• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing
    I'm looking for the sky to save me, 
    looking for a sign of life

She is so, so tired.

Carys slowly makes her way through the hills, her distended belly hanging painfully low, swaying from side to side as she steps through the grass. It will be her time soon, and this time, she can’t even bring herself to look forward to it.

She’d been able to muster up some hope for the birth of the twins - a little hope for a sweet, innocent little child to take after her - but she has nothing left. Halocyn is just the same as Kirke, not evil, but eager to please her father. And Apothyx … she shudders to think about the boy. There’s definitely something deeply wrong with the child.

The children aren’t even the worst of it. Every day here in the Cove is her own little personal hell, being constantly dogged and bullied by the members of the Cove.

She wishes it would end. She wishes she had thrown herself into the sea the day that stallion had stopped her.

The labour pains start early in the morning, and she quickly resigns herself to the whole process. Soon, yet another sticky bundle lies in the grass at her side. Despite her exhaustion (and the black pit that still threatens to swallow her whole), instinct pulls her to her feet and over to the child to clean it off. She doesn’t register much, other than it is a girl, and that she looks just like the twins - black, with a purple mane and tail. She doesn’t even bother to name her … not after last time. She won’t defy Kirin again.

carys
    html by maat

@[Tiny]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing - by Carys - 02-03-2016, 03:59 PM
    RE: I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing - by Apothyx/Halocyn - 02-23-2016, 08:39 PM