• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

run in circles it's a mad world [VOUDOU;any]

kult

I am a storm that will swallow the children
    and I will deliver them to the kingdom of pain

Again he finds himself the leader, a position he has awkwardly had to pick up slack on as of late. A position he was not exactly suited for.

Kersey was missing. She was the leader, she was the one he followed, she was his security blanket. Where he had left her last, well, she hadn't been there when he had returned. Try as he might, he hadn't the slightest of luck tracking her down either. He had even asked the Mothers up in the hills if they had seen his sister. Well, the first one.

When he had graced the women with his presence he was surprised to find another sibling, a sister, grazing with his Dam. Upon arrival he had only thought to see the silvered coat of Kingpin, instead he was greeted by a very Kersey-looking girl. Except where Kersey had been a purpled-pink at the points, this one was a deep forest green against her bay coat. Not only that, but Mother was once again with child.

Now he was left to do the dirty work on his own, like he was now, leading a tall black woman to their lands. Returning from the fields for the first time in his life with a prize and not a trophy.

He hadn't been much for conversation on the trip, not that he had ever been. Instead he led her away from the fields, as soon as she said she would come. Snaking his way across Beqanna in an awkward pattern. The highlight of the journey, for him at least, was when he had deftly smashed a few passing shrews.

Only when they reached his home did he make any attempt to start a conversation. "Cove." He said simply, standing on one of many hills overlooking the waves- the water crashing and lapping at the beach.

"Kirin." Hes poke again, gesturing to a lavender blot against the sky.

@[Voudou]

Voudou followed. It was difficult for her to swallow her pride and not just charge ahead of him; she knew where the cove was and she was certainly capable of leading the way. But she stayed behind, if only by a couple paces.

Kult seemed uninterested in conversation, and it was just as well, she didn't need to get to know him, hell she didn't even care what position he held within the herd. As far as the black vixen was concerned, the cove would only be a place to live because she was generally unwelcome in the gates. That prissy princess Sidra hadn't exactly warmed up to her in their last meeting. Fair enough though, Voudou had basically shown up uninvited, having not been to the gates since that princess was only an infant, and thrown a few insults at the brat's mother. The raven mare wasn't good at making friends, or holding back her sarcastic words. To this day, the only one who had enjoyed her company, rather than just tolerate it, was Jason.

After winding through beqanna, through a scattered and random path that certainly wasn't the most direct route (though Voudou didn't mind, she enjoyed wandering and exploring), they finally arrived at the edge of the territory. She had to pause momentarily, taking in the scenery and a long, painful breath before following him inside. This would be her home now, at least for a while. The salty air hit her like a brick wall, stinging her lungs that had gone so long without a sea breeze to clean them. They stopped on a hill, giving a magnificent view of the never-ending ocean waves that gently rolled onto a sandy beach. Voudou did her best to keep from looking too happy. She wasn't upset per say, but she would rather be caught dead than grateful, thus her ears stayed just slightly cocked backwards, and an annoyed tail flick persisted. His voice arose once more, still keeping his sentences as short as possible. Cove. Yes. Of course it was the cove, not exactly something to be pointed out.

Then he nodded towards a figure standing a little ways off, a purple, magnificent beast. Kirin huh? Voudou hadn't heard of him, but that didn't mean much. As far as gossip went, Voudou was completely uninterested unless it could give her fuel for cruel jokes. "Leader here?" she questioned, still looking at the silhouette rather than Kult. At this point she wasn't going to waste her breath on sarcastic remarks, it made no difference with the dull stallion she was with. Perhaps if Voudou just shortened her sentences up the way he did, she might actually get some information out of him.

voudou

I Can't Take Back The Words I Never Said

kult

A flick of his tail. If Kult could ever admit to being gracious it was with this mares demeanor. He could be appreciative of the fact that she did not insist on gnawing his only good ear off-like most females tended to attempt. Perhaps when it came down to it, that was why he picked her, she just wasn't like the other mares roaming the fields. Currently he was feeling rather pleased about his choice, perhaps Kirin would like her too. Perhaps she was a good pick after all and his brother would be pleased with him.

The dark woman seems uninterested with his revelations on his home's namesake. Maybe she already knew, of course she did, why wouldn't she? It's only when he mutters his brother's name that she has any reaction from his speech.

"Yes. Leader." He nods,a swift, curt motion of his head. "One of them." He smiles a bit crookedly again, misshapen almost, the way it distorts his maw. "My brother." His eyes darken more, if one could imagine it possible, brows furrowing. "Oldest brother." He corrects himself, looking more certain now. Then he straightens, looking her over, almost critically in the way he flicks his dark eyes over her body. What she doesn't know is he inspects her for filth, dirt, the like. Kirin did not like when Kult brought anything back covered in a layer of dust or dirt. He'd make sure she had time to clean, freshen up as some girls liked to call it. Though he would have to find a tactful way to do so, because like it or not- this one wasn't just a girl.

"Come. Show." He tosses his fading head to the side, he would show her around a bit. "Water. Nice" Which it was nice enough, the ocean, but the words fell awkwardly past his nose. He wasn't accustomed to any manner of thing, to being a host. Really, Kult was no host at all. Except for hosting games, that he liked, that he was good at. If he was lucky, he'd sneak her off to wash before Kirin caught wind of them. If he was luckier, maybe he'd find her again later for game playing. He felt she might be the type to appreciate it.

Oh finally some words.

She turned just slightly towards him, watching him only out of the corner of her eye, still moving her gaze between him and Kirin. What was this? Some sort of emotion? In the middle of his series of muttered sentences he managed to catch Voudou's full attention. Behind his eyes, and beneath the...smile? Is that what that was? Anyway, hidden underneath there was something, though what it was Voudou couldn't tell. The sufferings of the younger brother? Straight up lack of conversation skills? Never before had she been unable to read emotions on another horse. A majority of her life had been devoted to seeking out weaknesses, be it based on words or body language, and attacking them. For sport of course. Voudou had never been one to stick around long enough to completely crush her enemies, and she preferred to just weaken them emotionally to the point that they destroyed themselves, much more fun to watch.

Arching her neck (and almost painfully stretching out the scar that ran up the length of it), Voudou bit at her chest, relieving an itch. God those stupid scars. She didn't, however, miss how he eyed over her, scanning every inch of her pelt without so much as a clue towards what he was thinking. What a strange stallion.

He spoke again, throwing his head in a small toss to the side, making this his most outgoing since he first approached her. Figuring he was just going to show her around a bit, Voudou gave a curt nod. Oh the water? Her expression lit up perhaps a bit more than she intended, her ears now perked foward with anticipation. The ocean's waters, while not ideal for a swim being cold and salty, had always fascinated her. Maybe it was because they were so endless and unexplored, and she had spent a great deal of her time in the gates plunging into the icy waters just to see how deep below the surface she could go. Of course, these days her scars would itch like a son of a bitch after a good salty swim, but it was worth it just to be where others were not. "Is there a place on the beach where the sand doesn't stretch into infinity? I love the water, hate getting covered in wet sand."

By this point it was clear with her body language she was eager to go, shifting her weight slightly but quickly from side to side, tail slightly raised and full attention on Kult. He might not be the most social equine on earth but it would be hard to miss. Hopefully he wouldn't try to parade her around the entire territory and stop at the ocean last, she could find her way around well enough. That was half the point of living somewhere new, just to have something to explore. Especially at night... Oh she loved the night. A good midnight swim always calmed her down and an entire new collection of critters snuck out of hiding once the sun disappeared. But that would come later. After the ocean.

voudou

kult

Make no mistake that his eyes observe, bottomless as they are. They both seem to fixate for moments on the lavender hued stallion drifting in the skies, making twists only aerials could manage. It is a sight to behold, he would not deny that, the grace with which Kirin flew was rarely matched.

Then he turns back to the black woman before him, eyeing the length of her neck as she reaches and bends it to alleviate an itch. He had a few scars himself, though they did not fuss him enough to dig at the skin, not anymore. For a time they all would aggravate him mercilessly as healing skin tends to do, and then he would forget them as soon as they had healed. Streaks of grey and pink flesh left behind, places the hair would not return.

That was always a curious thing to him, the way the skin no longer made way for fur. A strange thing he did not fully understand until he had once asked Kersey. Kersey was smart, Kersey was useful, he hoped this Voudou would be useful too.

He heads towards the sea, snaking a pattern across the hills, finding foot holes in the crags on the way down. He hadn't intended to give her a good tour really, just get her down to the water, get her clean. Kirin liked clean. It's only when she speaks again that he redirects their path, leading her to the expanse of obsidian fallen from the cliff side, worn smooth from time and salt water. "No sand." he retorts, though they were still a ways from the water. There simply was not really anywhere sandless by it really, except from the cliffs. Kult was all for adventure but he was not suicidal, he had tossed things from there a time or two. What didn't end up splattered across the jagged rock, never resurfaced- too broken to carry on.

This would have to do instead, the smooth black stones that shifted beneath his hooves, an uncanny surface to balance on. Maybe he wouldn't be able to get her clean at all, maybe he didn't have to either. Raelynx had brought a mare or two to the Cove, ones he kept to himself. Perhaps Kult could do the same, though he didn't really know what he would do with the woman. The fading bay had no inclination to romance or love, and he cringed at the thought of mounting anything to procreate. Who said he had to do either of those things? His dark eyes fell deep in thought as he stood, sniffing at the briny air until he spoke once more. "Mine." he said out loud after much consideration.

Eagerly she followed the brute, practically walking on top of him, and occasionally bumping into him when he would pause, looking for steady ground to hold up his weight before continuing. Voudou didn't care, she stumbled clumsily behind the brute, tripping occasionaly, especially as soft dirt and tall grasses gave way to rocks and loose gravel. It wasn't long before the salty air became almost painful in her lungs, hitting her airways sharply and powerfully, only further increasing her excitement for a swim.

It wasn't long before they came across a large patch of ground covered in smooth, loose stones. As they walked along, Voudou cherished the familiar clicking and grinding noises of her cracked hoofs on the black rock, walking just a bit more carefully now that the surface constantly shifted beneath her large frame. And there was the ocean, still a decent bit away, with sand in between. Voudou figured there wouldn't be anywhere nearby where there wasn't at least a small strip of sand separating her from the cool, turquoise waters, but it didn't mean she had to be happy about it. The black beast moved herself forward, pausing just at the edge of the sand, hesitant to cover herself in it.

"Mine."

The word was still ringing in her head when she whipped her head around to look at the stud. "I hope, for your sake, that you're talking about this stretch of the beach," she said, her voice piercing the air with a newfound anger, toxic and cruel. The thought of a good swim had completely disappeared as the mare twisted her body to face Kult, ears pinned back flush against her skull and eyes very suddenly cold and unforgiving. She would not belong to anybody, that was something she gave up long, long ago, and Voudou would not be some little trinket to parade around as a trophy, just to show off to the other brutes.

"I'll live here, but I am not yours, I belong to no-one, and I'm prepared to die defending my choice," she spat at him, eyes locked on his frame, looking for any inclination that he might resort to fighting. She would die for her freedom, without so much as a second thought, though a large part of her didn't expect him to put too much effort into the matter. He certainly didn't seem like the type to have a harem, hell he didn't even seem comfortable picking her up and bringing her here. Why he sought her out Voudou still had no idea, but not much was clear with Kult.

voudou

kult

Her hooves clatter with sound, a mess of noise as she picks the path behind him. Each time she falls, butts into his rear, his head snaps back with a glare. "Stop." He barks though it does little to keep the friesian from unsteadily pursuing him.

Bump, bump, bump. He winces, teeth grinding together with each press of flesh. Kult's single ear presses to his skull and it stays there for the remainder of their progression. She would need more practice finding footholds in the rocky slopes, but he had not expected her absolute disregard for making an attempt. She was eager, seemed eager and he could only assume she liked the ocean. He didn't see it's allure personally, though he did not hate the water, he just didn't think it so grand to get excited about.

Relief floods him when they reach the stretch of obsidian, finally Voudou is treading with care and he side steps out of her way to avoid further contact. It's almost when she begins towards the water that her mood changes, sours. It was apparent to him that she did not want to be his, he gruffed, snorted, "Mine anyways." He nodded his head, deaming it so in his mind and proceeded to the water. "Come, my company then. Not for Kirin, for Kult." His head bobbed as he chittered to himself, speaking more words now than he ever dared utter in the presence of most.

"Voudou for Kult, not for Kirin." He insisted completely disregarding her distaste for it, he just simply wasn't reasoned with. "You won't die. Live with Kult, find games, watch Cove. Useful." For Kult it was all decided and he tossed his head to chilled water, throwing the salty wetness at her with his maw.

Voudou glared at the brute as he dared to continue speaking. The gears twisted and turned in her head, her teeth pressed tightly together, clenched to keep herself from trying to lash out towards him. She followed him towards the waters edge, not because she was obediant and would stay with him, rather she despised not having the chance to get the last words in. Kult would not have the final say in this matter, and of that she was certain. Voudou cringed slightly as she sunk lightly into the sand, knowing it would stick to her for days, and as he tossed some of the salty sea water at her she did nothing more than snort.

"No."

Her statement was simple enough hopefully even for the stupid brute to understand. The raven fae would not belong to anyone, ever, at least not her physical being. Her heart? Well to some extent she supposed that belonged to Jason, not that she would willingly admit to it. After glaring at Kult for a few more moments, Voudou turned away and began thudding back the way they had come in. She didn't move particularly fast, fleeing wasn't her objective here, her steps heavy and slow but each one filled with intention; with purpose and anger.

She found the path back up the hill to be easier without Kult's ugly butt in front of her, despite the wave of hatred clouding her thoughts and blurring her vision. What felt like centuries later she finally escaped the precarious path and landed herself once more upon soft grasses, where the vixen stopped and looked out upon the ocean. It was never ending, an infinite stretch of calm waves that forever kissed the edges of the land, and would forever disappear into the skyline. Someday, she vowed, Voudou would find the end of the waters, she would find the edge of the world where the sun broke free from the darkness, even if it meant death.

Realizing she had become distracted, the mare glanced around looking for the one-eared idiot, knowing full well that he could just be following her (not that she really knew what to expect with him).

voudou

kult

No

She might as well have been speaking to a brick wall. Talking to herself, or the deaf. Her protest reaching his ear but leaving no trace of influence. In truth, Kult didn't rightly care what she wanted. This was a herd, in herds females belonged to the males in one way or another, Kult knew this. And, she had followed, followed him, which was the lesser of the evils for the woman though she was like to know it not.

Kult would never mount her for one and he couldn't place the same faith in his kin. He would not do much with her really, except say she was for him, his mare. Perhaps they could play games together too, he would like that very much- he was sore about Kersey's disappearance.

He splashes about, the icy water had it's own bite but it was refreshing nonetheless. He made no move to immediately follow the raven colored female but eventually he did- emerging from the waters dripping. The path up was a familiar one, an old route and he snaked his way up with a practiced footing, emerging on the grasses still soaked with sea water. For a moment he just watches Voudou, standing in silence looking out over the hills and to the horizon, clearly not paying much mind to him. With this he shakes, much like a dog, sending the wetness from his skin and out into the air in a spray.

"Stay?" He asks, finding his way up beside her, looking once with his blackened gaze before turning it towards the oceans end.

What could she be looking at?