• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and now the storm is coming in -- Kindling

no matter what they say, I am still the king

It is always nice to get something you want – for who doesn’t revel in achieving their desires? The less desirable part is paying back when it is due. Who wants to pay when they already have what they want? No wonder you’re bitter, you scarcely got to try out your new legs before being harried away to the Valley. It’s like having a Christmas morning as a child, only to be scurried off to a relative’s before you’ve had time to play. Alas, my Kindling, there will be plenty of time for play.
    The Valley- you’ve been here before, although you hardly remember it. You once ruled here, these pine forests and hill and dale were under your scope, not mine. But you don’t remember it – not a single bit of it, instead you come as a member (or, forced), not a ruler.
    Camrynn had told Eight of her little present – a new member to add to the ever growing hierarchy. Eight was flattered, to say the least. Although he wasn’t quite sure what a forced membership would achieve. At the very least, it would give the newborn mare (that’s you) a new chance at life. Perhaps you’d fall in love with the Valley all over again, curling up into her womb like you once had. Or perhaps, you would realize that you heart had changed – and it was the light you needed, not the dark.
    Eight is waiting – he knows you’d eventually meander your way here. You had to, you see. You had promised a magician. And there was no Indian giving when it came to sorcerers.  You materialize in his mind, picking your way along the path to cross the border. He gives you a moment, to prepare yourself (reacquaint, perhaps?), before he appears before you.
    “Good to see you’ve made it, Kindling.” His magic surrounds the area, sealing a barrier to make sure that no one hears the words he speaks – after all, it would be unfair for him to spoil your big secret. “Welcome to the Valley.” He cocks his head, inviting you to walk to the heart of his home, speaking as you stroll under the earthen pines. “I understand you’ve made a deal with Camrynn. I won’t force you to stay, an unwilling member is useless. But you will be bound to us here at the Valley. Should you choose to leave, your allegiance come fight or raid will be with us.” Yes, how kind of him. He is willing to let you go, if you so truly loathe it here. But for one war, one raid, or one fight – you would be fighting for the Valley, regardless of where your true home lay. “However,” he continues, lazily swaying his walk through the light dappled forest. “I do hope you stay.” He stops at the mouth of the forest, looking out to the heart of the Valley. She’s missed you. He whispers into your mind –so soft that you may not even hear it.

and now the storm is coming, the storm is coming in