• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Back Again
    Tongue 
    Hooves pounded against the dirt as the small, 13.2 hh appaloosa pony charged down the hill, thrilled to be back again. She had been travelling far and wide, searching for the right place to stay, but there just wasn't anywhere special. Well, anywhere but here. Vayna was born here, grew up here, and watched her family flourish here. Just like the saying, there was no place like home. 

The small horse bend her chestnut neck, nosing around at the dry, slightly greening blades of grass. She snorted and pawed at the hard ground in disgust. There was absolutely no decent grazing grounds. She kept on moving, tail curling along her rump in a graceful swish to rid herself on the flies. They never seem to leave!

With every bend and extension of the appaloosa's petite legs, the more tired she grew. She had been on the move for many hours. Maybe she could just take a little rest? She found a small dip in the ground, dotted with buttercup flowers and dandelions. Off to one side, there was a large oak, obscuring the ground with it's shadows. She figured this would be a safe enough place to rest for a few minutes. 

She padded to the base of the oak tree, lowering her delicate frame to the ground with a soft grunt. Sore legs and frogs instantly feeling better once the weight was lifted off of them. With a drowsy sigh of relief, she rested her spotted head down upon her forelegs, eyes fluttering closed. Soon, she found herself drifting off into a deep slumber.
    Espíritu de Fuego walked into the field, tired from the journey. He was looking for a mare so he could start a herd. His muscles moved under his short chestnut coat, his dark brown eyes shone and the white circle around his eye and splash of white on his rump shone in the sun. After a while, he lay down, not seeing the mare that lay nearby.
    Hours and hours had passed and slowly, the pony began to drift back into reality. Eyes burst open with a distressed snort. How long had she lay here!? She needed to get moving! Hazel eyes darted about, catching the sight of a stallion. This startled her more, and she quickly got to her feet, tail lashing with self annoyance. She vowed she would never let this happen again. The liver chestnut mare made her way to the top of the dip in the ground, which she had made camp for a while. Her slender neck turned to give her a better view of the horizon.

She could see the tips of the jungle, remembering The Amazons, and smiled. Maybe she could go there? But that wasn't exactly her thing. She knew there were dangerous stallions roaming the fields, and that is why she ought to find a place to stay and fast. The outskirts of the jungle would be her best bet for now. Then, it occurred to her that there was a stallion right behind her.

She had forgotten! Boy, she was a very forgetful creature. Audits pinned to her cranium, and her head turned back around. Upon seeing he was not yet stirring, she figured it would be safe enough to scout out the edges of the dip, deciding if for sure if she would head towards the jungle.
    Espíritu de fuego woke with a start, seeing that apparently there was a mare, now waking, in the same little dip as him. I kept his breathing steady, and as soon as she started wandering about the edges of the dip in witch he lay, he said "Hello, madam. I am sorry, is this your encampment?" He gave her a genuine smile, hoping that she would not be frightened.
    She was just about to make up her mind, when a strange sound from behind her spoke up. Startled, she let out another snort, whirling around on her small, but graceful hooves. It was the stallion! And he had arose from his slumber. He said something. Asking if this was her camp. Frankly, it was not, but she had slept in it for quite some time.

She pondered wether to answer, or bolt. She was rather fast, and it would be an easy job even if he came after her. But, she remembered her manners. If he showed any kind of aggression, or anything made her feel incomfortable, she would run.

"Um... No, this is not my home." She nickered softly.

Her chestnut tail gave another slight swish and she shook her head ever so gently. Her forelock got caught up behind her ears, and her nostrils flared. Vayna was careful to make sure she was a good distance away, and her hazel eyes rested intently on the stallion, not planning to take them off him anytime soon.
    "Well, madam, pardon me if I have startled you, I have been looking for a mare as to start a herd with." He was surprised at how easily the words come tumbling out of his mouth. "My name is Espíritu de Fuego, what is your's?"
    Vayna gulped again. This is not what she wanted. Not at all. She twitched her ears and listened to his name, slightly intrigued at how complex it was. She swished her tail again, the two toned strands hitting her flank and brushing against her hocks as they fell back down. 

"My name is Vayna." She replied, the one word name slipping out of her mouth like nectar. 

She continued to stare down at him, watching and assessing his every move. She was not about to trust the likes of him just yet. A slight breeze blew in, slapping against her neck and bringing her mane up in a flurry of liver chestnut plumage. 

This emphasized her boldness, which made her smirk just a bit. Her eyes wandered off to the side just a bit before scurrying back to the stranger stallion.
    "Well, that is a rather pretty name." Said Espíritu de fuego. "Hey...." The chestnut stallion, as if just getting an idea. "Would you like to e in my herd?"
    Vayna frowned. How was she going to reply respectfully to this? She didn't want herd life. She wanted to be the independent mare she knew she was. Her father had taught her to fight, and her mother had taught her two very valuable things. To be respectful, but also, to say no. Vayna was quite the warrior. She had plenty of scars, one of which was very visible. The pink scar tissue ran from her poll, and down her neck to her breast. The scar was not fat. It was rather skinny, obviously made by some kind of claw. She had another on her her wither though, looking quite like a star. This one was inflicted by none other than a stallion.

She lowered her head, deciding she would make a deal. If he would not boss her around, and she could do whatever she pleased, he could come with her. But, she would not tolerate following him, and taking orders from him. She was just that kind of mare.

"If, I can do whatever i want, and if, I make up the rules, then yes, you can tag along." She made sure to put extra emphasis on the last few words, making sure that she would be joining his herd, but she would have some control.

She raised her brow quizzically, wondering if he would follow through with it. It was a lot a ask, especially from a male. They seemed to hate when mares had more power.
    [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Espíritu de Fuego narrowed his eyes, only slightly. She was exactly what he needed in a lead mare. "If I may, Vanya, I would like to, ummm modify this agreement, only slightly. Instead of one of us being leader over the other, we shall be equals. You see, I have not a herd to speak of, nor do you, so we shall find a land to claim, and start a herd. You shall be lead mare, and I, lead stallion. We will share in strength, and have a glorious herd. What do you think of that?[/color]