• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what am I fighting for; herds
    Reposting since the last thread didn't go anywhere. Tongue

Morigan
    WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE. FOR ALL THESE WORDS I SING, DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?
    God, she’s not sure how she feels about being back here.  

Morigan winces as she steps over the border of the field, brown eyes darting about.  The field is much the same as it was the last time she was here, but the faces, the faces are all different.  It’s probably a good thing though.  There’s no one left for her here - all that were close to her are long gone.  And she has no desire to reminisce with old acquaintances. 

She’s really, really not sure why she’s come back.

Perhaps part of her is hoping that Ruan is here after all, even though she knows that he too has left Beqanna.  It’s been so, so long since she last saw her baby brother, and she misses him every day.  But he wouldn’t come back here.  There’s no reason to come back here.  Their mother is long dead.  There’s nothing to tie him here, nothing to bring him back.

She continues her way through the field, for the moment avoiding eye contact with the other horses that have congregated.  The field is supposed to be where horses seek out new companions and homes, but she doesn’t feel like talking to anyone, not quite yet anyway.

She settles in to a far corner of the field, still looking at the ground.  She can’t help but dwell on Ruan.  Where is her little brother now?  Is he safe?  Is he … happy?  She certainly hopes so.  But there’s no way for her to know.

SAID I'M OKAY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO LIE. YOU WERE ALL THAT I HAD, YOU WERE DELICATE AND HARD TO FIND.
    TIERNAN

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

It had been some time since he had come back to Beqanna. He had taken some time to go home, to visit and remember the family that he had left along the isles of green. He had missed them, the overwhelming family that had caused him to wander along by himself for so long so long ago. His only regret that they had not been able to meet Willa, as he had been unable to find his wayward daughter before he had set out on his journey.

But he was back now, having traveled the long days and nights that it had taken for him to return. Beqanna called to him, just as the isles of green and lilting voices did. However, this was his home and he was glad to be back, despite the sadness that filled him here. There were memories and that is how he tried to remember it all.

It was not a surprise to his writer when he sees her there before him, with her eyes downcast and her body language all caged in on itself. He was drawn to the broken ones, the ones with no homes and no one to love them. He would love them, and care for them and keep them safe. He would be their knight, until he couldn't be any longer.

Mares were special to him, the broken ones more so. Which was odd, because his family was not broken. The mares there were strong and willful and sassy. Perhaps that is it then. Perhaps he needs to be needed when he had not been. He does not rightly know, because he had never felt as lonely with his family as he did here.

But he goes to her, his steps slow, easy and if his eyes seemed a bit more weary than they normally might would have he doesn't notice. The smile on his lips is genuine and his body language non-threatening. "Are you alright my dear?" His words lilting off his tongue.

Morigan
    WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE. FOR ALL THESE WORDS I SING, DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?
    It doesn’t take long for someone to approach her, though she really shouldn’t be surprised. In the world of Beqanna, Morigan sticks out, just a little bit. Though uncommon colours are becoming more common by the day, purple spots are still an oddity. It makes sense that she would be approached - she’s a curiosity.

The fellow is far more ordinary than the last stallion that had approached her in the field. That stallion had been a little more unsettling in appearance (though she well understands odd appearances). This stallion though is a handsome grullo, with a seemingly friendly personality.

And apparently caring too.

Her eyes seek out his, then drop back to the ground as he asks if she’s alright. It’s a harder question to answer than it should be. Is she alright? Physically, yes. But mentally?

Her mother is dead, her brother is missing, and deep inside she feels a great, all encompassing sense of … loss. It’s hard to describe. But she’s not exactly about to share that with some stallion she’s only just met. He seems nice enough, but she doesn't trust that quickly.

“I’m alright, thanks for asking. Just a bit tired I suppose.” He might see through the excuse, but if he is the polite creature he seems to be, he won’t pry further. “I’m Morigan.” She finally lifts her head to meet his gaze again, wondering where he’s from. Hopefully not a kingdom. She plans on steering clear of those for a long time.
    SAID I'M OKAY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO LIE. YOU WERE ALL THAT I HAD, YOU WERE DELICATE AND HARD TO FIND.
    TIERNAN

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

He wouldn't have cared if she had been the most common color in all the world, he would have still approached her, if only to make sure she was okay (as he was doing now). Her body language screamed that she was hiding, attempting to pull in on herself until she was nothing more than something small and unimportant and not worth the time for someone to investigate. Tiernan had seen it before, another beautiful broken girl. He would do his best to put her to rights.

Tiernan was that guy it was easy to love because he was so damn nice, so easy to get along with and really just wanted whatever was best for you. Unfortunately for the poor guy he was often loved in just a friendly fashion and never the soul consuming love that he wanted. He wanted love so hot and fast that it burned him, and then when the flames died down they simmered for the rest of their lives.

He doesn't miss the way her eyes drop from him at his question, but he is nothing but steady and so he is quiet and patient as she decides what to tell him. He almost smiles at what she tells him, instead he merely nods slightly acknowledging what she said. "Hmm." He says, making a noise in his throat and seeming to take in the foliage surrounding them. He was thankful for summer, for the heat that beat on his back in the sunshine and green on the branches around them. The trees were less numerous here but they were here, despite it being a field.

"Understandable. This heat could make anyone tired." He turns his eyes back to her, and there is something knowing in his eyes that tells her he's not fooled but is willing to let it go for now. "My name is Tiernan." And for a moment he is not sure what he ought to do, then he sighs. "Morigan," He pauses, his words thick with his brogue. "Would you do me the honor of coming home with me? I don't have a place right now, but you look like you want a place that is safe and I tire of the Field and Meadow and Forest. You can help me pick it out." He says this with a small smile and he knows it is rather sudden but he was just ready to go home. To find what he needed out here and return to a place that was his and that he keeps safe. "I am sorry for the suddenness of it." He says with a small bob of his head even as he waits for her answer.

Morigan
    He’s every bit the gentleman he had appeared to be at first glance. She can tell that he’s noticed her reluctance to open up, and is grateful for his willingness to go along with her excuse. She’s always had a hard time opening up to others, even those few members of her immediate family - it would be even more challenging to talk about her life with this stranger. For now, anyway.

She nods gently at his comment about the heat, letting that be the reason, and a soft, hesitant smile crosses her face. “Nice to meet you Tiernan.” It is nice, in a way. Despite her reluctance to open up to him, she’s glad for the company. She’s been on her own in the lands outside Beqanna for so long … a friendly face is very welcome.

And then comes his offer. It is both unsurprising and surprising. Unsurprising in that they are both in the field, the territory where the homeless come to seek out new homes. Surprising in that he does not yet quite have a home to offer. But he is right about one thing - she doesn’t want to spend her days roaming about the field, the meadow or the forest. A quiet place to call home would be most welcome.

So long as it is far from the Valley and the memories it holds.

“I … I would like that.” Her small smile widens, just a little. “That’s alright. We are in the field after all.” She wonders if he has any places in mind. Once again, she hopes it’s far from the Valley.