• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you set my soul alight

peel away the layers till you're nothing and no one

And somehow, he still denies it. Kirke closes her eyes momentarily, steeling herself. Does he take her for an idiot?! He clearly fixed the bird! She saw it with her own two eyes.

But his sarcastic ‘comeback’ does hold some promise, whether he intended it to or not. “No that’s stupid. Even if you can fix things, you clearly have no idea what you’re doing. We should test it on something like a mouse. Or another bird.” And considering where they are, they likely won’t have far to go to find some injured little creature. Her uncles particularly enjoying inflicting pain, and when they cannot find horses, they make do with what little creatures they can find about the Cove. She doesn’t particularly like the practice, but she understand why they do it - they need to keep their skills honed and at the ready. Who knows when they might be called upon to fight for Khaos’ glory?

“Come on, lets look around for something that’s hurt.” She slips through the sands and scrabbles up the path through the cliffs, pausing once to check if he’s following. She doesn’t particularly care whether he does or not though - she will track down a hurt animal herself and drag it back to him if necessary.

As she’d suspected, it doesn’t take long. After a few minutes of searching through the long grasses at the top of the cliff she discovers a young rabbit with two freshly crushed legs. The legs are on opposite sides of its body, so its clear that it’s the result of one of the Coveling’s games rather than an accident. She glances around to see if the boy is near. “Hey, what’s-your-name … I found one.” She pauses, head cocked to the side. “What is your name, by the way? I’m Kirke.”

kirke

Messages In This Thread
    you set my soul alight - by warner - 01-25-2016, 12:19 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 01-25-2016, 03:39 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by warner - 01-29-2016, 10:13 PM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 02-08-2016, 04:54 PM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by warner - 02-21-2016, 01:31 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 02-29-2016, 01:11 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by warner - 03-11-2016, 08:10 PM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 04-10-2016, 10:11 PM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by warner - 04-28-2016, 12:04 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 05-15-2016, 12:57 AM