• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we drove right past that no trespassing sign; VANQUISH/ANY
    Her life was nothing special. Perhaps even the typical life of a foal here in Beqanna. You had your happy stories, your sad stories and then the ones in between that were hardly worth mentioning. Her mother had loved her, in her own way. Chula had always been a standoffish mare and when Carnage had covered her and given her Feyre, well it was not surprising that Chula was a little enraged for a while. However she had birthed Feyre, kept her around and taught her a few things that might help her, might make her life a little easier.

Like fighting. No one knew the young black mare with the bald blue face was anything special. She was average size somewhere in the 15 hands range with a smile that was friendly if a little wary. Overall she really was nothing special.

But Chula had sent her on her way when she was old enough, strong enough to protect herself and so with a grunt and a nod the little black mare had settled on the place she would want to live.

There was always something about snow that she hated. The cold, the wet, the way it seemed to hinder your walking. She was either slipping on it or wading through it and neither sat well with her. Of course, her mother had moved some of it out of their way when they had been together. By herself, she found it was a hindrance she could live without. And so she headed towards the Deserts.

While she knew the nights would be chilly, the days would be equally hot and the mare was content with that. No doubt there would be days she roasted in the sun with her black coat, but for now she decided not to think too much into it. She lingered at the border, Chula having taught her it was often the best place to be, because one never knew if the king or queen would harm you for wandering in without an invitation.

Feyre had picked the Deserts for another reason, for the fact that it was a light kingdom. However she lingered there near the edge and waited.

(bleh sorry, new pony)

yael

Snow is the worst. The actual worst.

Yael’s coat is thin, her body more prone to lean muscle than warmth-saving fat, and her whole life has been spent under the unforgiving sun of the south. The thought of living somewhere that has four whole seasons, one of which she would be required to constantly use her magic to keep herself warm, is misery-inducing. She is fully aware that this reticence is reversed for most of the population, and that lush, green meadows or a vast forest are far more inviting than her sandy home will ever be. That’s ok with her. It keeps the kingdom quiet, and there numbers down to immediate relatives and those who truly want to be there.

A small, dedicated contingent is all Yael and Van need.
    Their hearts need not even be pure, just… not murderous.

Yael is always a little torn between pulling the ‘apparition act’ and just flying in like a normal horse when newcomers come knocking at their borders. Feeling rather lazy at the moment (it’s rare, but it happens), she opts for a slow appearance, with plenty of room between herself and the black mare. If she startles the stranger, it isn’t by intention, and she tries to appear with a welcoming smile on her face. When the gold and silver mare is fully corporeal, she closes the feet between them and greets the other brightly.

“Xello! Velcome to ze Desert. Xow can I xelp you?”

Their borders had been teeming with life these days, new scents of skin not yet spiced by their sands. It brought a fleet of a smile to his wide mouth, especially with the somber thoughts that had been draping his lofty shoulders as of late. Matters of the heart, especially those laced with regret, were easy to dwell upon but for now – the titan casts those to the side.

Yael is already there, lithe gold frame dazzling against the mottled granules of his dunes as she stands beside the black mare. The king has seen decades come and go and it is easy for the Percheron to tell she is quite young, the titan’s heart brooded often over the circumstances of those that came to him so young –  some abandoned, some fleeing, some for reasons he had never asked. They all told, within time.

The large stallion makes his way to the border where the mares stood, wings rustling softly at his sides, nipping at Yael’s side softly he says, “good morning ladies,” followed by a gentleman’s smile, “and who might you be?” He asks, large raven eyes holding the girl’s as he address her.  

vanquish

black king of the deserts

sorry this is shit
    Feyre

The beauty of life was that choices that one made. Good or bad. Happy or sad. Good for one, or good for all. There was always something or someone that was affected by one's decisions. For example, Yael and Van would have been content to go through their lives without knowing Feyre, but she was a rather happy creature and so now their lives would be filled with a little more humor and happiness. She assumes anyways. Perhaps they would even hate her and then their lives would be filled with a touch more drama than they were used to. Either way, it would be fun.

The yellow mare poofs into existence before her. Feyre is quiet for a heartbeat as she takes it in before she chuckles. "You put my entrance to shame." At first she was sure she was seeing one of those Deserts mirages but too soon the shadowy outline filled in with the yellowiest mare she has ever met. And of course she has the best smile to welcome newcomers into their kingdom.

"Well I..." she says, trailing off when she sees the rather large black form of Vanquish making his way over. "Good ness." She says under her breath, having not seen a stallion of his size yet. She tilts her head and smiles when he smiles, the affection and love obvious between the two. And then his own rumbling baritone adds some spice to their softer voices. Which of course keeps the smile on her face. "What did you eat to get so big?" She says without thought and then laughs almost in embarrassment. If she could have blushed, she might have. Instead she flicks her tail against her legs.

"I'm sorry. Mother told me I didn't have a filter." She says with a slight toss of her mane and a sigh. "However, I am hoping you can welcome me into this place and give me the run down on what I should do and maybe some more good horses to meet." She says to the yellow mare with a smile and she turns back to the giant next to her, tilting her head to look up at him. "And I am Feyre. Who might you two be?"

“If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.”
    photo by Vitor Schietti