the stallion, parading herself for no reason in particular. Who is he? Why is he here? She shot a playful nip in his direction and took off at a run once more, tail flying high behind her.

About thirty seconds later she slid into a snow-throwing stop, wheeling around to look at him. Wait... who was she even looking for? Clark you stupid fool, stop acting like an idiot or he'll never want to stay around you. Who would? You're a loony. Still, regardless of who she was hanging out with right now, Skitz kept that smile plastered on her face, a childlike innocence that some might find endearing, though most found it annoying. Afterall, she was perpetually stuck at the maturity of a yearling, always wanting to play and never remembering enough to help her grow out of it. If you were to ask her how old she was, Skitz wouldn't even be able to give you an answer, she might guess at 2 or maybe 3 on a good day, but the truth was she had no idea. And that, that was ok with her.

God the sky here was beautiful... How did she end up in such a fantastic place?
    -SLOWLY FREAKING OUT-

(So sorry for the delay – was out of town for a couple days. Also, your html is hilarious & awesome.)

Silently he stood, watching her cautiously as she responded and rose. He had been anxious, his hindquarters tense and ready to spring to either avoid or chase her, not sure what to anticipate her response to be. Luckily, it was nothing but the snow flying from her coat, and he took that and her calm reply to be a sign of her recovery, much to his relief.

“Yeah, Clark,” he responded, realizing again that he still didn’t know her name. Maybe she didn’t have one. Maybe he hadn’t earned that privilege yet (he knew some horses were weird like that). He wondered if it was worth using his strange magical skills to get that answer… but that just didn’t seem right. And who knew what he’d find in her mind. “I didn’t catch your name…?” he decided to ask instead, wondering whether he’d get an answer this time.

Before he could finish, she seemed to do a 180, and began circling him playfully, much to his surprise. Although, if he were a smarter stallion, maybe that should no longer come as a shock. Nevertheless, the tobiano quickly shook his head to rid himself of both his awe-stricken gaze and the snow that had accumulated on his neck as they stood, replacing both with the childish grin he very much preferred over serious adult matters.

Clark barely had time to gather himself before she nipped him and bolted. Taking note of her earlier comment regarding the cold, he closed his eyes for a moment as he leapt out behind her. He had once, in his travels, come across this beach of fine white sand and gentle turquoise surf. And, furthermore, it was warm! As soon as he opened his eyes and sprung out to follow her, the landscape around them began to dissolve.

“Hey, you got a head start!” he called out as he watched her turn around, his eyes glistening with excitement as he awaited her response to the new landscape. Hopefully she doesn’t freak out, he gulped to himself.

fate she hears me | fate stand near me | fate state clearly
    whether there will be another card

SKITZ
    As she watched the sky, it slowly shifted, the green hued swirls of light disappearing as the stars all rotated at once, quickly hiding behind the cover of a bright blue sky. Clouds soared overhead and the world kept turning, finally slowing to a stop in what would be late afternoon, the sun once more low in the sky. Skitz, too confused to be scared, stood there, mesmerized by the event. A warm breeze hit her, dragging her mane and tail into a flurry. And then, she jumped.

The mare felt something around her feet and immediately leapt forward, only to splash down into more, and deeper, water. It took her a second to comprehend where she was standing, now nearly knee-deep in cool blue water, stuck in place out of bewilderment. When did this happen? The fae twisted her head left and right, a paint stallion Clark on her right and empty beaches to her left. The beach was wide, lined with fairly dense tropical foliage on one side and gentle, lapping waters on the other. Skitz noted that the sand here was so bright and clean it almost burned her eyes to look at it for more than a second.

Quickly her childlike, playful side kicked in. Though the poor mare was still confused, Skitz sprung through the water towards Clark, not caring at all about how wet she got in the process. Stopping nearby the stag, she lowered her head and took a quick drink, one that suddenly came back out. God that was awful, why did this water taste so awful? No good at all. "Uh... Clark? Can water spoil? I didn't think so but this stuff is horrible... My mom didn't warn me about that, she always told me, 'Skitz, never eat the yellow snow' but she said nothing about water that I couldn't drink. Will I die now?!" Though most might think she was joking at first, Skitz's voice held sincere concern, genuinely not aware that ocean water was simply salty and bad tasting.

Her legs gingerly pulled her just out of the water and onto the beach. "And uh... I'm embarrassed to say this but I don't remember how we got here. Must have been a long walk, but uh... I don't remember anything we've talked about..."
    -SLOWLY FREAKING OUT-

The tobiano stallion beamed happily as he watched her prance in the water. Partly it was that it seemed the brown mare had truly reverted back to her hole-digging self. The location changes didn’t seem the phase her much, he noted to himself with happiness. The other… well, Clark was glad to share this beach with a new friend. Cool places were pretty boring when he explored only by his lonesome self!

Satisfied that she wasn’t too alarmed, his dark eyes then glanced around their surroundings again, settling on the gentle ebb and flow of the white-kissed waves further along on the beach. He traced their recession, following a small wave as it retreated back into the horizon and found himself wondering yet again where that ocean ended. He had almost followed it once, just to see how far the waters reached, but something in him was afraid he’d just follow forever and never see land again. A braver horse would have tried regardless. A smarter one would have realized he had magic and could easily transport back. But he was neither, and so, he stayed on the beach.

Luckily, before he could get too lost in his musings, the sound of gagging brought him back to the present. He quickly turned his head back to face the bay mare, just in time to hear her complaints about the water. A grin broke out on his lips as she spoke, partially at finally discerning her name and partially from just the situation. “I don’t think you’ll die...” he started, his grin becoming larger and larger as he continued, “But you might turn into a fish!”

He was just debating whether to turn them into scaly, slippery things with fins when she stepped out of the water. Dang, he thought – too late. But her tone seemed more serious suddenly, and consequently, he found himself wiping his dorky smile off his face as he followed her out of the surf. “It’s some weird thing I was born with… I don’t quite understand it, but somehow it lets me do strange things… like bring us to pretty beaches.” He paused, watching her, anticipating the worst. “I hope you didn’t mind…”

fate she hears me | fate stand near me | fate state clearly
    whether there will be another card