• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Running with the Wolves; Voudou

There was no explaining his disappearance. Jason didn’t even understand where exactly he went. His attempt to travel through the twists of time merely failed. In a single instant he was trapped, and in the next he escaped to only discover the ultimate failure. Fiasko had been taken, and she was disintegrating in the holds of her captors. He tried to release her, to save her, but it didn’t work. A whisper of magic was all that was left. It had been drained from him in his return. He was a shadow of his former strength, and it would take time before he would regain himself. Time that Jason had no intention to wait for.

In his sickness Jason found Voudou and sought comfort in her long time offer. She was warm, soothing, and completely intoxicating. In the end he collapsed into himself- Not only had he not protected Fiasko he had betrayed her in the flesh. It was an act that didn’t fit into his character- yet he had indulged in the sin, and it was his now.

As Fiasko wilted in the Chamber Jason stayed away. A coward until the end, he mused. He couldn’t stand to watch her, and he couldn’t stand to be with her when there was little he could do. Instead the sorrow forced him to the edge of the kingdom and back to his warm spot. It would be that time; if Voudou had been gifted with a child then it would be time for it to be born. The idea of a new son or daughter lifted Jason for a moment.

The blue stallion who usually stepped with enthusiasm simply rolled his hooves along the earth in a slow drag. It was clear that death was becoming him. ”Voudou?” He spoke aloud as he sent a mental call to her mind as well. He knew she would find him- she always had before.
    jason
    magical son of eol and ashling

So she lived.

The cove wasn't all bad she supposed. Kult and her still had disagreements as to her status in the herd, mostly because of Voudou's stubbornness on the topic. Other than that she wandered the lands, avoiding any socialization with the other members, not eager to participate in useless conversations. Voudou still hadn't explored the territory to the extent she wished, slowed mostly by the blue filly that followed. The small critter was nearly 5 months old and still insisted she should play with the other foals, what a disgusting thought. Let her pride and joy, little Sretan, be poisoned by the stupidity of others? Voudou refused to have any part of it.

Unexpectedly, words rang in her head. A flurry of excitement rushed over Voudou as she looked around, trying to catch his scent on the wind, he was here, he had to be. The foal at her side asked some question, though the mare was paying no attention, quickly changing direction and breaking into a trot, head raised high and her heart beating out of her chest.

"Jason?!"

There he was. She bolted up ahead to reach him, not saying a word as she practically ran into the brute and wrapped her head around his neck. Only after a few moments of peaceful warmth did she force herself to back up, with each step backwards her smile growing smaller, and soon disappearing altogether. He didn't hold the strength and power he once had. No... he looked beaten, like he had already given up. For the first time in many years a concerned expression crossed her face, a blend of sadness and worry and fear. The large mare was distracted momentarily as a plod of tiny hoofbeats came up behind her. Oh right, the kid! Not even allowing Sretan a moment to catch her breath, Voudou pushed the girl forward, almost showing her off. "Sretan this is your dad... he's beautiful isn't he?"

voudou

I Can't Take Back The Words I Never Said

Jason waited in blind hope. Voudou would help him feel again; perhaps she had the power to instill strength back into his muscles. It was a funny thought; to think that in the beginning Jason was the provider for her, and now she was his hidden strength among the despair. Although the one fear- Voudou had always preyed upon weakness and now Jason stood in the essence of death. His magic was growing. He could tell by how little it took from him to call for the mare.

The weakness did not prevent Jason from lifting his head when Voudou came running towards him. She engulfed herself in his neck, and he returned by leaning into her briefly and pressing his lips to her mane. She still held her beauty and strength; characteristics Jason believed she was incapable of losing. He smiled as he felt his breath come easier in her presence. Voudou quickly pulled away and Jason released her without fight; he never could tame her independence. It was another enduring quality she had.

Jason’s ears lifted as he heard the tiny hooves. The owner of the hooves was soon presented to him, and she was breathtaking; she was the perfect mix of her parents. Jason’s face relaxed, and he lowered his head to nibble on the top of the foals mane. ”Hey there, Sretan.” He said with fatherly awe wrapped in each syllable.

He looked up. ”Voudou…she is gorgeous just like her mother.” A pause. ”Thank you.” He solemnly finished.

jason

She could see Sretan's face light up once the confusion dissipated, which warmed Voudou's usually cold heart. Jason's... sluggish appearance still concerned her but she wouldn't let it show in front of the child. "Well she get's it from you, it's certainly not me. Geremy is an ugly creature, inside and out, though I suppose that's probably his dad's fault..." she drifted off, not wanting to stir up a lot of questions on Sretan's part; Jason knew what had happened and that was enough for her. A slightly forced smile tugged at the corners of her lips as Voudou stepped back forwards, moving past his head and once again resting her chin on his back. It had just been so long, so painfully long, and she cherished every moment, drawing in his scent with closed eyes as she leaned into him, knowing full well that she would pull away flecked with blue-tinted hairs clinging to her ebony coat.

After a few moments of bliss she leaned away from him, twisting to look at the filly who was mindlessly spewing out words towards Jason, still not outgrowing her talkative child phase. "Sretan, how about you run off and play for a minute? Maybe go find something to show dad?" she interrupted, sending the girl away and now standing next to Jason. "Why are you here, Jason? Would you have even come to find me if you didn't think you'd have another baby to meet? Shouldn't you be with scarface?" she questioned, still bitter towards Fiasko even after all this time, her voice calm but almost emotionless. She loved Jason, and Voudou knew he would never quite feel the way about her as he did with Fiasko, as she did about him. And it hurt, it really did, and she didn't want Sretan to think her dad would always be around when Voudou knew in her heart that he wouldn't be. He knew it too, it was clear just in the way he held himself.

voudou

I Can't Take Back The Words I Never Said

Sretan
    Sretan was confused. Here they were happily wandering along when Voudou suddenly looked as if she had heard something that sent her into a panic. "Mom? Mom what is it? Do you hear something?" but the black mare didn't even flick her ears to hear her, and simply twisted around and left. The blue youngster wasn't a stranger to impulsive acts of her mother's part, Voudou wasn't exactly a predictable horse, and she had learned a couple months ago already to accept that. Shaking her head in annoyance, Sretan turned to follow, now quite a ways behind.

When she finally caught up, Voudou was wrapped around a stranger, and pulled away only to give Sretan a good push towards the new stallion. The filly was caught like a deer in the headlights, not entirely sure what to think. Mom was hugging him, which almost scared her... Voudou hadn't given her a hug since she was 2 weeks old. All questions were answered quickly. Dad? Her dad? He was here?! Sretan almost bounced with excitement, suddenly eager to tell him all about her life, short as it may be. After they had a quick conversation and Voudou moved to embrace the stud once more, Sretan took her chance to talk, trying to get out as much as she could at once. "Are you really my dad? Voudou talks about you all the time, she says I'm the prettiest one of all your children. I met Sahm and Sidra too! I thought they were great. But that was when I was just a teeny tiny little thing, I've grown up quite a bit since then. Soon I'll be as tall as mom, and then I'll get to terrify everyone around me just like she does-"

It was here that Voudou urged her to leave for a moment. She supposed they probably had stuff to talk about, grown ups always did. With slight disappointment, Sretan trotted off a ways, though playing was the last thing on her mind as she pretended to focus on the earth as if searching for something. In all reality she was focused on catching as much of their conversation as she could, only hearing a few words of Voudou's initial questioning, something about why he was here instead of with Scarface. Her ears strained to catch anything else as Jason responded.
    daughter of jason and voudou

Voudou had certainly not lost her charm. Her snide comments focused in on her other child, and Jason simply grinned and nodded his head in half-agreement. He didn’t know the boy, but he was sure no child could match the beauty of Sretan. She was utterly perfect, and Jason had a difficult time taking his eyes off of her. Jason watched the young filly with a softened expression while Voudou began her movement, and as she moved past his head he took the opportunity to brush his nose into her mane. He inhaled her scent and for a moment closed his eyes. He pointed his head forward once more and felt a lightweight press down on his back. A smile arose along with memories that rushed into his brain like a tidal wave. There was a time where this singular position would have satisfied every bone in his body. Now there was simply a wish that Voudou could bring him ultimate peace- it was a wish that was not likely to be granted, but oh he would rub that lamp for as long as he could manage.

Jason nodded along to Sretan’s chattering. She was absolutely adorable in a way that only age could diminish. Voudou managed to quiet the girl, and when she went scampering off Jason peaked his ears. Why was he here? It was a valid question. ”Voudou…” He said with a slight exhale to his breath. ”I came here to see you, to see how you were doing. I’ve missed you.” There previous meeting had been brief and full of passion. And even though he wanted to delve into that pleasure again- he also wanted to know how his friend was doing. He also wanted his friend to help mend his brokenness.

jason