• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Every you, Every me ( Ghoest / Anyone)
    Vianne was doing well in keeping up with the changes that were handed down to her, even if she seemed reluctant. There was even a part of her that grew restless with being so alone all the time in the Golden plains. The small Filly that was also there wasn't all that welcoming, creating a strange mental and emotional push for Vianne to keep to herself. It was a difficult feat to move as languidly as she could being that her thoughts constricted much of her natural movements.

She wasn't accustomed to being part of a herd and rather enjoyed what time she spent living a tumbled lifestyle. Of course there were prosperity of being in a place like the Golden Plains, however what good were the propensities if there wasn't anyone to share them with? She was starting to search for something that mattered to her, anything to quench her worries and fears. For now Vianne was simply enjoying the scenery around her, the way other animals around her seemed to be ignoring her in such a prudish style only indicating that the tiny mare was an annoyance rather than a threat.

{i remember how it burns}
    {slowly like a cigarette}
    This was proving to be more difficult than she had ever imagined.

The roaned mare pulled herself forward, finally re-emerging into the social world. She hadn't even attempted to talk to another soul since Khaos died, leading her to leave Silver Cove before his sons had a chance to keep her there. It had been years and Ghoest could still hear his cold voice everywhere she went, she could still see that metallic body glimmering slightly in the sunlight. But finally the pressures of living alone were getting to her; the fae simply could not take care of herself anymore.

At this point, she was thin once more, though not quite holding the resemblance of a skeleton yet. Ghoest had spent all this time avoiding any contact at all with another stallion, for fear that he might punish her. For what? she didn't know, but no other stallion in her past had necessarily needed a reason other than that Ghoest never seemed to be good enough. And now, maybe she wouldn't even be able to find a stallion that would want her, with a giant "K" scarred across her left side, grayed and hairless. Khaos had told her it was so that everyone else would know she was his, but what should she do now that he was gone? Get another letter carved into her other side? That didn't seem like a good plan.

Her legs moved, drawing her towards the forest, a place she had wandered through before but never stayed or communicated with anyone. A snapping of twigs nearby jolted the mare, freezing her in place with her auds perked forward and nostrils flaring. While her impulse was to run, it had been beaten into her to stay put, and running always seemed to make things worse. Taking in a breath, she noted that while it was another horse, it was also a mare. A wanderer like herself? Perhaps. Still, she wanted to bolt, to flee away as a blur, never to be seen again by this equine. But she stayed, her obedience far too ingrained into her. Instinctively, Ghoest lowered her head slightly, and waited to see if the mare would come to her or wander past, ignoring the roan completely.
    tags Vianne, 374 words. notes, blehhh it'l get better i swear haha.
    But I had already left the demons at my doorstep, and swept their dust and roses beneath the carpet; let their skulls rot and pile onto my mailbox, having never read their skeletal love letters.

There was a part of Vianne that was wasting away without some sort of companionship, longing for a connection with another being, wander-lusting for a momentary belonging. Lost and quite restless, like a childless mother with the surmise of corrupted thoughts, all consuming her every thought and her heart, that beat too was becoming painful than ever, with it's ugly beating noise. Up ahead she paused in a momentary state of paralysis as she noticed something...or rather yet, someone else in the near by distance, she seemed to be struggling with discontentment and anguish. Vianne's nose flared with a dewy steam as the flesh along her spine raked and writhed with excited tremors. Her frosty hued gaze studied the other mare with silent ambiance before she attempted to take another ginger step towards the brow beaten female.

Creeping closer now her gaze moved to the ground , her crooning lips moistened some of the closer leaves that grew just under their hooves. Carefully touching Ghoest on the cheek with admiration. Her touches and affections was an amplified puncture, desperate, wanton, yearning and longing, desolate and forlorn " Why are you so sad?" She asked the debauched mare, never-minding the large K on her side. It was ignored, disregarded due to Viann'es inability to read. As far as she knew, the scars could have been from anything.

(( it's ok! and sorry if it's a bit short))

{we all are living in a dream}
    {and life aint what it seems}
    Ghoest stood, head low and watched the mare approach her. The roan's breathing was quiet but fast paced and shallow, focusing her gaze now on the dirt, skin twitching in anticipation. Clearly the stranger wasn't going to gracefully ignore her, which is what Ghoest would have preferred.

And then a touch.

The mare nearly jumped inside of her own skin, holding back enough that she simply pulled her head very slightly away. She could feel the hot breath of the arabian on her cheek, taking a small step away when she spoke. Ghoest twisted her head away, not eager to make eye contact, before speaking herself. "I'm not... er... It's just..." she tried to answer but could barely get the words out. Her voice was quiet but sweet, not necessarily innocent, more like a forced politeness. Taking a deep breath and closing her eyes, she tried once more. "It's just been a long time since I've talked to anyone... at all..."

Thoughts wandered momentarily to her son, Talbot. She hadn't heard from him in at least a year or two, and he was likely the last one to give her any attention. Taking a larger step back, Ghoest finally looked up at the grayed mare. Her face was perfectly carved out, a gorgeous mare indeed. Still hesitant to look for too long, her eyes shifted from the mare to the dirt and back again. "I'm, uh... I'm Ghoest."
    tags Vianne, 238 words. notes, _______.
    The taste of sweet grass lingered on the pallet of Viannes tongue even long after she had her little feast hours ago.Watching the way Ghoest moved , Vianne's spirit had diminished quite a bit , as well as what little pride she had welled up in her tiny frame. As Ghoest twitched when Vianne reached to touch her , she made a point of sounding distracted " I'm Vianne.." as she turned to connect their eyes once more as if Ghoest had suddenly became the strange mares object of affection. There was no telling how long Vianne planned on smothering this poor mare with her unwanted company.

Even though she was unsure of saying anything to provoke Ghoest further, making her out to be a grotesque remnant of a woman who knew how to function and operate with precision. Her brain was still working, sort of comprehending what was happening despite the slight seizure she had. Her nose flared and her eyes dilated , but with a timid shake of her mane she was able to shake off the small quake. Vianne had little concern for herself now, partially because the need to to nurture others seemed to dull her senses " I can help you practice talking...to others I mean. I'm not all that good with socializing either". Vianne was pretty socially awkward.

{we all are living in a dream}
    {and life aint what it seems}
    Ghoest didn't miss the momentary pause on Vianne's part, her eyes widening slightly followed by nostrils, shaken off by a quick toss of the mane. The roan was curious but didn't bother to ask about it, wasn't really her business anyway. She stepped back once more, feeling much more comfortable with some space between them, finally releasing a breath that she hadn't even noticed she was holding.

"No, Vianne.. you uh... you don't understand," Ghoest muttered, just slightly more confident and relaxed as Vianne showed no signs of doing her any harm. "I uh.. I'm not used to being really..." she drifted off, trying to figure out a good way to put it, "...allowed to talk... I guess.."

Ghoest knew she was no good at socializing, at least with anything beyond a captor and captive relationship. She also knew she shouldn't miss the cove, but a large part of her did. When she was in the cove, she knew everyone and most everyone left her alone. There, she had food and water and she was never skinny or ill. In theory she was taken care of rather well. Right?

Finally she was able to straighten herself out a bit, and stand up a little taller as it became more clear that she was safe here.
    tags Vianne, 215 words. notes, sorry it's so short!.