• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

"Thunder is the sound of hoofbeats in heaven..."
    Djinni is not at ease - a rare occurrence - but beyond her hesitation, she does manage to hide it. Despite her lack of experience in conflict, Djinni is well-versed in self-protection. When Raxa becomes more defensive, Djinni does the same, though the change is not visible in her body language, but rather in her body itself.

The sleek Arabian physique that she has so gracefully worn gradually thickness. Her chest becomes broader, her muscle more pronounced, the crest of her neck high enough to rival a stallion’s. Djinni cannot fight - but she can make herself look like she’s a battle-hardened warrior.

She does not mean to be aggressive though, only to appease her own sense of uncertainty, so she does her best to keep her friendly smile. Raxa mentions the snow, and Djinni glances away, looking over the snow-covered hills with a pensive nod.

“It stays cold here longer than in other parts of Beqanna,” she says, gesturing toward the south, where she knows that the jungle of the Amazons never sees any snow. “I’ve never liked the snow much; I was born in the Desert.” Se copes with unease by being chatty, it seems. Djinni is learning all sorts of new things about herself.

Rana seems comfortable enough to continue the conversation, which Djinni is glad for. Perhaps she can still salvage her pride in being a social creature.

“I don’t quite live anywhere yet,” She admits, “Though I’m considering the Chamber.” She’s been thinking on it for days, and while the pine forests are appealing, the snow there lasts longer than she’d like. “The snow should melt in a few weeks if you plan on exploring more; until then it’ll be slow going on foot.”

Her reply sounds dreary, as if she’d dooming Raxa to more weeks alone in the snow. Djinni realizes that as the words leave her moth, and she doesn’t quite like the way that it sounds. “Are you looking for a new home? I know a bit about all the kingdoms, though not so much about herds."
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: "Thunder is the sound of hoofbeats in heaven..." - by Djinni - 01-28-2016, 11:51 AM