• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing

peel away the layers till you're nothing and no one

Kaide. Nothing special, but a suitable enough name for a relatively unremarkable girl. She nods her head in deference to her father as he turns his attention to her mother. Carys. A sneer threatens at the corner of her mouth.

Father calls for Potion and icy discomfort washes over her as her gifted sister appears. It’s embarrassing enough to have Carys for a mother, but to have Potion herself see what a pathetic waste Carys is? She wants nothing more than to hide, but she can’t do that with her father watching. Instead she holds her head high, fighting the urge to cringe as Father draws her closer to her mother. “No Father, we cannot.”

Father speaks of playing a game and Kirke instantly understands. Carys has long outlived her usefulness. It’s time to get rid of her.

Perhaps, this way, she can make up for her unfortunate parentage.

Potion steps forward, touching her mother and working her marvellous gift. Kirke can’t help but feel awe (mixed with hot, fierce, jealousy) as her mother shrinks and grows more youthful before her eyes. But Potion stops short of returning Carys to a bundle of cells. It’s up to Carys’ children to remove her (their disgrace) from the world.

Kirke steps forward first, eyes resolutely fixed upon the child that had been her mother. As the eldest, she will strike the first blow.

Carys looks at her with tear filled eyes, realization finally seeming to sink in. “K-Kirke?” Kirke rears up, rainbow wings flaring out at her sides. Deep in the darkest corner of her heart she still cares for the mare, but she buries it beneath the anger, frustration and desperation for her father’s affection. Her feet crash down on the small filly’s head with awful finality, then she steps back. She did not strike hard enough to kill - she must let her siblings have a chance at her too.

But she hopes her father lets her strike the killing blow.

kirke

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing - by Kirke - 02-22-2016, 03:37 AM
    RE: I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing - by Apothyx/Halocyn - 02-23-2016, 08:39 PM